Lisa walked the streets of New York for hours.  She knew it wasn’t the safest option, but she couldn’t help herself.  Finally making her way exhausted back to her hotel.  The lobby was deserted, with only one clerk on duty behind the desk. 

All she wanted to do now was fall into bed and sleep until she could forget all about JC.  Hopefully neither Kelly nor Joey had told JC where she was staying, and since he wasn’t waiting in the lobby, she assumed they had not shared the information. 

Kelly had booked an extremely nice suite for her use this weekend.  It had a large living space and two bedrooms along with a small kitchenette.  Tiredly, Lisa unlocked the door, not turning on any lights as she entered and walked over to the large window overlooking the skyline of New York.  Even in the middle of the night, the city glowed and people moved about. 

She shed the blouse she had worn to the concert and tossed it over her shoulder to the chair behind her.  As she stepped out of her shoes, she lost an inch of height.  Still looking out over the city, her hands went to the hem of the short-sleeved t-shirt she had worn under the blouse.  Lifting it, the shirt was halfway up her body when…

“Not that I wouldn’t enjoy the show, but I don’t think we are quite ready for that just yet, do you?”  A voice spoke from the darkness. 

Frightened, Lisa yanked the shirt back down as she twirled around and stumbled over her discarded shoes.  As she began to fall, she caught herself on the edge of the glass coffee table.  She hissed in a sharp breath as the corner stabbed her palm.    

“Whoa, are you alright?  I didn’t mean to scare you like that.”  A light quickly snapped on and JC came from his position from the chair in the corner of the room.  He knelt next to Lisa and grabbed her wrist. 

“What are you doing here?”  Lisa tightened her hand into a fist, but he tenderly pried her fingers open so he could see where the blood was coming from. 

“Come on, let’s get that cleaned up so it doesn’t get infected.”  He grasped her elbows and lifted her to her feet before leading her into the second bedroom.  “I needed to make sure you got back to the hotel alright, you’ve been gone for hours.  I was getting worried.”

She looked around and saw his suitcase lying on the bed open and a pair of his shoes strewn about.  Why was his stuff here?  He told her to sit on the edge of the tub.  She slowly sat as she pieced together the puzzle.  JC rummaged through his bathroom bag. 

“I’m going to hurt her, I’m seriously going to hurt her.”  Lisa whispered under her breath, it all made sense now.  “This was all a set up, wasn’t it?”  She laughed in anger and disbelief, no humor made itself known.  By this time, JC had found some antiseptic and a bandage in his case.  He put a large dollop of soap on a washcloth and ran the water until it was warm. 

“What are you talking about?”  He knelt in front of her not meeting her eyes as he pried open her fingers again to see the cut caused by the sharp edge of the coffee table.  Washing it, he patted her hand dry and placed antiseptic on it.  She tried jerking her hand away but he held it firmly in his and blew on her skin to help get rid of the stinging sensation.  Lisa’s breath caught in her throat at the feeling he caused.  Never letting go of her hand he tore open the band-aid with his teeth and covered the cut, pressing down so that the band-aid was sealed to her skin.    

“I’m never going to be free of you, am I?”  Her words were loud in the silence of the bathroom. 

JC paused as he cleaned up and turned away from her.  “Do you want to be?”  He couldn’t quite hide the hurt in his voice.

“I don’t know anymore JC…you confuse me…and make me feel things.”  It was as if she were in a dream world, not aware of what she was saying.  Their eyes connected and he could see the confusion in them. 

She shook her head and stood, “Thank you for fixing my hand, I’m going to bed.” 

She had almost made it across the living area to her bedroom door when JC called her name softly.  “Lisa?”

“Yeah?”  She answered just as quietly and half turned toward him.  Her body faced his completely as he took long strides to stand just inches in front of her. 

At this point, he had nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

“Jace…”  She began when she saw the look in his eyes, but no more words came. 

Seizing the opportunity, JC stepped forward with one motion, taking his right hand to the nape of her neck, fisting it in the silky straight strands of her hair; the other hand went to her waist to help hold her against him.  And his lips descended to hers. 

Her hands went automatically to his shoulders to push him away, but as his lips devoured hers, they fisted in the soft cotton of his t-shirt to keep him close.  She was flying, there was no other explanation for it.  When JC’s soft lips had first touched hers, she lost all contact with the earth.  He tasted of the Gatorade he always drank after a show with a hint of the peppermints he always kept in his pocket.  He drank of her lips as a man dying of thirst.  Never had she known such powerful feelings.  She thought she could be rid of him…not with this kiss…never again.  With this kiss, he would stay with her forever.  She could run from him, but now he would forever be in her heart. 

JC’s thoughts, if he had any at that moment, were along the same lines.  He would never let this woman go.  He had thought he had known what love was, but had had no idea until their lips met for the first time.  Her lips were soft from the strawberry lip balm she used and he was drunk from the vanilla cappuccino she had consumed earlier.  It was a heady combination and one he would never forget. 

Their lungs screaming for air, JC broke away from the kiss, gentling his lips as he withdrew.  He drew back far enough to look at her closed eyes.  He placed kiss on both eyes, then her nose before their lips met again. 

But JC knew he had to stop.  She was confused about her feelings and now he had all the time in the world to be with her.  Why he had wasted so many years when she was with him every minute of every day he would never know. 

He pulled away again and studied her true beauty.  Her lips were swollen and her eyes were now half-open, looking at him with such deep emotion he was shaken.  His hands left her body to lay on hers, which were still tightly holding onto his shirt.  He pried her hands loose, holding them in his when they were free.  He lowered them to her sides as he pressed one final kiss on her lips. 

“Sweet dreams, my Lisa.”  Almost painfully, he released her hands and stepped away.  Before shutting the door to his bedroom, he looked at her one last time.  She was still leaning against the wall where he had pressed her, looking up where his face had been with an indescribable look on her face. 

How had he ever missed this precious jewel he had abused for so long?

Chapter End Notes:
Thank you so much for reading and reviewing - keep it up!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant jc