Author's Chapter Notes:

JC opens up that night about how he has had his share of heartache.....

 

JC smiled as he walked with Kara back to the hotel. He held her hand and she had a smile on her face that matched how he felt. He looked at her and said, “I had an amazing time tonight.”

 

Kara smiled and looked at him. She was feeling as if she was on cloud nine at that point. She never felt this good. She saw the cafe that was in the hotel was still open and asked him, “feel like a little coffee?”

 

He smiled as he too didn't want this date to end so he told her, “Sure thing, if it's your treat?”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “you're on.”

 

They walked in and saw that the place was not too busy. They found a half moon booth and sat down. Right away the waiter came over took their drink order and Kara feeling a little hungry ordered some chocolate cake thing she saw when they walked in.

 

“This is nice, I'm glad you decided to come in here.” JC said as he looked to her. She came closer and snuggled into him as he put his arm around her.

 

Kara looked up to him and smiled at him as she felt his hand lightly rubbing her back. She went to his lips and kissed him lightly. She looked into his eyes and saw what she had seen, the one day they had been on their lunch date together. He was holding heartache. She wanted to get that out of him.

 

“JC,” she said to him as she moved and took his hand in hers. “I know you have hurt before. I can tell. I know you might not want to tell me now but I will tell you one thing, I could never hurt you. Not in a million years,” Kara said.

 

JC looked at her and the slight tension that was in his shoulders went away as he said, “Bobbi.”

 

Kara looked at him then saw the waiter come back with their coffee and desert. He left then said, “Bobbi? I thought you guys were finished close to 8 years ago.”

 

“Well unknown to the press, we were dating again. It was like it was all right and nothing could go wrong. Then things took a very different turn.” he took a sip of his coffee then went on.

 

“Bobbie started cheating again, then one day when I got home she told me she was pregnant, and that I was most likely going to be the father.” JC finally let it out.

 

Kara sat there and said, “Wait a minute how can she say most likely, either you know this shit or not. Unless....” She saw JC's face and said, “Well...if that's not a kick in the balls.”

 

JC chuckled sarcastically, “To say the least.” he then continued, “Anyways, I did what SHE wanted and I proposed to her. We were going to be married after she gave birth. I stayed with her through the entire pregnancy. Even to the hospital to her delivery.”

 

Kara sat in silence, knowing his pain and took his hand and laced her fingers into his. He looked to her and went on. “Those forty-eight hours were the worst hours of my life. I watched her give birth to what I thought would have been my first son until the baby came out.” he took a deep breath and looked down to the table and said, “The baby was black....Bobbie and I are white....and at that point the other guy that I knew was the father.” JC said then looked at me.

 

“Who was this guy JC?” Kara asked as she saw his face fall/

 

“It was Dallas. My so called best friend. She had been with him ever since we got back together.” JC said as he looked up.

 

Kara sat there amazed as she looked to him, “You know what I am going through then. How it feels to be used.” she said. He shook his head as she went on, “I never knew, why didn't you ever tell me.? Does anyone else know?” she had to know.

 

“Joey knows, as does Kelly too...she was at the hospital being she's a nurse and all. She was the only one I wanted in there besides the doctor during the delivery. I knew she wouldn't leak this out . She still kept it in. “ he said. “Joey was at the hospital too, when I walked out he looked at me then saw Dallas, and kicked the shit out of him. Being Joey he took one look and figured it out.”

 

Kara never knew just how much they had in common. Here he was for the past year holding in this secret from her and she never knew. Hell, nobody knew it. He did a great job keeping it all in. Kara smiled as she said, “That explains those two songs I heard then huh?”

 

“Which ones?” JC said as he looked at her.

 

“Until Yesterday, and Slept with my Best Friend” Kara said then continued, “I had a feeling you were cheated on but not to THAT extent”

 

“It happens,” JC said

 

“Not like that,” Kara said as She saw the look on JC's face, “Okay not my way either, what can I say we are the two that got shitty ends of the deal.”

 

JC had to smile as she said that then took he hand and held it as he looked her in the face, “I care for you Kara, and if you let me in..i will not hurt you.”

 

Kara responded as only she could. She leaned in and gave him what she thought could be a soft sweet kiss. When she pulled back she felt his hands hold her head and he took this moment to deepen the kiss. Their tongues matted, and danced. When he pulled away they were breathless. Good thing the cafe was dark, Kara was red in the face from that kiss.

 

They paid the bill and went back upstairs. Kara smiled as she got to her room and looked back at JC. She then said, “thank you again Josh, for a great night.”

 

“JC smiled as he kissed her one last time, and said, “Tomorrow 9am, you and Carly be ready. I will be here to escort you both for breakfast.”

 

“It's a date, and don't forget you have a noon interview at the radio station.” Kara said as she stood in the door way.

 

JC smiled and said, “Thanks.” he bent down one more time and kissed her. He held her there til they both heard two girls giggling on the other side of the door. He laughed while he was kissing her and pulled away.

 

“I guess I better go in and get my grilling over with.” Kara said as she smiled and said. “Sweet dreams Josh, see you in the morning,” She then yelled “WITH CARLY BRIGHT AND EARLY!”

 

JC smiled and walked away back to his room and smiled. He saw Lance siting there as he went to his part of the suite. “Good night JC.”

 

“Yeah.” he said

 

“and dinner.” lance asked.

 

“it was nice, food was good, club was great, it was a very nice night out with my girl.” JC said as he cringed after saying that.

 

Lance smiled as he said, “Bout dam time brother. And you guys are great for each other.”

 

JC was bout to say something when his phone went off... he smiled at the text.

 

thank you for putting the smile on Kara's Face...now keep it that way young man!! ;) “

 

JC smiled as he said good night to lance and replied to Carly.

 

Well thank Kara for putting one on my face....see you for Breakfast tomorrow young lady :)”

 

 

 

True to JC's word, he was at Kara and Carly's door at 9am. They all went down to breakfast together and joined the group for some food.

 

Carly watched the two of them the entire next day and smiled as she saw Kara let loose and become herself again. She sighed as she ran across the street from the hotel to the photo shop to pick up her photos she developed. She then got in the car and was on her way to the venue with the crew. She got a moment to start looking at pictures she had taken two weeks ago. There were ones she took of Kara at work, some of her friends at school, one of Bri, and her parents, she made a few copies of this one to give to them and to keep one herself. She had tons of the first show in Jackson, MS. She then saw the one she took the night she got her new camera.

 

It was Kara and JC sitting at the picnic table at Joey's and they were just sitting there talking, but Carly captured the romance right then and there. She saw how Kara smiled to him and how he smiled back at her and how they were just happy. Carly saw Chris come over and smiled.

 

Chris smiled as she saw her with her latest batch of photos. “These the newest set sweets.”

 

“Yeah, you want to look?” Carly offered them all over.

 

Chris smiled as he looked at the true art that Carly had created with her camera, he laughed as he saw the goofy shot she got during their first show. He smiled as he saw the pictures and said, “you have a real talent.”

 

“You really think so?” Carly said.

 

“Hell yeah sweets, you capture it all in a shot.” Chris said then saw one of the copies of JC and Kara. She saw which one he smiled at and said, “that's my favorite of them so far. I am putting that in my Portfolio for school.”

 

“I love how it looks. Very Journalistic. You have a great talent kid.” Chris then said, “how about you have a summer job while on the road with us.”

 

This of course sparked Carly's attention. “What do you mean?”

 

“What if you did behind the scene pictures for our tour. You could use them in your portfolio for the paper, as well as we could use them for the website, facebook, and what not. We all love your work.” Chris said to her.

 

Carly smiled as she said, “I would love to.”

 

Chris added, “We would need the okay from Kara, and I already did what I needed to with Johnny and he was more than all for it being he saw all the pictures you took in Kara's office, he was shocked a 16 year old took them not a professional.”

 

Carly huffed, “Not a professional? I am better then most professionals....well except ansel Adams I want to get to that point with the landscapes. I love his work.”

 

Chris laughed as he saw Kara walk into the break room he went right for the kill, “Hey Kara, I have a job op for Carly this summer>”

 

Kara sighed, “No Chris, she is not going to be your personal assistant. She's too young and it would be labor law violations. She's nobody's assistant other then mine because she's my kid...well sort of>”

 

Chris laughed as Carly rolled her eyes, “Well being how I would love to do that, she's not my type and it's not what I wad offering her.” he went on as Kara looked at him. “We all love how Carly's photos look and since she's dong her photo journal this summer, why not help us out and do the pictures for our website, as well as her journal and I have a feeling we can cover all of her expenses for he equipment to her pictures being developed. Plus a little incentive cash too. “

 

Kara looked at Carly as she looked so hopeful. Carly was going to find a summer job if they didn't take this tour and this would be a bonus for Carly as well as herself. “I have no problem but she needs to have Johnny's approval/”

 

“Done,” Chris said as he saw Carly jump up and down and smile. “Welcome to being a part of the tour Carly Evans.”

 

“Thank you Uncle Chris.” She said and gave him a hug.

 

Kara smiled as she saw his face with the name Carly gave him. She then mouthed the words “Thank You”

Chris smiled as he hugged her back. It was nice to make someones wishes and dreams come true.

 

Kara then saw the picture that Carly had taken of JC and her from a few weeks back and saw that she wrote on the back of it,

 

“The day they fell...My mom and her boyfriend JC”

 

Kara looked as the door opened and she saw JC and the other guys walk into the break room. JC looked over to her and gave her a wink with a half smile as he went back to his conversation with Joey and Justin. Kara looked at the picture again and smiled.

 

Huh...Maybe this kid knows something I don't know.

 

Only time will tell.

Chapter End Notes:

sorry it's a short chapter.....i am gettig a block again...although seven will bring some good things to the story.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc