Author's Chapter Notes:

Tiffani and Agatha decide to spend New Years Eve at the hospital with JC, who is awake.

 

Tiffani was at her house and was already discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon, she was worried cause JC still hadn’t woken up yet, the rest of the *NSYNC guys already visited JC at the hospital with the same news and was starting to scare them. They didn’t want the media to find out about any of this.

 

“Max? It’s New Year’s Eve today, I’m going to spend it at the hospital with Josh, what do you think?” Tiffani asked her dog.

 

The dog looked at her with big eyes and wagged his tail, but continued to play with the tennis ball that was on his doggie bed.

 

Tiffani chuckled, “Why am I talking to you, you probably don’t even understand what I’m saying.” She let out a sigh and resumed unpacking her bag and putting the rest of her clothes back in her drawers, she stopped when she saw a photo album neatly tucked inside, opening the photo album, it was filled with pictures of her and JC when they were on that trip to Maryland a few months ago.

 

Smiling to herself, she knew that deep down her brother was gonna be okay, all she had to do was don’t give up hope. Closing the photo album, she heard someone enter the front door.

 

“Tiffani, are you home?” It was her mom Agatha.

 

“In my room Mom!” She called back.

 

Agatha headed upstairs to her daughter’s room, “Are you okay honey?”

 

“Yeah I’m fine, I’m not going out tonight, I’m just gonna spend New Years at the hospital with Josh.” Tiffani asked.

 

Agatha frowned, “I’m gonna do the same, I’ll spend it with you, we’ll have eachother.”

 

Tiffani nodded.

 

Agatha looked at the time, “we have six hours left, so we’ll head over there later.”

 

“Yeah mom, hopefully.” Tiffani gave her mom a light smile and called Max to go give him his dinner.

 

 

‘”Ok, Tiffani just sent me a text message that she’s gonna spend New Year’s Eve at the hospital with JC.” Lance asked the guys.

 

“We should do the same.” Joey replied quietly, “it won’t be fun if we have a party without him.”

 

“I agree with you Joey.” Chris said, blowing bubbles on his chocolate milkshake.

 

“Chris, you are insane.” Justin chuckled.

 

“What, I think it’s cool.” Chris smirked.

 

“The four of them were at the ice cream parlor; apparently this was the only ice cream parlor that was secluded from the busy streets of Los Angeles, sometimes they had to split to avoid the paps. The media hasn’t found out yet that all five of them were in the area, and they wanted to keep it that way. They were not in the mood to answer questions.

 

“I have an idea, since Tiffani is going there tonight; we just stay at my house for a while and have Tiffani call us for updates.” Lance said.

 

“I agree.” Chris said, finishing the last drops of his chocolate milkshake.

 

“Would you like a refill Chris?” Justin said.

 

“No I’m good, thank you though.” Chris grinned.

 

They finished the rest of their milkshakes, gave a tip to the waitress and headed out the door.

 

11:50pm At the hospital

Tiffani was glad that JC has been moved from the ICU into a private room, this one had a view of the Hollywood sign and a view of the city. They were gonna throw fireworks at the stroke of midnight, which was a nice touch. She and Agatha sat in silence waiting, drinking apple cider. Tiffani made a New Year’s resolution silently to herself. “My only wish is for my brother Josh to wake up from his long nap, that’s all I really want.”

 

She jumped when she heard cheers down the hall of the hospital, signaling that the New Year has already begun.

 

“Happy New Year sweetie.” Agatha said and pulled her daughter into a hug.

 

“Happy New Year mom.” She responded and returned the hug, Tiffani didn’t know if she was hearing things or what.

 

“Did you hear that Mom, it sounded like a groan or something?” Tiffani said in a whisper and looked over at JC, she let out a gasp because she saw him moving a little bit.

 

She let go of her mom and walked over to him, “Joshie?”

 

“Hmm.” was all JC’s response, he wasn’t on the breathing mask anymore so that was good sign, but he still had the bandage on his head.

 

Tiffani and Agatha huddled around JC’s bed, to their surprise his eyes fluttered open.

 

“Ow my head hurts.” JC frowned, “where am I?” He said looking around the room.

 

“You’re at the hospital, you had an accident.” Tiffani asked, her prayers were answered, she wanted her brother to be awake and here he was.

 

“How did I have an accident?” JC replied looking at them intently, he seemed confused.

 

“You fell down the stairs.” Agatha said, pressing the button for the nurse.

 

“Oh so are you my nurse to make me all better?” JC replied giving Agatha a smile.

 

“No? It’s me Agatha and this is your sister Tiffani.” Agatha asked in fear.

 

JC stared at them blankly, “I’m-I’m sorry, but I don’t know who you guys are.” He whispered.

   
Chapter End Notes:
This chapter was not one of my best ones, in my opinion, but I hope you all like it. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant hospital lance