Kara sighed as she got up from her desk to get ready.  It was a long day and she was in a mood, to say the least. 

She knew it was her hormones making her moody, so she was quiet all day.  She heard her phone go off and saw it was her mom.

“Hey mom.” She said as she sat back down.

“Hi honey how are you today.” Margret asked.

Kara sighed,  she couldn’t keep her emotions in check right now. “I don’t know mom I feel so out of it the past few days.”

Margret knew it was her hormones getting the best of her and be as it may, it was tough to deal being Kara was pregnant and emotional. Try as it might she had a few days and today was one of them

“Are you sleeping ok?” Margret asked

“Yeah, I just feel…off. Like I could bitte Josh’s head off or someone if they look at me the wrong way. I don’t like this. “Kara said.

Margret chuckled a little as she said, “Honey it’s your hormones being pregnant, realx it’s okay.  Have you had any comfort food at all.”

“What?”

“Comfort food, you know a meal that makes you happy and the baby as well?” Margret knew Kara was watching her diet very well and only had one or two “cheat meals” since being pregnant and was scared to eat what she wanted to. 

Kara said, “Not since New Year’s Day.  I just don’t want to gain,” Kara was then cut off.

“Kara, you are pregnant and from what I saw during the holidays, you look great.  You are not that fat at all you look so good.  You need to have a good old binge time.  Have the chocolate cake, peanut butter and fluff sandwich, fried chicken, Arby’s whatever.  You are allowed to be bad and enjoy some foods sweetie.” Margret said

Kara though about this for a moment.  Even Alicia was shocked she hadn’t had that many cheat meals and she was being good. Kara was having some stuff but only once or twice had a full on binge out and ate an entire half gallon of strawberry ice cream. She felt like a fat cow and that was the end of that binge being she thought she would be judged.

Margret then said, “when is your next doctor appointment.”

Kara said, “I have one in two weeks.”

Margret said, “Okay, you need to have a full-on food fest at least twice before then.  You need to enjoy this pregnancy and have the food you want.  You are safe I promise you this honey.”

Kara sighed. She knew her mom was right. “Okay I will try to do this tonight.”

“Don’t try, just do it,” Her mom stated, “Honey I got to go your father just walked in.

Margret hung up the phone and then without thought did a three-way call with Carly and JC.

They both answered on the second ring.

“Hey grandma, what’s up?” Carly said as she walked into the house.

“Not much honey how are you?” Margret asked.

“Good just got home from midterms, hi dad, I just got home.” Carly said as she walked into the house.

JC smiled as he heard this, “hey baby girl, how were your exams?”

“Okay I know I aced that math final, If I didn’t, I will go to the principal and raise fucking hell.” Carly said.

“Carly Ann, language.” Margret said.

“Oops, sorry Grandma.” Carly said. Hearing JC laugh in the background.  He knew she cursed every now and then and was okay with it but knew Margret was a somewhat old fashioned.

“Mhm.” Margret said,

“What’s going on mom what do you need?” JC asked as he walked back into the studio being he had a feeling this was bout Kara, and he was just on his way to check on her but decided against it being Margret was calling.

“I am worried about Kara; she seems a little upset lately.” Margret said.

JC knew what was going on and was about to call his mom and mother-in-law for help. He wanted to get Kara to relax a little but didn’t know a way to get her to.

“Yeah grandma, she’s just been stressing bout her diet and wants to well be bad but is so afraid of going off her diet.” Carly said.  She went on, “She cried the other night because she wanted one of Breanne’s Chocolate covered cupcakes but was scared of gaining the weight and hurting the baby.”

JC knew this was going on and he too felt as if she was “too careful” but also was afraid of telling Kara this being that she could easily go off and blow up in a moment.  He was thrilled that his mother-in-law was on their page and knew she needed to relax and lighten up and enjoy this pregnancy more.

“S-so how do I go about telling her to lighten up without getting my dam head ripped off?” JC said.

Margret laughed as she said, “I told her to relax, I let her know she’s in the safe zone to enjoy stuff once in a while,” She then said, “She better if not her father and I will be on the next flight stuffing food down her throat.”

JC took a breath and then came up with and idea as well. He then said, “thank you mom I appreciate the call. I have an idea.”

Margret smiled and said, “Anytime sweetheart. I will see you Sunday.”

JC smiled as he said, “Awesome, your flight gets in at what time?”

Carly said without a beat, “2pm and Grandma Karen and I are coming to get them.”

JC smiled as he hung up the phone and went back into the studio. He was getting an idea for tonight.

 

 

Later that night:

 

Kara finished folding the laundry and was sitting in the bedroom watching tv. She was avoiding downstairs since dinner being she was craving cookies with the chocolate shake that she wanted and to make but decided to wait another day or so. 

She knew she was making herself as well as everyone else nuts around her, but she wasn’t going to risk losing this baby over some silly cravings.  She was afraid of eating the wrong food or something too sugary causing her to get sick or worse, lose the baby.

Kara laughed as she felt the baby kick knowing she wanted food.  She looked down at her belly.

“Little lady, are you telling me you are hungry again?” she said as she felt the kick again. Sighing she got up form the bed and walked downstairs.  As she hit the landing of the stairs, she smelled Chocolate chip cookies and her mouth began to water.

When she got to the kitchen, she saw JC pulling out a dozen of homemade baked Chocolate chip cookies as well as seeing the potato chips on the counter. The baby sensing this started kicking as if she was a dog begging to eat.

Kara walked to the island in the kitchen sitting at the stool watching JC.

JC turned around with the plate of cookies and said, “Hello beautiful.”  He leaned in and kissed Kara as she sat there.

“Hey handsome.” Kara said watching him. She then said, “Those smell pretty good.”

JC looked at the cookies and said, “Yeah I wanted some but didn’t want to bother you to make them, so I decided to make them myself.” He said as he took a cookie and broke it in half eating part of it.

Kara watched him as he enjoyed the cookie feeling the baby kick her. she smiled as she said, “Good?”

JC smiled knowing he got her.  This was her weak spot.  Home made chocolate chip cookies.  He knew she would crack and have them if he did this, but he needed to make it count.

“Eh, I think they’re okay.  Here have one and tell me what you think.” He handed her one cookie.

Kara took it and a bite.  It was the best thing she ever eaten in a while.  “Dam honey, you made these?”

JC smiled as he said, “Yep, followed your recipe you taught me that first weekend here.” He gave her another one seeing her belly move knowing his “little lady” was enjoying them as well.

Kara smiled as she decided to finally “let go” she went to the fridge and got out some chocolate milk with a glass.  She then went to the pantry got the peanut butter out and a spoon and started making a peanut butter, chocolate chip cookie sandwich.

As she started making her sandwich she felt as if she was being watched and looked up.   She saw JC looking at her and she instantly stopped. “you’re right I should-“ but was cut off.

“No! YOU need to enjoy this.“ JC said getting her a plate watching her.  He saw she was about to go off on him but stopped her.

“I know the hormonal part of you is going to unleash herself, but I’ve got to say this.” he said as she watched Kara. He took a breath and kept going.

“You have watched yourself like a hawk for the past 7 months, I know you are scared about losing this baby and something going wrong, but you need to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.”

Kara looked at JC and said, “I am enjoying this time right now-”

JC looked at her and then said what he needed to say. “You have but then again you get so scared about any little thing.  You watch what you eat like a hawk, and I know for a fact you aren’t having the foods you want because if you did, you’d be relaxed a little bit more.” He saw her about to start up but cut her off.  “I know you are dead scared of something going wrong, and I know why.” He went in front of her and looked at her.

Kara had tears in her eyes and said, “I am scared, I don’t want to fuck this up and I’ve been having nightmares thinking something will go wrong, and that you will le-“she stopped as she finally let out what was scaring her.

JC looked at her and shook his head.  He then started to sing, “We both have some reservations, couple fears couple doubts, we both burn with complications, but these just need to be put out, the insecurities can scream like thunder, but I’ll hold you close to me and then somehow,”

Kara looked at him and sang with him, “We’ll tear them down, and build some love,” They finished singing and by the end Kara’s fears were all at ease. 

Kara smiled as she was pulled back into his arms in a long hug. The kind that Kara needed it was a secure feeling that she knew was there but was afraid to tell him his fears.  She should’ve known by now JC wasn’t Nate, he was her partner and here for the long haul. Hell he was with her…FOR LIFE.

Pulling back, he went to her lips and kissed her softly and sweetly.  Letting her know he was there no matter what happened, and he was not going anywhere.

“Feel better now?” He asked

Kara sniffled and shook her head, she pulled way as the tears were still falling from her face, she looked at him as if she was a scared animal, he smiled as he took his thumbs and started to dry her eyes. He then said, “I am not going anywhere, I promised you that three times and I promise you that here and now.  I am here forever.”

 

 

Carly heard this and smiled as she stood in the doorway. She took a picture of the embrace texting both grandmothers,

Carly: “Dad got to the bottom of this, and all is well…love you guys and we will see you this coming weekend! <3”

Grandma K: good I’m glad she’s relaxing now

Grandma M: hug your dad and say I love him and thank you!

Carly went to the kitchen saying, “are there enough cookies for a PMSing 17-year-old”

JC looked and smiled as he said, “Welcome to the comfort food café, may I take your order.”

Carly laughed she said, “Chocolate chip cookies, and a chocolate milkshake if it’s not too much dad.”

JC smiled as he got the blender out and the ingredients out to make three milk shakes. He looked to Kara’s belly and said, “Little lady you want a Chocolate milkshake too?”

The baby kicked and JC laughed, “I will take it as a yes.”

Just then Breanne, Joey and Kelly walked in seeing the junk food out.

Kelly laughed as she said, “If you are making milkshakes make three more.”

“Coming up!” JC said as he started making a night full of snacks and craving foods.

“Aunt Kara I made some Carrot cake cupcakes if the little lady would like some.” Breanne said bringing her baking over and went to the baby’s stomach and felt it kick a little.

 He smiled as he saw Kara finally let go and enjoy the pregnancy and let the Kara he knew start to come back out.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc