Author's Chapter Notes:

i am sorry i had a hard time getting on my computer here and work has been hell..but here it is the next chapter....it's most likely a builder for good things to come for the two lovers....could the next chapter be wehere they finally....you know....you never know...enjoy

 

Carly laughed as she walked into the back of the bus seeing Kara. She walked to the front and was laughing as she took her camera and saw JC looking at her.

 

“What is so funny Ms. Evans?” JC finally asked. Kelly, Joey and Bri all looked up and said the same thing.

 

“Oh you are gonna want to see this.'” Carly said as she lead him to the back of the bus. She opened the door and showed him.

 

JC had to admit the sight in front of him was funny. Here was Kara on the floor with her laptop on one of the couches and her head back and mouth open snoring lightly...papers on her stomach that was exposed with her tank riding up a little.

 

Carly started snapping pictures and was laughing too hard to continue. “Oh man this is the best picture of her by far.”

 

“Car, Kara's gonna have your head I you even think to show that pic off.” Joey said even if he too was laughing at the sight in front of him.

 

JC laughed as he bent down to her and brushed her hair out of her face. That must have worked cus she jumped to life.

 

Kara looked up to Carly and the guys as she started cleaning up the mess she had made and was rambling, “How long was I.....I am sorry bout the mess, you guys want the room to play games I will finish, “ She was cut off by a soft finger going to her lips and his blue eyes looking into her blue/green eyes.

 

“We just thought it was too cute how you were dead asleep in here. You must have been working on something and got tired and fell asleep right where you were working.” JC said helping her up.

 

Kara stretched as she looked at him, “Yeah I was up all last night on the road went to bed in my bunk at like 5 am and got up at 8 am to finish. As you can see its now,' she looked at her watch. “9:45 and I am officially done with your reservations and getting all cleared up for the next two days.” Kara said feeling accomplished.

 

“Excuse me, cleared up for two days, what the hell.” Joey said as he saw her put her laptop away and saw the smile on her face.

 

“Well we are having a meeting with the rest of the crew and guys as soon as we get to the next venue in New Orleans in, HEY TOM HOW MUCH LONGER!” Kara yells

 

“30 minutes Ms. Kara.” he answered.

 

“See you both,” Carly said pointing to the two of them and continued, “Will find out then, and don't try to get it out of her JC, she's as stubborn as a mule when she wants to keep a secret,” Carly said as she sat down on the couch and looked out the window.

JC laughed as he watched the woman he has gotten to know in the past month, was sitting in the front on the phone. There was no lie she was a worker first. She had everyone's wishes...even the girls down and ready when the arrived in all the hotels. She had the toy room figured out. She was the first one up in the morning with itineraries in her hand passing them out and then having a power meeting over breakfast to make sure everyone knew where to be and at what time.

 

When Kara wasn't planning stays at hotels, she was at the store getting personal items for anyone and everyone. She was good...no she was phenomenal at her job.

 

One thing JC had planned, and hoped that it didn't backfire was a date with Kara while in New Orleans. He wanted to take her on a date. A real date. He got Joey and the guys all for it as well as Carly. He thought Carly would be the hardest and she was the easiest to convince on this one.

 

“So, ready to ask her on a real date Chasez?” Carly asked.

 

“Actually....I feel like I am back in high school.” JC admitted.

 

Carly looked at him as if he had six heads then said, “You are kidding right?” she saw the look on his face then said, “Ugh like I told her, you need to calm down. We have been on these dam buses for over a week now and the way you both dance around each other and your feelings is making us want to lock you in a room and have you to just....well I can't think like that cus she's my mother.” Carly said

 

JC laughed as he heard the 16 year old talk like she did. He then asked, “should I ask now or late?”

 

“As only Kara can say,” Carly said as she got up and went to her bunk to grab her things, “Do what is right now rather than waiting til later.”

 

JC smiled as he walked to the front of the bus and sat in front of Kara. He smiled at her as she put her finger up as she was finishing up an email

 

Kara looked to JC as she finished her email., “Yes, JC what can I help you with.”

 

“Nothing, I was just wondering what you were up to tonight?” he asked.

 

“Not much, I was going to get to the hotel and just sleep for a bit then go out tonight.” Kara said

 

“Well if you'd like,” JC said as he knew this was his moment. He went on, “I wanted to know if you'd like to go on a date tonight.”

 

Kara knew this was coming for a while now. She felt it since their lunch two weeks ago and how they have been dancing around this moment. She smiled as she decided to have fun, “A date?”

