Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm so so so sorry it has taken me so long.  I had the majority of the chapter written and decided to buckle down and finish.  Let me know what you think!

Lisa couldn’t stop smiling, even as she yelled at Kelly for taking JC’s side.  They laughed until they cried at JC’s antics of hiding from Lisa.  It was a good thing that JC and Joey were in the game room with the kids, otherwise they would have been running for the hills from the girl talk. 

Grabbing a tissue from the box behind her, Lisa dabbed at her streaming eyes then turned back around and tucked her leg underneath her so that she could face Kelly squarely. 

“I still think it was a rotten thing to do – teaming up with Jace like that.  I mean you and I have been friends for many, many, many years.”

Sober now, Kelly reached over and rubbed Lisa’s leg.  “I know, but I’ve always known that the two of you belonged together.  I threatened him with a knife and told him the world wasn’t big enough to hide in if he hurt you.”

Lisa slowly leaned over and rested her head on Kelly’s shoulder.  “Sometimes you are a pretty good friend.”  They both chuckled.  “I keep waiting to wake up.  Surely this is all a dream, I mean my boyfriend is JC Chasez!  I’ve loved him for so long and not only that, but I’ve tried to distance myself from him, especially since he was acting so weird.”

“Have you guys talked about that?”

“Yeah,” she paused for a moment as she remembered their conversation this morning, not willing to tell even Kelly everything that she and JC had talked about.  “I’m just going to trust that JC – the real JC – is back.”

“He is, I’ve never seen him look at anyone the way he looked at you this morning.”  Kelly took a deep breath.  “It’s not going to be easy, I’m not going to lie.  JC is one fine looking man and with those piercing blue eyes, not to mention the hint of gray that he’s getting at the temples, and that body…the way his muscles bulge when he crosses his arms…wow…”  Her voice faded as she had a far away look come into her eyes. 

Lisa moved back so she could stare at Kelly.  With one brow raised, she waited for Kelly to come back down to earth.  Finally mentally shaking herself, Kelly looked over at Lisa and blushed, causing both women to shout with laughter. 

At that moment, JC and Joey entered the room and simply looked at the two women laughing.  Just as they began to gain control, JC crossed his arms over his chest and the women looked at each other as Lisa pointed at Kelly’s blush and leaned too far forward and fell off the couch.  She lay with her back on the floor and her hands over her face as Kelly gazed down at her. 

When Lisa finally calmed down and removed her hands from her face, she opened her eyes to see JC standing over her, his arms still crossed.  “Are you done laughing at us now?”

With a mischievous smile, Lisa stuck her tongue out.  “Oh, we weren’t laughing at Joey.”

With a smile and a roll of his eyes, JC held a hand out to help Lisa to her feet.  Once she stood, he tucked her under his arm and leaned down to press a light, lingering kiss on her lips.  

Forgetting herself, Lisa curled an arm up and around his back as she turned to face him fully.  She lifted on her toes as she deepened the kiss.  Even the laughter and comments from Joey and Kelly didn’t disturb the couple in the embrace.  Lisa merely waved them away with one hand before placing it on JC’s arm, caressing the hard muscles as her hand made its way up to the nape of his neck. 

After a long moment, they broke apart enough to look in the other’s eyes.  “What was so funny?”

Lisa tried to hide the smile, “Oh, nothing.”  She said as she fingered the gray at his temple and slid her hand back down the muscles that Kelly admired.  “So where are you taking us to eat?”  She slid out of his arms to avoid answering his question. 

JC and Joey shared a glance.  “Why is it that I always have to pick up the check – what happened to women’s equality?”  JC teased, tugging at a strand of Lisa’s hair. 

She turned her head as far as she could as JC kept her trapped, her hair wrapped tightly around his finger.  “You know I’m between jobs since my last boss was such a jerk, and after what you and Kelly did this weekend, I think you owe me a nice meal.”

The laughter followed the couple to the car, debating where to eat.  

Chapter End Notes:
I've been working on the next chapter so it should be up soon as well!  Review!!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: assistant jc