Author's Chapter Notes:

two chapters in a week shocker i know =)

 

JC smiled as he watched Kara and Carly getting food ready for Christmas eve dinner.  Watching Kara cook the turkey and Ham and Carly making the trimmings for dinner tonight.  Kara was literally glowing at 7 months pregnant. She looked absolutely classy and cute in her holiday attire which was a simple red, black dress with a Santa jacket and Santa hat she bought while at the store getting things for dinner.

Carly was adorable in her cranberry-colored shirt with black dress slacks and on top of her head she wore a reindeer headband and for giggles she had a red nose to wear to make her look like Rudolph.

JC smiled at his now official family.

Yes, it was finalized as of the 20th of December and it was the most wonderful day. He got the official signed and sealed letter from the state claiming Carly to now be known as Carly Chasez.  He got the letter and went to a framing store to have it framed as well as to Tiffany’s to pick up Carly’s Christmas presents.

First was a white gold necklace with her birthstone which was Peridot as well as the birthstone for December which is Blue Zircon as to show the month the adoption was finalized.

Second was a simple white gold stars bracelet with a moon charm at the end.  In it he put a note reach for the moon if you miss you will always catch a star.   Love Dad.

Of course, he got Kara a pair of diamond earrings too but her gift would be revealed later that night when all the family was together.

JC got up from his spot in the kitchen and went to the living room to grab the letter he had wrapped in a box with the necklace he got for Carly.  He wanted to give this to her before everyone got to the house.

JC smiled as he saw Carly and Kara finishing setting the table.

Kara saw JC walk in and that he had “the gift” in his hands.  She knew about the letter being she got a call from him when he got it but didn’t fully know about the necklace, he got for her.  She smiled as he gave a nod to her, letting her know he wanted to do this now before the family got there.

“Carly can you come with me sweetie.” JC said.

Carly looked at him as she placed the last fork on the table looked at JC, “sure.”

Carly followed JC, with Kara waddling in tow into the living room.

JC took a breath and then started, “I got you an early Christmas present and I wanted to give it to you tonight.”

Carly smiled as she said, “Aw dad thanks.”  Carly saw the bag and the envelope with it. She opened the letter first and read it. Tears sprang to her eyes as she saw what the letter stated along with the Certificate of adoption showing her name reading now “Carly Chasez”

It was official she was now adopted and not only Kara but JC was now her parent as well. Her Christmas wish came true.  She then went to JC and gave him a hug.

JC smiled as he wrapped his arms around Carly and said, “I love you, my daughter.”

“I love you to dad,” Carly said.

JC pulled away and said, “open the other gift.”

Calry opened the Tiffany’s bag and saw the necklace box. She gasped and a fresh batch of tears came to her eyes.

JC was nervous as he went to Carly, “Do you like it?”

Carly smiled and said, “I love it, but what’s the other stone for.”

JC smile as he took the necklace and put it on Carly. He then explained, “I got your birthstone for your real birthday and the other stone is the day you were adopted as my daughter.” 

Carly saw in the mirror near the Christmas tree as JC put the necklace on her and she looked down at the stones and smiled.  “I love this so much dad, but I love you even more.” As she hugged JC

Kara smiled as she saw Carly’s camera and took a few pictures of this special moment.  She had tears of joy in her eyes as she finished. And went to Carly and gave her a hug. 

“Can we frame this I have the frame I bought for this moment in my room.” Carly said

JC smiled and shook his head yes.

Carly was back in a flash as she took the letter and placed it in the picture frame.  She set it on the fireplace mantle next to the picture of her and JC that was taken during her birthday party back during the summer.  

Kara went to JC and hugged him as best she could with her belly.  She laughed as she felt the baby kick right then.

JC smiled as he felt it too and said, “Little lady we know you are here too, but this is your sister’s special moment, yours will be here soon too.” He kissed Karas stomach and then kissed Kara ever so sweetly.

 

The family arrived and the house was full of happiness, fun times, and good food. JC’s and Kara’s parents had a great time opening gifts with one another as well as eating and sitting around the house enjoying the music and times spent.

Kara sat back and loved every moment.  She smiled at how the family reacted to the present Carly received to all the presents that were given to the families.  She smiled as she saw how JC was sitting with the kids all around him as he read a Christmas Carol as he worked on this now being his “thing” to do for his nephews and now his soon to be daughter who was coming in a few short months.

 

Later that night as everyone went off to their places, hotels, and homes they were staying at. 

Kara’s parents went to the suite that JC paid for as a Christmas gift to Kara’s mom along with a golf package for her dad (along with Justin, Joe and joe’s dad) as well as a spa day the day after Christmas with his mother and their sisters, Carly, Bre and Kelly. Kara was going but not getting any treatments due to her pregnancy, she knew this and was totally okay with this.

JC smiled as he got to put his guest house to use with Kara’s sister and her family. The boys were surprised to see a Christmas tree in there with stockings with their names on them as well as new pj’s to sleep in courtesy of Uncle Josh.

“Good night boys.” Kara said as she walked out and back to the house.  She stopped and looked up into the night sky to see the stars in the sky.  She sat down on the swing near the back door and looked up seeing the beauty of the night. 

JC saw Kara sitting on the swing and saw her looking up to the sky that was full of stars.  He grabbed a blanket and went out near her.

“Hey beautiful.” He said seeing her look up at the stars

Kara smiled as she saw him come close and cover her with the blanket. “Hey babe.”

 

JC looked at the stars as he saw them with Kara, “Penny for your thoughts”

“Just saying a prayer to god and saying thank you for what he has given me and saying to keep watching over me and my loved ones.” Kara said smiling at JC

JC smiled and kissed her temple as he held Kara close. He knew no words needed to be said.  He was feeling the same things Kara was feeling.  He hummed a soft tune to Kara as they sat there for another few moments. Just enjoying the holiday spirit and love that was around them.

 

 

 

 

The next morning Kara woke up first as she always did every Christmas morning.  She got up and took a long shower smiling as she got ready for the day.  She felt the baby kick and smiled as she looked down at her stomach. “Merry Christmas little lady.” She said as she got dressed in her candy cane sweats as she knew she would wear today.

 

She went to the Kitchen and stood there thinking of a good breakfast to make for everyone today. She made her famous pot of coffee for her sister and everyone and went to her Keurig and made herself a cup of half calf coffee as she was instructed to have by as she now called him “doctor dad”

She made her coffee up and set it on the counter and got the ingredients out to make Chocolate Chip pancakes as well as the eggs and bacon and all the trimmings for a Christmas breakfast.

She heard the back door open and saw her sister walk in dressed but half awake.

“Merry Christmas.” Kara said as she saw her sister walk in.

“Merry Christmas Kara. She said as she went and saw the coffee on the table.

Kara reading her sister’s mind said, “It’s ready and waiting for you and your needs Tracey.”

Tracey went to the coffee made her cup, took a sip and smiled.  She then went to Kara’s stomach and touched it and said to they baby, “Your mommy is a smart person.” Just then the baby kicked as to say yeah I know.

Tracey’s eyes popped open as she felt this and smiled. She then saw Kara waddling around getting things to make for breakfast.  “Need help?” she asked as she sipped her coffee.

JC smiled as he saw Kara trying to make her breakfast and said, “Better yet let’s give her a break this morning and let her relax with her coffee as we cook for the kids and all”

Kara smiled as she saw JC walk in and smiled to him, he went to her lips and kissed her.  “Merry Christmas sweetie.” He said,

 

“Merry Christmas babe.” She kissed him again and then heard two little voices laugh from the doorway.

 

JC’s back was the boys as he heard this and laughed. “Hey, one of these days you two are gonna be kissing too and I will laugh when I catch you two.”

Mark made a face, “Ew girls are gross, well other than my mom and Auntie Kerri, they’re gross.”

“Yuck.” Adam said as he as any younger boy would do imitated his brother.

Kara laughed as she saw this and went to the boys and gave them fast hugs.

“Auntie Kerri?” Mark said,

“Yes honey?”

“Did Santa come here?”

Kara looked to her sister and JC as they gave her permission to let the boys go to the living room to see if he came. “I think so why don’t we go check and see and if he did we will open presents,” she heard the cheers but then cut them off “AFTER breakfast that your mom and Uncle JC are cooking.  Deal?”

The boys shook their heads up and down as each one took their Aunts hand and walked into the main living room where the tree was set up. 

Carly was awake and had her camera ready as she was watching the boys walk in with Kara and started taking pictures of the tree with the presents, and the boys walking in and the pure amazement and joy on their faces.  She caught both shocked faces and smiles and her Aunt Tracey as well as Uncle Mark small smiles to each other watching the scene unfold.  She also got a picture of Kara smiling with the boys and JC in the background smiling watching Kara with them.

Adam saw Carly come in and he said, “Merry Christmas Carly.”  He went up to her and gave her a hug as she walked down in her brand new elf pj’s she got the night before that happen to match the boy’s elf’s pjs as well.

“Merry Christmas Adam.”  She hugged him and he gave her a kiss on the cheek.

Not to miss this JC laughed as he just had this conversation with him in the kitchen not more than 10 minutes ago.

Adam looked at JC, blushed and said, “okay I forgo my cousin too.”

JC kept laughing and just went back to the kitchen and started cooking as older Mark, Carly and tye boys all help prepare breakfast. 

Little Mark went to Kara and said, “you get today off Aunt Kara, my mom and Uncle JC said so!”

Kara giggled as she said, “Ok sweetie.”

By the time breakfast was ready the family all showed up or was awake, smiling laughing and sitting at the dining room feasting on eggs, pancakes, cinnamon rolls made the night before by Bre, as well as juice coffee, mimosas for the ones that could drink, juice and all the wonderful food that JC and Tracey made for the morning.

Then came the fun, opening the presents, the boys went wild as they found out that they each got a brand new Nintendo Switches from Uncle JC and Aunt Kara with gift cards from Carly.  Along with the presents that Santa left for them overnight in the spare house as well as in the main house.  They were loving every minute of the holiday.

JC smiled as everyone got most of their presents. He was surprised that Kara got him new brand new studio equipment for his at home studio as well as a custom made acoustic guitar made by the Gibson factory.  He was amazed she knew what to get and it was designed with him in mind.  It was the most thoughtful gift he’s ever gotten.

“Well if you will come with me, your one present is up stairs.” JC said as he took Kara’s hand.

“Uh, dad, that should happen later tonight when we are all asleep.” Calry said.

JC let his head hang as he blushed and said, “Not THAT,” he said then under his breath said “smartass” he then led Kara to the door down the hall in the main floor that had a red and green bow that said To Kara, from Santa.

Kara looked at him confused. “What the,” she was cut off as he said open it.

Kara opened the door to show her work from home office finally done.  She had been using JC’s office or their bedroom since they moved in because of shipping delays and issues but it was finally done. Stepping in she saw the desk that was facing the door. It was the dark oak she saw in the store one day she wanted.  On the wall to the right was filing cabinets in the same wood finish and above that was pictures of her and her family as well as one of their wedding day.  The wall to the left held a book case with all her books as well as her pricing manuals that were duplicated and sent here so she didn’t have to cart all the manuals back and forth all the time.  With having the baby to bring all over, JC didn’t want her to have to worry about leaving something behind, so he made sure she had everything she needed from the office here.  Along with a top-of-the-line MacBook laptop all set up with every bell, whistle, and thing she needed from the office to her music she played downloaded.  And on the wall to the left of the door was a 60 inch flat screen tv all set with tv set up.

 

The best part was in the one corner of the room he set up a Rocker for her as well as a pack and play that had in light pink letters “little lady” on the edge of it.

“This can be moved if you want I left this here for our little lady in case she’s sick or we are down here and she needs a place to sleep and all that”

Kara smiled as she pulled JC to her and gave him a hug trying her best not to burst in to the wave of tears she was bout to let flow. “I love this baby thank you so much.”

“There’s one more thing, go look on your desk” JC said

Kara noticed the bag that said “HO HO HO” on the desk and went to open it.  Inside she saw a note that said, ‘Go to the garage’

“What did you,” Kara said as she walked to the garage and went out there.  she flicked on the light and saw a brand new Audi Q7 fully equipped. Black with dark grey leather interior.

This time Kara’s tears came pouring down as she cried tears of happiness.  She went to JC and gave him a big hug and whispered in his ear, “I don’t deserve all this.”

JC smiled as he said, “Yes you do baby, and it’s not all for you its for our little lady to. I want all my girls to be protected and safe.”

“Hey Uncle JC, why is there another car with a red bow on it too.” Adam asked as he saw a Kia Sportage in blue sitting next to the new Audi.

JC blushed as he looked to Kara who shook her head and let him give Carly the present.  He took the keys from his pocket and went to Carly smiling then said, “Merry Christmas baby girl, here’s your new car.”

Carly teared up for the millionth time in less than 24 hours. “OH MY GOD!” she said as she hugged JC and Kara close .

“Now there’s a few rules we need to establish, and we will do that after you pass your driver’s test next month.” He said as he held her close.

Carly shook her head as the tears yet again fell from her face.  She hugged JC close and said, “I love you dad.”

Kara enjoyed relaxing the rest of the holiday while her mother made her famous Christmas roast dinner in her kitchen as Kara tried to help but kept on getting kicked out of her own kitchen and told to relax and enjoy spending time with her family. Something that she was not used to doing.  She sat in her favorite chair watching ‘A Christmas Story’ with her nephews as well as countless holiday movies and enjoying just relaxing and being with the families. 

JC’s parents came over as well and JC’s mother gave Kara a day of beauty package for after the baby came just for her to go alone to the spa and be treated with a massage, manicure, pedicure as well as a few post pregnancy clothes for her to use for herself. 

As the day drew to a close Kara saw everyone off to where they were staying as JC kicked her out yet again from downstairs to go and relax and get ready for the night.

Kara went upstairs, took a warm shower and was drying off getting dressed and smiled as she saw JC walk into their room. She was just drying off looking at him from the mirror smiling at him.

JC smiled seeing Kara drying off in the bathroom glowing as only she could with her belly. 

In JC’s eyes she looked radiant and beautiful pregnant.  Ture Kara was feeling a little insecure during this time, feeling fat and ugly but in JC’s eyes she was the most beautiful woman in the world.  It was as if being pregnant was meant for Kara.  She carried their daughter with a pride and class that he had never seen before. 

JC came to Kara from behind and hugged her as she was looking in the mirror at her belly, He jugged her and said “How was your Christmas  sweetie?” Kissing her on the Cheek as she finished  asking her.

Kara smiled as she stood there and said,” This was the best one ever, but you didn’t have to get me all the things you did. I only need one thing from you and I think, well I am sure I have that from you.” She said turning around and looking up at him

JC looked down on her lost in what she said, “Huh?”

Kara smiled, took his hand and placed it on her heart.  She then placed her hand on his heart and said, “You gave me your heart, soul, and love.  That’s all I will ever need in this world.  We could be out of our Jobs tomorrow and working normal 9 to 5 jobs and I would still be happy with whatever we have because as long as we have one another, I don’t want or need anything else.  They are just things.  What I feel for you and the love I see you have for, Carly, Myself, and our “little lady” are all I need.  I love you so so much Josh.”

JC smiled as he heard this and smiled as he pulled Kara close to her and kissed her slowly and deeply.  Walking her to the bed. Laying her down looking down at her and saying. “The three of you are my whole world and, just so you know, I will always do what I want for you and not because you expect it but because you three deserve the world and I will walk to hell and back to give you whatever I can.”

That night after a few hours of deep lovemaking they fell asleep in each other’s arms with love in their hearts and nothing but hope and happiness in the future.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc