Author's Chapter Notes:

Sing it Tiffani.. :)

“Class is now in session.” JC spoke out loud and motioned to the marker board in front of him and started scribbling some notes. It was now the next day and Tiffani was with JC to work on some music together. Tiffani was sitting on a table and opened the notebook that she was writing in earlier, she saw that some of the lyrics that she wrote were edited by JC.

 

“Excuse me Josh?” She called out to him, he looked away from the marker board and turned to her, he was wearing a black t-shirt, worn jeans, and some thin-framed glasses.

 

“Yes Tiffy?” He walked up to her.

 


“You edited my lyrics didn’t you?”

 

“Yes I did, I couldn’t help but continue writing it, you actually didn’t do so bad, I actually liked what you wrote, I hope you don’t mind though, cause you said so yourself that you needed help writing, that is what you texted me for, that night.” JC explained.

 

Tiffani nodded “Yeah I did needed some help, I just hope that when I try to sing this it’ll work out you know?”

 

“Don’t worry Tiff, I know you can do it, just sing for fun you know, its not like you’re gonna sing at an opera or something.” He chuckled and went to the piano to play some keys while following the notes that he written on the marker board.

 

Tiffani listened to what he was playing, it sounded really nice, a ballad of some sort.

 

“Do you like how that sounds?” JC asked.

 

“Yeah it sounds pretty good, now all I gotta do is sing it right?”

 

“Yep, now go to that booth over there and when I give you the signal you sing okay?”

 

Tiffani agreed and rose up the seat taking her notebook with her, she got to the booth and placed the microphone in her ear and re-read the lyrics that she and JC wrote together.

 

“Ok ready?” JC called out.

 

“Ready.” Tiffani replied giving him a thumbs up.

 

JC then played the piano piece and started mixing the beats on the synthesizer and Tiffani started to sing softly…

 

I used to think, I had the answers to everything

But now I know, that life doesn't always go my way, yeah

Feels like I'm caught in the middle, that's when I realize

I'm not a girl, not yet a woman, all I need is time,

a moment that is mine, while I'm in between, I'm not a girl

There is no need to protect me; it's time that I learn to face up to this on my own

I've seen so much more than you know now, so don't tell me to shut my eyes

I'm not a girl, not yet a woman, all I need is time, a moment that is mine

While I'm in between, I'm not a girl; But if you look at me closely

You will see it in my eyes; this girl will always find her way

I'm not a girl, don't tell me what to believe, not yet a woman,

 I'm just trying to find the woman in me, yeah,

All I need is time, a moment that is mine

While I'm in between.

I'm not a girl, not yet a woman

All I need is time, a moment that is mine,

While I'm in between.

I'm not a girl, not yet a woman.

 

Tiffani finished singing that last verse and took a glance at JC who had a look of shock on his face.

 

“How-how was that?” She stammered.

 

“How was that?” That was amazing! That was beautiful, you can sing sweetheart, you can actually sing, I think I’m gonna cry, I’m having a moment, you have got to listen to the playback Tiff, so get back in here and let me give you a hug.” JC beamed.

 

Tiffani chuckled on the way out of the booth and stood next to JC, after clicking a few keys, Tiffani’s voice came through the speakers, a beautiful soothing melody.

 

She let out a gasp and put her hands on her face. “Is that me?”

 

“Yes it is, isn’t it great?” JC replied with a grin, he put his hand on her shoulder, “I’m so proud of you, you know that? We have two singers in the family.”

 

“Josh, I-I sound like I’m a professional singer on the radio.” Tiffani asked in amazement.

 

“I know!” JC responded and clicked the save button on the computer, “So tell me, what made you come up with a song like that?”

 

“Oh well, its pretty clear I think, I’m not a girl, not a woman, I’m just in between, there are things that I know and I don’t know.”

 

“I see what you mean, I understand where you’re going, seriously Tiff, I’m so proud of you, you have come such a long way, I am proud to call you my sister.” JC replied and ruffled her hair.

 

“Hey! Stop!” She let out a laugh and poked him on the arm, “I am proud to call you my brother.”

Chapter End Notes:
Credit: Britney Spears: I'm Not of a Girl, not yet a Woman


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant hospital lance