Kara woke up feeling a little off.  She was achy and crabby and just not feeling like her normal self.

Looking down at her stomach she felt the baby kicking like normal, but it was really active.

“Hey little lady, you trying to tell me something?” she said as she laid in bed.

Again, the baby kicked and moved. Letting Kara know she’s there.

And that she was about ready to be born.

Rolling over she saw JC not in bed. She slowly got up and heard him in the shower.  Getting up she slowly went to the closet and got her clothes out she wanted to wear today.

Being she was uncomfortable she went with a simple long t shirt dress and her favorite long cardigan.  She put on a simple pair of her pregnancy underwear and a sprots bra.  She was not in the mood for a regular bra. She went to the bathroom and knocked to make sure it was safe to walk in.

She heard JC say it was open and Kara walked in.

Kara smiled as best she could as she walked in and went to the sink to finish getting ready for the day.

JC saw Kara and knew she had been uncomfortable the past few days. 

Per Dr. Covucci she was having early contractions, and this was the heads up to keep an eye being that the baby was due any week, day, or moment.  Kara stopped working in the office and was working from home as was JC, having the guys come over being that they were only a 20-minute ride to the hospital rather than being 45 minutes away in the office.  For ONCE Kara didn’t argue and fully agreed on this and this made JC totally happy about that.  

“How are you feeling today?” JC asked as he stood in the mirror and was finishing shaving.

Kara sighed as she said, “Really uncomfortable, achy, fat, swollen up, ready for this ‘little lady’ to be born.”

JC looked at Kara.  She never once complained so he was a little happy to hear her say she wasn’t feeling good.  He knew she was most likely in labor but didn’t want to complain, so she was most likely blowing off the pain and being uncomfortable. He knew his wife that well and was about to start timing her movements.

Kara finished getting ready and looked at JC.  “Sorry I don’t mean to be such a bitch if I sound like one I-” she was then cut off

“Baby, you are not being a bitch at all, I know you are not feeling that well at all, I cancelled my appointments for today, we are just going to sit downstairs watch anything you want all day, and I will cook dinner tonight, or order takeout whatever, you need to relax and just chill. Okay?” JC said as he kissed her cheek.

Kara looked at JC and for once didn’t argue, before she could say anything she felt a strong pain in her belly and grabbed it.

JC not missing a beat looked at her.  He saw how she started to do some breathing and knew this was it.  It was the start of Kara going into labor.  He grabbed his phone off the counter of the sink and timed the contraction.

As the contraction ended Kara looked at JC, knowing he was timing this. “How long?” She asked.

“45 seconds.” He said.  Then asked. “When was the first one?”

“Bout two hours ago.” She said.

JC smiled a little then said, “I am going to put the bag in the car after I get you set up in your chair downstairs.  I will make you some of your favorite tea and toast and we will just relax watching TV.

Kara smiled as she knew JC was keeping her calm while in his own mind was about to lose it. She kissed him and said. “Deal.”

And JC did just that, he set Kara up in the living room in her chair, got her the remote, made her tea and toast and while she was sitting there eating, he went back in their room and got “the bag” and placed it in the back of his car.

He then sent a group text to the everyone.

JC:  KEEP THE PHONES CLOSE ALL

JT: why

Carly: Seriously Justin

Joey: How is she feeling

JT: what is going on?

JC: she’s feeling crappy and just had a second contraction she’s in the living room having tea and toast.

L: Oh boy here we go

CK: JC how are you holding up.

JC: I’m good, Carly, I will call the school if we go to the hospital, they will excuse you from classes.

Carly: LOVE YOU DAD!

JT: what the hell is going on.

Carly: My mother is in LABOR you dingbat

JT: oh

JT: OH Crap I got 50 this baby takes till after midnight to be born and is 7 pounds even.

L:  I am in I say one am this morning 7lbs 8 oz and looks like her mamma, sounding like her dada.

Carly: before I get yelled at in class I’m with uncle Lance

Joey: I am with Justin

Chris: I am saying all but baby is 8 pounds and looks like the ugly daddy.

JC: thanks Chris. Guys I will keep you posted but no need to come over. 

JC: wait check that Joey is Kelly on duty tonight?

Joey: yep, I just texted her she’s getting Kara all registered. She told me to tell you if the contractions get to 10 minutes apart for 40 minutes head over.

JC: thanks man

 

Not to make Kara crazy he called her mom and dad to give them the news as well as his mother and father, sisters, and brother too.  JC’s mom was going to pick up Kara’s parents as soon as they got their flight info and allow them to stay at their house.

Joey called JC back and let him know that Kara’s sister, would be flying in tomorrow morning and will be staying with the boys at his house as to not bombard his with too many people but then was shot down as JC reminded him, they had the guest house as well as her sister could keep Carly company while he was in the hospital with Kara.

JC walked back into the living room and sat in his spot.   He saw that Kara finished her breakfast and got back up and put the dish in the dishwasher.

Kara sat in the living room and felt another contraction.  She kept an eye on the time and how long it lasted.  Just as she finished it, she saw JC walk back in.

“Had another one that was an hour and it lasted another 45 seconds.” Kara simply stated.

“How are you holding up?” JC said as he knelt in front of her grabbing her hand.

“Okay, for now.  Little scared, but ready for this.” Kara said.

This was it she knew either today or some point in the night their baby would be born.  Kara was feeling all sorts of emotions but smiled as she saw how JC took charge and was with her. 

The remainder of the morning they sat in the living room watching TV laughing and enjoying the time together.

Kara did call Dr Covucci and giver an update as to let her know that she was in labor and give all the information she was supposed to at the start.  The doctor told her what they already knew, once her water broke to get over to the hospital and go right to labor and delivery she will be there as soon as she got the call from the nurse on duty and would meet them there

Around one in the afternoon JC got up to get lunch together and Kara needed to pee.  Or so she thought.  She got to the downstairs bathroom looked down and saw that her water had broken.   The next second she felt a real strong contraction hit her.

“FUCK!” she said she stood in the bathroom seeing the puddle of water at her ankles and felt the pain hit her like a ton of bricks.

“Josh!” she yelled.

JC went to the bathroom and said, “What’s up.” He opened the door to see Kara standing at the sink and saw her knuckles go white as she gripped it with all her might.

Kara looked down after the contraction and said, “My water broke.”

JC took a breath helped Kara out.  He fast went up to their room to grab Kara a fresh pair of clothes as well as her second pair of slip-on shoes and helped her get dressed.

“Sorry baby.” Kara said as JC was helping her.

“What the hell are you sorry for.  You are in labor and apologizing for this? “

“Well,” Kara said embarrassed a little bit.

JC smiled at her then said, “Hey you did it in the bathroom, and if you didn’t it’s no big deal, it’s part of this happening.” He kissed her forehead and then said, “Let’s get to the hospital so our little lady can greet us with her presence”

The drive to the hospital went smoothly as Kara did her breathing as well as texted who she could to let them know it was time.  

 

::::::TWELVE HOURS LATER:::::

Kara finished another contraction as Dr Covucci walked in again. “How are we dong Kara.”

“This sucks!” Kara said as she felt another contraction hit.  She didn’t want to kill JC’s hand, but God bless this man as he sat near her holding her hand and helping her breathe.  He was a true coach helping her and keeping her calm.

The doctor laughed as she then said, “Well that’s good but I have some news.”

Kara looked at her as the doctor started talking, “the baby’s not reacting as well to you laboring as I thought and in the past 4 hours you haven’t dilated more than a centimeter.  I don’t want to push this any longer and I want to get her out, we are going to do a C-section to get her out.  I know this isn’t what you wanted but it’s what’s best for the baby and you right now.”

Kara looked to the doctor and then to Kelly then to JC with a look of worry on her face, “J-“she started but felt scared and nervous and worried.

“Kara it’s okay I will be with you the whole-time baby. I will not leave your side.” JC said knowing what was about to happen and was more than ready.

Kara took a deep breath and said, “Ok let’s do this.”

“Ok JC you need to change into the scrubs that are in the bathroom.  Once you are ready Kelly will come get you and bring you into the operating room right across the hall. “Kelly goes with Kara make sure she’s numb and ready I am going to scrub in, and we will have this baby within the next 45 minutes to hour.”

Kara looked to JC and said, “I will see you soon.”

Before he went to get changed, he kissed Kara on the lips and said, “I can’t wait to meet our little lady.”

“Me too.” Kara said as she was wheeled across the hall.

Kelly smiled as she prepped Kara up. “Deep breaths Kara you have done amazing this whole time.” She said as she got her ready.

Kara was so happy to have Kelly as her nurse to help as well as a best friend to be with her.  If JC couldn’t’ be there she was her second go to.  Kelly had a calming manner to her and knew how to keep Kara calm and relaxed this entire time.

 

Well, her and JC had a way to keep her calm and relaxed. They both had a way to just coach her and keep her calm and happy this entire time.

10 minutes later Kara was strapped down to the gurney feeling nothing from her waist down being that she had the epidural for the surgery.  She laid there as they got her prepped then heard and saw JC sitting above her head smiling down at her.  She smiled up as she saw his face.   He took her hand and held it as he saw the doctor walk in.

“How are you feeling Kara?” she asked.

“I can’t feel my legs if that’s what you are wondering.” Kara said,

“That’s what I want to hear. Okay time of start mark it 01:15” Dr started to cut. 

JC didn’t look up he just looked at Kara and saw a small worry on her face and started to sing.


When you need someone, When it's all gone wrong, You'll see that, I will be there for you always, When the lights go out, And the world breaks, And your heart aches, I will be there for you always... all of the days, Always”

“OK Kara you are going to feel some pressure just take deep breaths.” Dr said as she started to pull the baby out.

Kara did this and looked up into the mirror as she saw her baby girl coming out from her stomach. 

JC looked at the same time and for the first time ever he wasn’t grossed out.  He was amazed. 

Ten seconds later they hear the baby star screaming and crying. Kara had tears in her eyes as she heard the cries of their daughter.

“Congrats mom and dad here she is. Kelly picked the baby up to show fast then went with her to the scale and cleaning station to measure her.

JC cried tears of joy to see his daughter looking and sounding very healthy.

“Good size baby Kara, 8 Pounds 11 oz” Kelly said.

“Wow” Kara mumbled. 

In the next moment there was a loud beep.  Kara had been smiling and happy then then chaos started.

“Dr she’s bleeding out.” Dr Jacobs, the assistant on the job stated.

JC stood by the baby seeing what was happening and was in shock. He didn’t move.

“JC you need to leave right now I will be there in a moment; Kara will be fine.” Kelly stated as she pulled JC out of the operating room to right outside.

Kara laid there quiet and asleep.

JC left not sure what the hell just happened. He looked up and said, “God keep her safe and well, she’s my everything.”

 

Kara’s world

Kara walked around in a sea of white clouds looking down at her lifeless body on the operating table, seeing JC in shock as her daughter was there crying and being cared for by the other nurse that was in the operating room.

Kara was bleeding out a little more than the doctors expected due to the placenta being abrupted while in labor. It was common but it happened very suddenly as Kara watched.

In the distance she heard a voice.

“She’s beautiful Kara.” The voice said.

Kara looked to her right and saw him.

Kara’s eyes went wide.

“She has your eyes and smile. She’s going to be a knockout like her mommy is.” The person said as she stood next to her looking down.

Kara looked on as they doctors were working on her lifeless body.

“I need to get back down there; I am not ready to be here.” She said knowing where she was.

“I know, and you are not staying.   I wanted to tell you I am happy you found your happily forever after.” The person said.  He continued on, “He’s an amazing man and I am glad you and Carly have him in your life to care for you both.”

Kara looked and spoke, “Nate I am so sor-“ but was cut off.

“You have nothing to be sorry for, Kara.  If anyone is sorry it’s me.  I should’ve been to you what Josh, JC whatever the hell you call him is to you and will be to you. He’s exactly what you need in your life.  You are each other’s soulmate.  Point blank.  He loves you, Kara and that baby so much.  I wish I did that for you and I am in agony that I treated you like I did.”

Kara pulled Nate to her and said, “I do love you but, I love JC and the family I got with him now. He’s my whole everything right now.  He loves Carly so much and cares for her like I never imagined.  He’s what we both need for now and always.” Kara said

“I know, I just wanted to get you here to say I am watching but you have him as your soul mate and he will never upset, or hurt you,” Nate started to walk Kara back to her body to go back. “Best wishes beautiful” he said as he then turned around, “Oh and Bobbi won’t be a bother she moved to Paris to live with her new husband. You and Carly are now safe.  I made sure she can’t get back in either.”  I’ll keep my eye on you and remember I will watch from time to time, and I am sorry I didn’t give you what you needed but I found a person who can and will.

Just like that the spirit was gone and Kara went back to her body.

 

“I got a pulse she’s coming back.” Dr Jacobs said as he got the bleeding to stop.

Kara opened her eyes and saw Dr Covucci above her.

“Welcome back there Kara,” she said.

“wh-what the hell.” Kara asked

“You gave us a fast scare; you lost a little more blood than I expected and passed out for a good minute. You are good now as is your insides and the bleeding has stopped.  I am just closing you up so you can go to recovery and see and hold your daughter.” Dr Covucci said. As she continued to work on Kara.

“Where’s Josh.”  Kara asked

“He’s right outside. You will see him in recovery in about 10 minutes Kara.” Kelly said as she wiped a tear away from her eye.  

“Does he know I am okay?” Kara asked.

“Yeah, I just told him.  He’s literally right outside waiting to go across the hall with the baby. “Kelly said.

Kara breathed and looked to the sky and said, to herself, “thank you Nate.”

 

Twenty minutes later Kara was in the recovery room.  Waiting for JC to walk in.  Hearing the door open she saw JC. 

“Hey, can you please not do that again?” JC said as he sat down next to Kara.

Kara smiled as she looked at him, “I have to keep you on your toes every once in a while.”

JC shook his head then said, “I have been on my toes for the past three days with you honey. But the past 45 minutes you scared me to death.”

Kara smiled as she said, “I am sorry. I didn’t really plan for THAT to happen.”

JC bent down and kissed Kara slowly and said, “We have our little lady.”

“I know, how is she?” Kara asked

“Beautiful, like her mommy and sister.” JC said leaning in and kissing Kara softly. “I am so proud of you Kara.”

Kara looked at JC and said, “I am proud of you for not passing out.”

JC laughed at first then said, “I am proud of how strong and courageous you were this whole time.  You amaze me.”

Kara was about to say something but was cut off, “No, you get thrown any challenge and come out stronger every time. Today you amazed me with how you went through this crazy day and just…” JC stopped as he got choked up and had tears in his eyes, the then said “I love you so much Kara.”

Kara smiled and then got serious for a moment, “You know when I was um out?”

“Yeah?”

Kara took a deep breath, “I-I saw Nate, he was with me showing me you looking up and praying for me to be okay and then how beautiful our baby is and that he told me that he’s been watching out for me this whole time and that he’s happy I found you and that he was sorry for all he did.  I told him I needed to be here for you and our little lady and Carly.  He told me I am safe now and that he’s sorry for all he did. I forgave him and told him I was finally happy.”

JC smiled as he laced his fingers with hers and said, “You got your peace with him didn’t you”

Kara with tears in her eyes said, “Yes and I am so happy I did.  Because now I can live MY life and be truly whole heartily happy.”

JC cupped Kara’s face and gave her the sweetest kiss.  The kind that let her know that the two of them were meant to be together for ever and ever.

Just then Kelly wheeled in their baby. 

“Hello mommy and daddy, I would like to introduce you to someone.” Kelly said as she picked up the bundle of pink.

Kara looked while Kelly placed her baby in Kara’s arms.

Kara and JC looked and saw their ‘little lady’.  She was perfect in every way shape and form.

JC then looked and had tears in his eyes.  Here he was with his wife and daughter.  Something he thought he would never have and here it was.  His dream had come true.  He had all he wanted.

Kara smiled as she looked at her.  “Hello little lady, I am your mommy.” She then placed her lips to her daughter’s head and kissed it.

JC smiled as he bent down and kissed the baby’s forehead then went to Kara and said, “I love you so much Kara, but this little lady just stole my heart all over again.”

“Do we have a name for her yet?” Kelly said as she stood there.

JC looked to Kara. She shook her head as he looked to his daughter and said, “Gabrielle Marie Chasez”

Kelly smiled as she looked to the baby and said, “Well I for one want to say, ‘Welcome to the work Gabrielle, and I am sorry to say this, but I just lost 100 to my husband and 50 to the other guys.”

Kara and JC looked at her. “I bet the baby was 6 pounds. And would’ve been born at 11:59pm”

Kara chuckled as she saw the baby open her eyes again looking at her and JC and then said, “Hello Gabrielle, I am you mommy and here is your daddy.”

JC then took the baby from Kara’s arms and held her sitting there.  he was at a loss of words, so he did the one thing he could’ve thought of at that moment, he began to sing.

“In all of creation
All things great and small
You are the one that surpasses them all
More precious than
Any diamond or pearl
They broke the mold
When you came in this world
And I'm trying hard to figure out
Just how I ever did without
The warmth of your smile
The heart of a child
That's deep inside
Leaves me purified”

Kara watched on with tears of joy in her eyes and her heart full of love knowing she had everything she ever wanted in life.

A family of her own and the love of her life right there by her side.  At this moment she knew she knew what she had known all along but felt it all throughout her body and soul.

She was not alone.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc