Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow, it has been a long time since I've updated this story.  Enjoy!  

It wasn’t long before the couple was pulled apart by the slam of a door; hurried footsteps made their way to the room entryway.  With one hand on the door jam, Kelly swung into the room, never pausing as she made her way across the room to plop down next to Lisa. 

“Can we help you?”  JC tried to ask sternly, but was betrayed by the large smile on his face. 

Kelly ignored him completely, instead tugging Lisa’s left hand away from JC.  She squealed before she leapt over and hugged both JC and Lisa.  “I’m so happy for you both!  You have no idea how hard it was to keep a straight face and not blow it for JC when I was at your house earlier.”

JC took the opportunity while Kelly was distracted to tug Lisa back to rest against his chest, draping his arm around her shoulders.  Lisa immediately relaxed and lifted her now free left hand to rest in his.  She smiled at him when he pressed a kiss to her temple before she turned back to Kelly’s rambling.  She didn’t notice when he grabbed his phone off the end table behind him and sent a quick text. 

“I have so much information for you; remember how we kept everything from my wedding in that notebook?  I knew we would be using it for you both someday.  But first thing, you have to get a wedding planner.  Oh do you know who you should get?  David Tutera…his weddings are amazing.  You like his show, I’ll call him and see if he is available.  Oh wait, but first you need a date, have you chosen a date yet?  June is always nice, but will 10 months give you enough time to plan?  Have you thought about colors yet?  I look good in orange and it’s JC’s favorite color, but do you really want orange since you don’t like that color?”

Hearing the beep of the security alarm, JC jumped in when Kelly stopped for a breath.  “Not that I don’t love listening to you, Kelly, but we just got engaged and I would like to spend the evening celebrating with my fiancée.  There will be plenty of time for the two of you to talk about plans tomorrow, but for tonight Lisa is all mine.  And your husband wants to spend some time with you.”

Confused, Kelly turned her full attention on JC, “Joey doesn’t even know I’m here.”

“No, but he was close by when he got a frantic text saying that I needed to get my wife out of here.”  Joey said as he stepped inside the room.  “Well?”

Kelly simply ripped Lisa’s hand out of JC’s and twisted it to show Joey the ring.  His eyes widened at the size before he came fully into the room to congratulate the couple. 

Joey gripped JC’s hand then tugged him to his feet for a manly hug and several hard slaps on the back.  “So she actually said yes, huh?”  Joey turned to Lisa, who had come to her feet as well.  “Are you sure about this Lisa, you can still change your mind, no one knows it yet.”  Joey laughed at the expression on JC’s face. 

Exasperated, JC placed a hand on each of Kelly and Joey’s backs and basically shoved them out the door.  “Kelly – thanks for your help and keeping quiet.  I was shocked you were able to pull it off.”  He ignored her protest and look of outrage.  “Joey, thank you for coming to claim your wife.  Now both of you GET OUT!” 

JC escorted them all the way through the house to the front door, closing and locking it immediately behind them.  He took a short detour to the back door as well and locked it before he hurried back to where he had left his new fiancée.  She hadn’t been idle while JC had been gone, instead she had rifled through his playlists and chosen a song that represented them perfectly. 

She had heard him approaching and was waiting with open arms; JC stepped into them and pulled her into his chest.  Lisa snuck one hand around his neck and laid her left hand on his chest to admire his ring. 

“I don’t ever want you to change, JC.  You keep me on my toes and guessing.  Can you promise to keep it up for the next 50 years or so?”  She didn’t wait for a response, but continued on as a new thought occurred to her.  “Although, I wasn’t too pleased with that letter I received earlier.”

JC chuckled as they swayed together.  “Ah, you love it…but I’m afraid of what you would have done to me if I hadn’t been down on one knee with a ring in my pocket.”

“Well don’t forget that cause that’s how I’m going to keep you in line for the next 50 years.”

“I look forward to it with great pleasure.”  His eyes roamed her face, drinking in every detail of how she looked tonight.  Her bright eyes looked back at him, echoing the love he knew was in his own.  He held her a little tighter as it finally sunk in that he never had to let her go.

“I can’t wait.”  They danced in silence for a moment, soaking in all that this evening represented to them. 

Then JC said something that proved he would be keeping her on her toes.  “I’m going to call Kelly tomorrow and tell her that we eloped to Vegas tonight and she can’t plan the wedding.”

Lisa looked up at him startled before she burst out laughing.  She couldn’t wait to spend the rest of her life with this man and all the surprises he had in store for them.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant jc