(Ten years later)

“Mom where is my notebook?” Gabrielle asked as she walked into the kitchen.

“Right where you left it last night after your father told you to put it in your backpack, so you didn’t forget where you put it.” Kara said as she stood at the stove cooking breakfast.

Gabrielle smiled seeing it and then said, “Ops.” Then looked to her father and said,

“Okay you were right dad.”

JC smiled as he looked at his daughter and said, “Told you so, now go put it in your bag so you don’t forget about it again.”

Kara smiled as she saw the two of them interact with one another.  she finished cooking then said,

“Gabby got get your brother and tell him breakfast is ready.”

“Ok.”

To say a lot has changed in the past 10 years would be an understatement. 

After Gabrielle was born, the guys all found out that Kelly was pregnant with her second baby.  A daughter name Khloe.

Then Justin met Jessica and they had gotten married after a few years and he now had two children two boys, “Silas and Phinn.”

Chris met Karly, and they themselves had a son Nash, a spitfire like his daddy.  Karly and Kara became fast friends and Kara loved having her around to keep Chris grounded.

JC and Kara were surprised 6 years ago when Kara found out she was pregnant yet again.  She wasn’t trying to have another baby, neither was JC but one trip to Justin’s wedding in Italy got them all hot and heavy and before you knew it Kara was pregnant and had their now five-year-old son, Scott. 

Scott acted like his mother but was a spitting image of his father, dark hair blue eyes and the ever so cutest smile to boot. Total opposite of Gabrielle, who was now 10 and just like her father manner wise. She had JC’s eyes but Kara’s facial features.

“Mommy when is Carly getting here?” Scott asked as he sat at the kitchen table waiting for breakfast.

“I think,” just then the door opened and in walked the eldest child of the Chasez family,

“CARLY!!!!” Scot said as he jumped off his chair and went right to his oldest sister.

“Hey Scott, how are you doing little man?” Carly said as she and Johnathan walked into the kitchen.

“Good. Hi Johnathan.”  Scott said as he went to Johnathan and gave him a fast high five before going back to his seat.

“Hey sweetie.” JC said as he got up and hugged his now 27-year-old daughter.

“Good dad, we just got done with the planner.” Carly said as she sat at the breakfast table.

Yes. Carly and Johnathan were engaged.  They had been together since high school.  After a small little breakup for less than two months when they went to college, they found that they truly missed each other and just like that Johnathan transferred form University of Memphis and went to the University of Miami with Carly.  They lived together off campus and have been together ever since.

They moved into Kara’s first house she owned when they moved to Florida and on the day, they closed on the house they got engaged.  That was about 8 months ago. And they were planning an early fall wedding.

 

Breanne and Carly were never far from one another.  Well maybe for four years when Breanne was accepted into the Institute of Culinary Education in New York where she studied, pastry and cooking and now owned the top bakery in Orlando and another shop soon to be opening in Tampa.  

Breanne was now with one of the pastry chefs she met while in school and it was love at first site.  She was happy as well as she was moving to Lakeland between the two cities so she could keep an eye on both shops. Her baking skills were widely popular.  More so when she won the great American bake off for the Food Network.  They wanted her to create her own baking show but she declined being she didn’t want to be in front of the camera and was happier being in the kitchen making sweets and treats for everyone around her.  

Kara’s parents also decided to be come true Jersey retirees, as they bought a house between Carly, Kara and JC so they could be close.  They stayed down south from after Thanksgiving until the second or third week in April with frequent trips in the summer to spoil their grandchildren by going to Disney, and Universal. To boot they lived down the block from JC’s parents as well and the four of them had become close friends going on as Carly said “old people” trips.

The doorbell rang and Kara yelled, “It’s open!”

 “Good morning, Chasez family how is everyone today!”

“Uncle Chris! Nash!” Scott yelled as he saw his best friend in the whole world walk into the house. 

The two younger boys hugged and smiled as they both saw each other.

Kara and Karly smiled as they saw their two boys getting along so well.

“Just wait when they find out that Silas and Phin will be here soon too.” Karly said.

“What time are they getting in?” JC asked.

Kara not too far away from her planning for the guys looked and said, “Today by noon then we are all flying out to LA tomorrow to go to Lance and Michael’s to see the twins.”

“you have all those baby clothes for them?” JC asked

“I sent it two days ago so they will get to their house the same day we get there babe.” Kara said smiling.

JC looked at Kara not surprised and said, “The planner always a step ahead of everyone.”

“Well, we are not ahead as we need to finish up here and get ready being that the car service will be here in an hour to take us to the airport to get to LA.  So whoever needs to get dressed or cleaned up better be ready.” Kara said as she finished cleaning up from breakfast , looking at both JC and Scott.

“Let’s go little man, time to get ready for our flight.” JC said.

Scott looked at Nash and said, “I’ll be right back I need to be a good kid and get ready.”

Scott ran to JC and said, “Let’s go daddy!”

JC smiled as he got up and took his son up to get dressed and ready.

 

While upstairs Joey, and Khloe walked in.  “Morning all.”

“Hey Uncle Joe,” Carly said as she got up and hugged him.

“Hello Carly. I gotta say I loved your latest billboard shots. They look amazing” Joey said.

Carly was now a photographer working on many prestigious accounts.  She was signed to teen people for its duration and once they shut down, she was a photographer for People, as well as many other magazine companies.  Her true favorite work was doing photos for Travel and Leisure, allowing her to go to some pretty great places around the world.  She had traveled to Fiji, Milan, Paris, London, and Australia taking shots for places to go and visit.  She loved what she did and it showed.  She was about to release a book of the best places to travel from New York and around the world soon.  Her job did take her away more than both Kara and JC liked but she always came back home for important things like this trip.  She was asked by Lance and Michael to take shots of their babies to use in their house and she happily accepted this, free of charge of course.

Jonathan found his knack for broadcasting and his love of sports helped him become a sports broadcaster for ESPN letting him travel to Football and Baseball games, inviting Kara, Justin, and his families to World Series games, as well as the Super Bowl. 

“Hello Chasez, Kirkpatrick, Fatone families! The real party is here!” Justin said with, Jessica, and his two sons in tow.

JC walked down with Scott on his shoulders smiling and so happy to see his two best friends.

Kara smiled as she sat there seeing most of the gang together ready to go see Lance and Michael with their two beautiful new babies waiting to see the new family and bless them with the love that she as well as everyone has had in their hearts.

Standing back, Kara took a mental picture of everyone in her house.  Carly and Jonathan, Bre and her boyfriend, Khloe and Garbrielle, Scott, Nash, Silas and Phin,  Joey and Chris sitting with Karly talking about the latest things happening with Justin, Jessica and JC trading all stories of their children’s accomplishments and silly stories.

JC saw Kara standing there with a tear in her eye and a smile on her face.  He went to her.

“You okay sweetie?”

Kara smiled saying, “I am right where I want to be. And I couldn’t ask for anything more.”

JC pulled her close, embracing her with a hug and a kiss.  Saying  “See you will never be alone ever again.”

“I know and I love you and the life we have Josh. This is more than I wanted, but everything and more.”

JC smiled as held Kara to his side and said, “I love you too, and I couldn’t agree more.”

The End

Chapter End Notes:

This is it all. 

I hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as i enjoyed creating this.  

hopefully i will contiue to write more and thanks for reading! 


Completed
kb4jc is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Not Alone also liked 75 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc