Author's Chapter Notes:

I hope you guys like this chapter... So sorry for the delay... More coming soon.

Same disclaimer as always.

Featured Song:

Whenever You Call   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDP33T0ffq0 

Chapter 6

Middle of April 2000 (Friday)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Rehearsals for the NSYNC No Strings Attached tour have begun for the girls of Allure. The tour is set to leave at the end of May. Rehearsals have been set up to take place in Tampa, FL away from the Orlando craziness. The boys of NSYNC have been rehearsing for the past month, and the girls of Allure are set to join up with them this week, so Johnny can check in with them.

 

The girls were just pulling up in their transport van around 1 PM that afternoon. NSYNC was just finishing up their rehearsals for the day before heading out to work on some promotional things. Allure was scheduled to work on the stage from 3:30 to 5 PM.

 

ÒWow look at the size of this place,Ó Madison gasped in awe. ÒI canÕt believe we are going to be performing in arenas of this size in only a monthÕs time.Ó

 

ÒIsnÕt it crazy? It seems like just yesterday that we were auditioning for Allure. Now here we are,Ó Kimberly smiled biting the corner of her lip.

 

ÒWell come onÉ WeÕre here now, so letÕs go and check it out,Ó Tiffany said dragging Maria out of the van with her. The other girls followed and they ran to the side entrance of the building, and then slowed their pace as they crossed the threshold. They could here music coming from their right and turned that way. The forward movement stopped as they rounded a corner and came across a parade of guys talking and jumping around. They stepped off to the side to allow NSYNC to pass, but when the guys noticed them they paused for a moment to chat.

 

Ă’Hey girls,Ă“ Chris said. Ă’Are you excited? I know I am.Ă“

 

ÒDonÕt mind him heÕs wired on red bull!Ó Justin rolled his eyes.

 

ÒNo IÕm not. This is 100% natural energy. I donÕt drink that shit!Ó Chris countered.

 

ÒWhatever man,Ó Justin brushed him off. ÒHey there MaddyÉ How ya doing sweetheart?Ó He gave her a warm smile and a hug. The other girls of Allure just stared at her in shock trying to figure out why she was being singled out by Justin.

 

Before Justin released her she whispered in his ear. ÒChill JustinÉ Remember only Lauren knows that weÕve all been hanging out... So according to themÉ We shouldnÕt know each other,Ó Justin chuckled softly as he pulled back, and scratched behind his left ear slightly in nervousness.

 

ÒUmmÉ So girlsÉ Uh Lauren, right?Ó He froze as he spotted someone else he knew. ÒYou excited to go rehearse on the big stage.Ó He walked forward a little, closer to the other girls and shaded half of MadisonÕs body with his height. JC stepped up behind her and snuck a quick kiss on the back of her neck, where no one else, but the guys could see. Startled she jumped forward bumping into Justin. Justin, who was not expecting the jolt from behind, stumbled forward into Tiffany pressing her up against the wall. He cleared his throat and stepped backwards from her. ÒSorry Ôbout that.Ó He swung his arm backwards to whack Maddy, but JC pulled her back and out of the way laughing. Justin grumbled.

 

ÒWeÕre all very excited Justin,Ó Lauren answered. ÒWhy donÕt we reintroduce ourselves to you guys again.Ó She winked at the guys hoping to cover JustinÕs blunder. The girls each stated their names for the guys again.

 

ÒNice... Haha,Ó Joey laughed with a silly evil laugh. ÒNow that IÕve got your namesÉ There is no escape from me!Ó The girls just giggled in response.

 

ÒGirls,Ó Johnny shouted walking down toward them. ÒYou donÕt need to be on stage for rehearsals for another hour and a half or so. Why donÕt you check this place out? I got to get these guys going and to their dressing rooms, so they can clean up before we ship out! IÕll meet up with you girls once their settled.Ó He pushed the guys down the hall continuing in the direction of their dressing rooms, and the girls turned to talk to one another.

 

Ă’You know Justin Timberlake,Ă“ Tiffany questioned Madison in astonishment.

 

ÒUmmÉ No, not reallyÉ IÕve just run into him a couple times in the studio and stuffÉ You know, since I stay a little later sometimes to work on my dancingÉ ThatÕs probably why he remembers my name,Ó Madison stated searching for a reasonable explanation in her head.

 

Ă’But how does he know Lauren?Ă“ Maria pointed at the girl in question.

 

ÒThatÕs only, because of all the times IÕve picked Maddy up at the studio when sheÕs done at nightÉ Sometimes heÕs still hanging aroundÉ No one else ever volunteers to pick her up,Ó Lauren commented. That statement received a grumbled response from the other girls.

 

ÒSo anywayÉ What do you guys want to do?Ó Madison questioned.

 

ÒIÕm so excited to be backstageÉ This is awesome,Ó Kimberly exclaimed. ÒI just want to check things out back hereÉ See where our dressing room and stuff isÉÓ The other girls agreed except Madison.

 

ÒSounds goodÉ IÕm going to go spyÉ And find out where that musicÕs coming from,Ó Madison pointed down the hall the guys had come from. ÒBut IÕll come find you in a little bit.Ó She didnÕt wait for a response, but continued down the hallway towards the stage area.

 

She entered in through the side of the stage, and stopped at the edge before she was in anyoneÕs line of vision on the stage. She saw an attractive young man sitting at a piano playing a familiar song and humming along to the tune. He had a very nice voice, and something about him seemed vaguely familiar. She knew he wasnÕt one of the scheduled performers, and so MadisonÕs curiosity got the best of her as she stepped further onto the stage into view. He stopped playing the piano the moment he saw her.

 

ÒIÕm sorry I didnÕt know anyone had stage time right nowÉ IÕll be out of the way in one minute I promise.Ó He began collecting his things scattered around the piano.

 

ÒNoÉ No you donÕt have to do thatÉ I donÕt have scheduled time right nowÉ IÕm sorry I startled youÉ I just heard you playing and it sounded beautifulÉ YouÕre really good,Ó she blushed giving him a complement. He only stared back at her in confusion for a moment.

 

She cleared her throat. ÒSorryÉ My name is Madison BradfordÉ IÕm part of the girl group Allure,Ó she walked closer to him and held out her hand. He took it in his own gently and shook hers.

 

ÒOh yeahÉ You were at JustinÕs karaoke party a little over a month agoÉ IÕm Gabriel OwensÉ Ó

 

ÒI knew you looked familiarÉ YouÕre really talented on the pianoÉ Do you know anything by Mariah Carey? I was going to play a couple songs to warm up my voice a bit, but if youÕre free I would love to have you play for meÉÓ Madison placed one of her hands on the top of the piano. She stood facing the side of him and out towards the front-right side of the arena.

 

ÒSur-SureÉÓ He stuttered out. He blushed slightly at her complement. Madison gave him one of her dimpled smiles and took a quick peek to check him out more than she had when they originally met. WhatÕs the harm in checking out a good-looking guy, itÕs not like she was interested in him that way. She was with JC, and very happy with him. Gabriel had the most beautiful green eyes sheÕd ever seen that were hidden behind a pair of black-rimmed glasses. His head was covered with thick dark chestnut locks of hair that any girl would love to run her fingers through. He was taller than her when he stood, but not as tall as Justin, more like the height of JC. She guessed he was around 5Õ11Ó or so. As she finished up her assessment of him, he was playing the opening notes of the song.

 

Madison closed her eyes as she listened to the melody filtering through the stadium. A soft smile appeared across her face, when she recognized the song. It was one of her favorites by Mariah. She quietly began to hum to it, before beginning the opening lines softly.

 

Love wandered inside

Stronger than you

Stronger than I

And now that it has begun

We cannot turn back

We can only turn into one

 

As she reached the chorus she began belting the song out louder filtering her song through the arena. Still standing with eyes closed, her right hand across her heart feeling the melody flow through her. She also didnÕt see GabrielÕs eyes full of amazement watching her as she sang.

 

I won't ever be too far away to feel you

And I won't hesitate at all

Whenever you call

And I'll always remember

The part of you so tender

I'll be the one to catch your fall

Whenever you call

 

And I'm truly inspired

Finding my soul

There in your eyes

And you

Have opened my heart

And lifted me inside

By showing me yourself

Undisguised

 

At the second chorus Gabriel began to sing along with her. His voice blended perfectly with hers, resonating throughout the arena. Madison opened her eyes, and smiled at him as they continued to sing together.

 

I won't ever be too far away to feel you

And I won't hesitate at all

Whenever you call

And I'll always remember

The part of you so tender

I'll be the one to catch your fall

Whenever you call

 

Neither one realized that theyÕd gathered an audience in the seating area, as they continued on with the next verse. The guys of NSYNC, the girls of Allure, and Johnny Wright sat shocked listening to the blend of their voices as they belted out the tune. The girls of Allure and Johnny had never heard Madison let her voice go so completely and feel the music, and they were struck by the power of it. Not many people could sing a Mariah Carey song and do it justice. Some of the crewmembers had also paused what they were doing and were watching the stage avidly.

 

Gabriel sang the first part of the next verse by himself.

 

And I will breathe for you each day

Comfort you through all the pain

Gently kiss your fears away

 

Madison sang the second part of the verse by herself, resting a hand on GabrielÕs shoulder, as she let her voice go and hit a high note. JC sitting in the audience began to fidget. Justin looked over at him and saw the edges of his nostrils flaring. Oh he was pissed. Huh, heÕd never really figured JC for the jealous type. JustinÕs wide eyes turned back toward the stage to watch the end of the mini performance.

 

You can turn to me and cry

Always understand that I

Give you all I am inside

 

I won't ever be too far away to feel you

And I won't hesitate at all

Whenever you call

 

I won't ever be too far to feel you

And I won't hesitate at all

Whenever you call

 

And I'll always remember

The part of you so tender

And be the one to catch your fall

Whenever you call

 

Madison closed her eyes to finish out the last notes, and pulled her hand away from GabrielÕs shoulder to place it on her stomach as she pushed her voice a little further. Gabriel played the last few notes of the song, and MadisonÕs eyes flew open wide at the sound of clapping coming from the audience. She turned her head sharply and when she saw who was sitting there felt a heated blush rush up her face.

 

Ă’Thank you,Ă“ she called out with a little wave. She looked over at Gabriel who was staring at her in awe.

 

ÒYou really have an amazing voiceÉ I mean I heard you sing karaoke, but thisÉ This was differentÉ This was somehow more,Ó he told her. She smiled at him brightly and thanked him.

 

A moment later, she heard a slam and saw JCĂ•s seat now empty and the door to the backstage area swinging. She noticed Justin still sitting there with a concerned look on his face.

 

ÒYou do tooÉ You should think about sing professionallyÉ That is if you donÕt alreadyÉÓ Madison advised him. ÒBut uhÉ I got to go take care of some thingsÉ So IÕll see you around laterÉÓ Gabriel nodded at her.

 

ÒJCÉ Must be your boyfriend,Ó he stated.

 

Ă’What would make you say that?Ă“

 

ÒBecause he doesnÕt normally storm out of rooms like thatÉ And what other reason would he have to storm out on us singing together for? I never really thought he was the jealous type, huhÉÓ He gave a shrug of his shoulders.

 

ÒYeahÉ IÕll see you later thenÉÓ Madison simply said before walking after JC.

 

In the audience, Johnny and the girls of Allure turned to look at the guys of NSYNC in question.

 

ÒCare to tell me whatÕs going on?Ó Johnny looked at Justin first.

 

ÒWhy do you gotta look at me first man?Ó Justin choked out. ÒLook at ChrisÉ HeÕs over there looking all smug!Ó ChrisÕ face immediately turned impassive when Johnny looked at him.

 

ÒOk I donÕt care who spills, but someone better and soonÉÓ Johnny stated.

 

Ă’My guess is JC was jealous,Ă“ Lance shrugged.

 

ÒAnd why the heck would he be jealous, Lance? What does he have to do with Madison? They canÕt date.Ó Johnny stated. With his final comment, the guys all turned to look in different directions or at each other, anywhere to keep from looking at Johnny. ÒNoÉ No! This canÕt be happeningÉ They know the damn rules.Ó

 

ÒLoveÉ Has no rules,Ó Joey stated seriously placing a hand on JohnnyÕs shoulder and sighing.

 

ÒRemove your hand Joey,Ó Johnny said flatly. Joey let out a nervous little chuckle. ÒYou guys know itÕs not my ruleÉ ItÕs JIVEÕs.Ó

 

ÒBut JIVE only said we canÕt date publiclyÉ What if they keep it hush-hush?Ó Justin suggested for his friends. The girls in Allure, except for Lauren who already knew, watched in avid fascination. They knew something was up with Madison. They were more shocked that she lied about it, and Lauren covered it up too. In unison the girls turned their glared at Lauren.

 

Ă’Well she would have told you guys if you were more receptive to the idea, but you shot it down immediately, so we hid it.Ă“ Lauren just shrugged at them.

 

ÒAnd theyÕre doing such a good job of hiding it now,Ó Tiffany added sarcastically. Justin glared at her before turning away from her refusing to give the little bitch any acknowledgement. Johnny sighed.

 

ÒHave JC and Madison meet me in my room at 7 pm sharpÉ I donÕt want to here any excusesÉ ItÕs your responsibility, Justin, to get them there. Or no dealÉÓ Justin gulped in response and nodded. Johnny walked off after that mumbling about being too old to deal with this teenage drama.

 

Backstage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Madison ran off the stage and into the backstage area. She wasnÕt sure exactly where JC had gone, but knew she had to find him. She ran down one hallway, which turned out to be a dead end with a closet for electrical equipment. She backtracked and turned a different corner, but ended up in an eating area. Getting frustrated she headed back down the hall. She froze as she heard banging coming from down the hall in front of her. She jumped slightly when the thump of something hitting a door sounded. She walked cautiously toward the door and lifted a fist to knock on it.

 

Ă’Go away,Ă“ was the response she received. So she knocked again a little harder this time. The door opened and JC yelled out, Ă’I said go aw-Ă“ He froze when he saw Madison standing there in front of him. She watched a wave of emotions cross his face. Confusion, Hurt, Anger, Jealousy, Frustration. He looked around the hallway to see if anyone else was there, seeing no one he grabbed Madison by the arm and yanked her in. He slammed the door shut behind her and forced her against it. He glared at her holding tightly to her upper arms.

 

ÒJC youÕre hurting meÉ What did I do,Ó she pleaded with him looking up at him with tears brimming her eyes.

 

ÒWhat did you do? You were flirting like crazy with another guy,Ó JC stated blandly. ÒI was standing right there and had to watch it all play out it front of meÉ In front of our friendsÉÓ

 

ÒJC I didnÕt flirt with another guyÉ I mean he was just playing a song I liked, and so I decided to sing along with himÉ HeÕs a really nice guyÉ He didnÕt do anything wrong, and neither did IÉ Am I not aloud to sing now,Ó she questioned him frustration now evident in her own voice. JC let go of her arms and pushed away from her.

 

ÒNo! I meanÉ Of course you can singÉ ButÉ Did you have to touch him like that? And smile at him? You two sounded perfect togetherÉ Perfect,Ó he said the last word on a sighed grumble.

 

ÒJC look at me,Ó Madison said walking forward towards him. She placed her hands on his face keeping his eyes locked with hers. ÒI only touched his shoulderÉ And it was more to keep me groundedÉ And I donÕt see the problem in smiling at himÉ I smile at lots of people, a lot of my fans are guysÉ You donÕt see me flying off the wagon every time you smile at one of your beautiful female fans.Ó

 

Ă’Yeah, but-Ă“

 

ÒNo, no butsÉ JC IÕm not interested in Gabriel like thatÉ IÕm with youÉ I care about youÉ I donÕt even know himÉ You and I, weÕve got to get this clear now or weÕre never going to be able to be together.Ó JC nodded his head in her hands.

 

Ă’God I just missed you so much, and seeing your hands on himÉ  And knowing I havenĂ•t been able to have you in my arms this last monthÉ I couldnĂ•tÉ IĂ•m sorry,Ă“ he said. He removed her hands from his face and held them within his own. JC gently pressed his lips against hers. Ă’IĂ•m so sorry baby.Ă“ He kissed her again.

 

ÒDid you have to break ChrisÕ piggy bank? HeÕs going to be sooo pissed at you,Ó she smiled sweetly at him. Looking over at the mess of shattered pink pieces of porcelain and coins scattered around the doorway. JC kissed her again instead of answering hoping to forget about the rage he was about to be delivered from the crazy one. JC tilted MadisonÕs head slightly to the side, so he could deepen their kiss. He began to kiss her fiercely after the sound of a soft moan escaped from her. Their kiss didnÕt last long, because after a few moments the door flew open followed by the other guys and the girls of Allure.

 

Ă’What the fuck man!Ă“ Chris yelled at him. Ă’Keep your jealous paws off my junk!Ă“

 

ÒStupid thing was freaking me out with his beady little eyesÉ HmmÉ Sounds like someone else I know,Ó JC added with a smirk. Chris eyes flew wide a moment before he attacked. Justin saw the move out of the corner of his eye and grabbed Madison to pull her out of the way and to safety.

 

A wired and angry Chris flew across the room at JC. JCĂ•s eyes widened briefly for a moment before he took off running putting distance between him and Chris. Chris was quick though, and dove at JC just as JC moved past the couch. The two went sprawling onto the couch and it tipped over sending them flying over the back. The two began to play wrestle, and the other guys let them have their fun for a couple of minutes.

 

A whistle sounded through the air. ÒOk you guys weÕve got bigger fish to fry,Ó Lance stated. JC and Chris stopped their wrestling. JC stood first reaching a hand down to help Chris up. They slapped each other on the back.

 

ÒThis isnÕt over yet,Ó Chris murmured softly with an evil grin.

 

Ă’Not even close,Ă“ JC added with a smirk.

 

The two walked over to the rest of the group.

 

Ă’So everyone knows about you and Maddy now, JC.Ă“ Justin stated plainly.

 

Ă’What?Ă“

 

ÒOh pleaseÉ With that jealous tirade you pulled a moment ago it was so obviousÉÓ

 

Ă’Fuck!Ă“ JC exclaimed.

 

ÒGood news: You donÕt have to hide it from Johnny or the other girls nowÉ Bad news: Johnny wants to see you two at his room tonight at 7 PM sharpÉ No excusesÉÓ Justin finished.

 

JC kicked his foot against the wall, before grumbling and immediately regret it, when a brief feeling of pain struck him. ÒReally man,Ó Justin questioned him in exasperation. ÒYou need some anger management classesÉ What the fuck? Are you like going through the terrible twoÕs again? Should I call your mom?Ó Justin immediately cut off his comments with the death look JC gave him.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Reviews? Please


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tourj tour tourjc jc justin