Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a short chapter..

Tiffani wants to know when JC will get his memory back.

“What-what do you mean he doesn’t know who we are, Dr. Stanley, I need answers!” Tiffani cried out, she had her hands gripped on the counter to keep from losing her balance.

 

“That head wound that he has must be still swollen, that is why he probably doesn’t remember anything.” Dr. Stanley muttered while looking at JC’s records.

 

“It’s not permanent is it?” Agatha asked softly.

 

“No, I don’t think so, but we need to do x-rays on him to make sure, we have to watch him.” He replied with a frown. “Don’t worry Tiffani, I’m sure everything would be fine, don’t give up hope okay?”

 

Tiffani nodded and went back to the room, on the bed was JC, but in his eyes, it wasn’t.

 

“What’s the matter?” JC asked.

 

Tiffani shook her head, “You don’t know who I am, that’s what’s the matter.” She said and looked away from, her heart was breaking for him, that was the hardest thing in life, someone you truly care about, and that person doesn’t remember who you are.

 

JC tried to say something to her, “Um, did you know that I just turned sixteen a couple months ago?”

 

Tiffani stared at him in horror, “Josh, you are not sixteen; you are thirty-three years old.”

 

He just laughed, “I am not thirty three years old, quit fooling.”

 

At that moment she felt her phone vibrate, she saw that the message was from Lance.

 

Happy New Year girl, everything okay?”

 

Tiffani replied back, “No, everything is not okay, JC woke up but he doesn’t remember anything, he thinks he’s sixteen years old!”

 

“What?! Do you think he remembers us? Was Lance’s text.

 

“I don’t know, you guys are gonna have to come tomorrow during visiting hours.”

 

Tiffani sent the text to Lance and waited for his reply.

 

“Ok, will do, see you tomorrow.”

 

Tiffani checked the time on her phone; it was already tomorrow actually, it was almost 2am, visiting hours started at 8am. She let out a sigh and looked at her mom who was fluffing the pillows on the sofa that she and her were sharing.

 

JC just stared at both of them for a minute, “Have a good night.” He whispered softly.

 

Tiffani turned around to look at him, she could see that he was struggling to remember, but he just couldn’t, and it pained her to see him like this, she went up to him and looked at his blue eyes that reflected her own.

 

“Goodnight Joshie.” Tiffani said and gave him a light kiss on the forehead, something that he used to do to her, he smiled in return.

 

“What was that for?” He asked.

 

“Oh, you used to do that to me.” Tiffani replied.

 

JC just stared at her for a moment and sighed; he gently closed his eyes and went into a dreamless sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
The next chapter is a bit longer..thanks for reading and reviewing. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant hospital lance