 

“Yes, a date.” JC said

 

Kara looked at him, “I didn't know that Justin wanted to date me, I am too old for him.” she said as she saw his face fall a half a step she had to recover, “JC I am just joking, I would love to go on a date with you, that is if I am going out with you tonight?” she asked.

 

JC smiled as he said, “Well I was gonna set you up with Chris, but his girlfriend would have killed me, so yes I would like to take you out, just the two of us.”

 

“What time do I need to be ready?” Kara asked.

 

“Well I was going to make reservations for 8pm if that is okay. I don't think we have anything tomorrow do we?” he asked

 

Kara smiled, “No you are free til Sunday for the concert here, I made sure of no interviews til then and then the show and the talk show Monday morning.”

 

The bus pulled up to the hotel as Kara got up and went to grab her bag, and the folder that had “NEW ORLEANS,” written on it. She looked back to JC and kissed him on the cheek and said, “See you in the lobby at 8” and she walked off.

 

As Kara walked off she texted Kelly with, “911 I need to shop asap I have a date with JC and I have nothing to wear!”

 

 

:::::::::::::::::::::LATER THAT NIGHT::::::::::::::::::

 

 

Kara stood at the mirror in the hotel and began to apply her makeup. It only took her three hours more than she wished to find an outfit for tonight. She wanted to run to the mall down the road get an outfit and be back to relax the ENTIRE afternoon. That was not Kelly, Bre or even Carly's method.

 

They dragged her to every store in the mall, trying on outfit after outfit, countless dresses, til they found the one. Well, more than one, Kara caved and bought six new dresses. All fun outfits that showed Kara's sweet and sexy side. Something that she kept hidden for too long. She smiled as she got each dress and was happy to have a friend and daughter (well stepdaughter) eager to shop with her.

 

Kara just finished putting on her mascara and was bout to put on her lip gloss when she saw Carly in the doorway of the bathroom. She saw her face slowly smile at her. “What's up Carly?”

 

“Kar, you look really pretty tonight....no better than that....you look amazing.” Carly said as she looked at Kara.

 

Kara looked and smiled again. She wore a chocolate brown halter style dress that was form fitting to the waist then flowed out. The back was completely bare as the only thing holding it up was the clip of the top part of the dress. She pulled her hair up in after curling it to give it some body. She then finished her outfit with chandelier earrings with pink rhinestones, and a matching necklace.

 

“I don't know bout amazing but it's been a long time since I did this ya know.” Kara said as she heard the connecting door open and saw Joey and Kelly walk in, “God I feel like I am Carly's age going out on my first date.” Kara said as she saw them stop dead in their tracks.

 

“WOW, Kara, you look stunning.” Kelly said as she went to her and made her turn around. She then continued, “Who's pick was this?”

 

“Yours, oh good friend, you said this would be perfect.” Kara said then said, “and you were right I do think it's perfect.”

 

“Kara I love it, you look great doesn't she Joe?” Kelly turned back and saw Joey just standing there, with his jaw dropped open she smacked him upside the head to get him awake, “you are such a guy.”

 

“WHAT! I am used to seeing Kara, look sweet and cute, not sweet and sexy.” Joey said as he heard his cell phone go off.

 

“Talk to me....yeah she's ready....how does she look?....you will find out as soon as you see her....yeah I will tell her....got it....o-okay.....later.” Joey said as he looked to Kara who was putting on her shoes. He spoke to her and said, “That was JC, he said to meet him down in the lobby.”

 

Kara smiled as she grabbed her bag and a key for the room. “Carly don't go anywhere off the hotel grounds, without texting me unless you are with these two. Yes if you want you can crash with Bre....and if you follow my rules Kelly, Joe and I have a surprise for the two of you.”

 

“What's that?” Carly asked almost bouncing like a giddy lil girl.

 

“You will find out tonight, or tomorrow depending on when I find out the truth.” Kara gave herself another once over as she then left and said, “Have a good night.”

 

 

 

JC sat in a chair in the lobby as he waited patiently for Kara. He heard Mike, his body guard laugh. And looked at him, “What?”

 

Mike stopped as he said, “C man, you need to calm down, its Kara, I know you got a thing for her but you need to relax.”

 

“Mike man Carly told me this is her first date in six months, and I care bout her I want it to be as perfect as it can be.' He said as he then saw Justin walk in to the hotel with Lance, “Just great!”

 

“What's up C, Kara forget something and you are down here waiting.” Justin said/

 

“Sadly no, I was having her meet me here so she didn't get embarrassed by you guys but that thought is shot to shit.” JC said.

 

“Sorry, I will get out of your way so....whoa.” Justin said as he saw Kara step off the elevator and walk towards the two of them.

 

JC turned around and saw what Justin was looking at. Kara looked amazing. He had to shake his head as she walked to him, he then said all he could say at that time, “Hey.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “Hey yourself.” she then saw Justin as he kept looking at her “Hey Justin, here take a picture it will last longer.”

 

Justin snapped out of it and said, 'I'm gonna go, have...uh yeah Kara you look. WOW” he said as he walked away.

 

JC finally got to look her over as he did have to admit, she looked stunning. 'You look, stunning.” JC said to her.

 

Kara blushed a little bit and said to him, “You look good too.” She liked how he could always dress and make it look as if it wasn't hat hard to do. He was in a pair of black slacks and a ivory linen button down shirt with a black sleeveless tee underneath it. She smiled and said, “i take it back you look very good.”

 

 

 

The date was going smoothly. JC kept apologizing for having to drag big Mike with them and she had to on many occasions tell him it was fine, he stayed a good 15 feet away from them so it wasn't that bad to have him there.

 

JC took a chance and took Kara to a sushi restaurant. Turned out it was a hit as Kara loved sushi. They ordered things that they could share and just enjoyed the night together. JC learned what Kara liked and didn't like, what kind of child she was growing up and just got to know her. He started to realize that they had a good amount in common.

 

Kara smiled and laughed the whole time they were on their date. She smiled as they walked into the VIP section of the dance club JC got recommended to. It wasn't like the places they would usually go to and she liked that, this was a mixture of all music. From hip-hop which she didn't care for to even yes pop music. Kara sat with JC as he put an arm around her shoulder and felt the fire that she knew was building between them for the past few weeks become a little more ignited. Looked to him as she then heard the next song the DJ played.

 

JC smiled as he saw the look in her eye as she wanted to dance, “Let's go. , I didn't bring you here to sit and do nothing, I wanna dance with you.”

 

Kara got a little nervous as she said, “I am warning you Josh, I am not that good.” she said as they made their way to the dance floor.

 

“Relax, just feel my body with you and let it all go.” HE said into her hear as she took his word and began to feel the music. She started to sway to the rhythm with him and looked into his eyes as he smiled and said, “that's it Kara, show me what you got.”

 

Kara kept dancing for the next hour and didn't realize it as she was having a blast. She then was about to walk away when she heard a slow song come on. She felt JC tug her hand and said, “Dance this one with me.”

 

Yeah ummm... yeah. I've gotten close so many times
Tryin to fit in I don't know why
I had to leave behind a dream that could be mine
I thought that I would never find
Someone who's heart could read my mine
Now I don't have to hide cuz you are in my life

I promise you that love won't be easy
I promise you there'll be times apart (apart)
But I swear that it comes from my heart
When I promise you're the only one for me
(for me.. yeah)

 

 

Kara rested her head on his chest as they started to sway to the music. Kara closed her eyes as she listened to the song and felt JC's arms tighten around her.

 

JC looked down at Kara as she rested her head on her and she began to hum the song. He loved how she fit into his life. If he didn't know it before he knew now that he saw something here with Kara. He was starting to feel again.

 

He was starting to fall.


Sometimes I know it hard for you
Wondering if we'll make it through
But if you give me time
I'll show you that you're mine, I promise you

You showed me who I am, I know you understand
You taught me how to just not be afraid of love
I'm not afraid to look in your eyes
I surrender to love I open to nothing you anything inside

 

“Kara,” JC said into her ear as they continued to dance. She looked up into his eyes and he looked right into them. He loved her blue green eyes and how they told her story in a moment. He took a breath and said, “tell me I am not the only one here? I...I mean tell me that this is something worth going for?”

 

I promise you that love won't be easy
I promise you there'll be times apart (apart)
But I swear that it comes from my heart
When I promise you're the only one for me
(for me.. yeah)

 

 

Kara looked right into his eyes and smiled as she then pulled him in. She then took one look at his eyes as she then felt his lips on hers. She pulled away and said to him, “You aren't seeing things Josh, just give me time to get where you are.”

 

JC smiled as he right then and there cupped her face in his hands and bent down and gave her the slowest, sweetest kiss. It was a kiss that let Kara know that he knew what she meant and that she could trust him. Kara gripped on to JC as she felt the kiss go to her knees and made her go weak. For the first time in a very long time she started to let herself feel.

 

And it felt great.

 

Song credit: you're the only one for me” by: Allure

 

Chapter End Notes:
any ideas...i like the feed back


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc