It had been two weeks since the whole fiasco with Bobbi.  Life went back to normal, and Carly was thankful for that.  She did go to school the next day and was bothered by a few students and had to retell the story over and over, and over again.  She didn’t really care because it made it easier for her to cope and deal with it rather than hold it in and keep what happened as her own personal thing.

She was thrilled to learn that she did get the lead photographer for the school paper. She was over the moon to get the spot and was lead layout designer with the editor in chief. Working on layouts and how the flow of the paper would be.  

She was picked up by Joey and Breanne today being that her mother and JC had a Doctors appointment.  A very important doctors’ appointment.

Today was the day they’d find out the sex of the baby.  Whether it was a boy and the guys were richer or if it was a girl and Justin was finally able to win a bet with all the guys.    As Calry went downstairs she saw a note with a sack lunch made for her which she smiled like.

 

Good morning Missy,

JC and I didn’t want to bother you being we are going to the office fast bc he has to drop demos and final notes off for the performance tomorrow and then to the doctor’s appointment. 

Now don’t worry we are having a gender reveal party at work after you and Bre get out of school which Kelly will pick you up from then bring you here and then we are going to the bridal shop to go for the final fitting of our dresses. 

Love you text me when Joey and Bre pick you up from school.

Love,

Mom

Then in his writing,

PS dad loves you baby girl!

 

Carly laughed as she got a pop tart, a banana, and a Snapple out of the fridge and started eating.  Just as she finished eating, she heard Joey honking.  She got her keys bags and left for school

“Good morning princess number two.”  Joey said

“Good morning Uncle Joey.” Carly said smiling she did a fist bump with him as well as her secret handshake with Bre and smiled sweetly with Bre to Joey.   He just shook his head as he drove them to school.

They made small talk and were still betting on who was going to win. Being around Joey and Bre was always a fun time and after the whole situation he came over a few times with Bre to make sure she was okay.  She loved him for that as well as the other guys too.

Once arriving to school Carly laughed as she saw a half-awake Justin dropping off Johnathan to school and she had to get a rib in on him before walking in the building.  Looking in her backpack she had a spare pack of pop tarts and went to the car knowing he’d be slightly offended but laugh all the same.

“Hey Justin, here I know you are worse than me with no food in the am and I can tell you didn’t eat by the grumpy look on your face.” Carly handed him the pop tarts and saw him look at her then shake his head and took a bite.

“Dam girl knows me as well as everyone else.”  He then said to stir the pot “Hey Carly, why don’t you give my money now I know that baby is a girl!” Justin said,

Just then Joey drove by him and said, “Boy you will never win. Hell, I bet you 50 you can’t beat me to the studio right now being you are dead tired.’

Just then Joey peeled out of the lot and took off to school.

Johnathan laughed as he looked at his brother and Joey racing up the block to the studio.

He looked to Carly and said, “And here I thought we were the kids.  Man was I wrong.”

Carly smiled and said, “No we are the kids, but they are the bigger kids.”  She Bre and Johnathan walked into school to get their day going.  Carly laughing at how Justin was acting as if he was going to win this bet.

 

 

Kara and JC sat in the examination room waiting for Dr. Covuci to show up.  Kara sighed as she noticed she gained another 3 pounds and was worried but then saw JC make a face saying it was for the baby and she still looked amazing.  The Dr took blood work a week ago and they were here for her third check up to see how things were moving as well as find out what they were having and more importantly, how the baby was doing.

JC sensed her nerves and took her hand. He smiled to her and asked, “Nervous?”

Kara looked at him and said, “a little, I just want to know this is gong well and that the baby is okay.”

JC smiled as he placed a hand on her little bump that was just starting to show and said, “Kara, I know everything is fine. You can tell you are pregnant now, well a little bit but it’s a good thing you are doing well. And I know you better than you think baby, if there was something wrong you’d be calling the doctor to find out what’s going on as soon as you could. “

Kara smiled as she heard JC reassure her. “Carly?” knowing that she said something to JC.  Being she never hid anything from him. At all!

JC smiled and said, “Yes. She told me the other night you were worried bout the two tests you had and said even thought he techs at the tests said it looked well you were still skeptical. “

Kara smiled then said, “And what is her take on this?”

“That you are comparing this to the first pregnancy, and you are scared but you need to enjoy this and know that you are not alone on this and you are well protected.” JC said kissing her forehead.

Just then the doctor walked in smiling at the two. “Okay, you two no hanky panky stuff here,” She said smiling

“Hey Alicia, how are you?” Kara said.

“I am good Kara, how are you feeling?”  she asked

“I feel pretty good, baby is getting a little bigger.” Kara said rubbing the protruding part of her stomach that was coming out.

Alicia not believing her, “And dad? Is she behaving and all and feeling good at home?”

JC smiled as he said, “Yes she’s been very good she sleeps well, and I don’t let her do anything too strenuous, and the morning sickness is only when she forgets to eat but she rarely does that now.”

Kara rolled her eyes giggling a little to herself.

“Good, well I can safely say you are in your second trimester and all your tests came back looking perfect Kara, you are doing wonderfully.”  Alicia said smiling and seeing Kara’s whole body and tension flow away from her.  Continuing she said to her, “ready to do the ultra sound?”

“Yep”. Kara laid back as the doctor got ready and set up. 

JC smiled as he sat next to Kara and took her hand right away smiling down at her.  she jumped a little as she felt the ultrasound gel go on her stomach. JC laughed at her as she did this. 

“What that crap is cold.” Kara said as she felt the scanner start being moved around her  little bump on her stomach.

“Okay here we go,” Alicia said as the picture of the baby came into view in front of all three of them.  She started to explain, “Here’s the head, looking good, size is looking good, the arm, you see the heart beat nice and strong.  At this point you are officially 4 months pregnant Kara and doing very well.  Now do you want to see if what this baby is gender wise or is this a gender reveal to be a secret.”

JC smiled as he said, “It’s a gender reveal part this afternoon at our job and Carly will shoot us if we don’t share this moment with her.

Alicia knowing the gender was invited this afternoon and knew the baby gender, and being she gave the slip to the baker she jus smiled. “Okay well you are doing great Kar, we will make an appointment for three weeks from today…get ready yow both will be able to feel the baby move soon.  Kar have you felt this?”

Kara smiled and said, “Yeah when im at my desk it moves but I can only feel lit not anyone else.”

JC smiled as he asked, “Will I be able to feel this on her soon?”

Alicia smiled as she said, “Might be as soon as tonight or some point this week. “she then smiled as Kara cleaned herself up got off the table and took the pictures that were saved for her and went to make her next appointment.

“I’ll see ya’ll in about an hour for the reveal party.”

“Let’s go back to work sweetie.” JC said as he and Kara walked out hand in hand to the car to go to work.

 

ONE hour later at the office.

Kara cracked up as she walked into the cafeteria in the office seeing Justin wear a shirt saying team girl and the others all wearing team? although they were all in on the bet.

Justin was dead set on this being a girl finally wining a bet on the other guys that he wanted it known.  The other guys rolled their eyes.

The “cake” was out sitting with a picture of the sonogram as well as cupcakes made by Breanne, who since starting school found a love for baking and was good at it too. It was nice to see Bre finding something she love to do.  

As for the “cake” Breanne didn’t’ want the secret to know about the gender of the baby.  She and Carly NEVER keep secrets from one another, and this would be out so fast it would make others heads spin.
 

And not far behind was Carly with her camera taking pictures of the event and smiling and laughing at everyone there.  she was planning on making a photo slideshow for Kara’s baby shower to play during the party as she wanted to have pictures from now and on their wedding day which was now three weeks away.   She was so excited for all that was happening she couldn’t wait.

“Okay all.” Kara said now being in the center of the room with her parents, JC and his parents as well as Carly, and on video calls her sister as well as Tyler and Heather, being they couldn’t get off work for the reveal. But some how they too were in on the bet.  Her sister and heather on Justin’s side and Tyler with everyone else.

“I just want to say thank you to everyone who took the time to show up to the reveal of our baby from near and far. This means so much to us and we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.” Kara said smiling.

Kara and JC took the knife that was on the table and looked to one another as they cut in to the cake.  They both looked at one another and so slowly pulled out the knife to see pink.  Kara laughed as she saw this and smiled. She and JC raised the knife and showed it to be pink.

Everyone smiled and cheered but no one louder than Justin as he did a back flip and ran around the room.

Smiling everyone who was on the bet gave Justin their money as did heather get money from Tyler and Tracy get money from her husband who thought it was a boy.  After he took the money from the people that he bet he went to Kara an handed her the winnings.

“This here is for my future Niece. Put this and this away for her college tuition.” Justin said handing JC an envelope with the winnings on top.

JC looked in the envelope and was moved to see Justin gave his other baby girl 10,000 dollars in us bonds.  “Thanks man, we will open an account for her once she arrives to keep this in.”

Carly smiled and took pictures of the whole thing smiling at how she was going to have a baby sister.  True she thought it was a boy but was so happy it was to be a girl as well.

 

Later that night Kara laid in bed with her phone at her belly playing some music to her stomach. It was classic baby lullabies as she hummed to it softly.

JC smiled as he walked in and saw Kara laying there.  He laid down near her and smiled listening to her hum and then finish as she took her phone and place it on the nightstand.

“Hey handsome.” She said smiling at him as they laid there. he kissed her then laid his head down on her stomach kissing her belly then laying his head there. 

JC took a breath and then said, “Hello little lady. This is your father speaking to you.”

Kara laughed as she heard him speaking to their daughter. She listened on as he spoke.

“Now I would call you baby girl but your sister is baby girl so you will be known as my little lady.” JC said as he talked to the baby. 

He continued on, “I want you to know you, your mom and your sister are the most important people in my life. And” JC looked to Kara as he then sang, “In all of creations great and small, your mom is the one who mastered this all…her love is precious just like a pearl, they broke the mold when she came in this world.”  He looked continued and sang, “and I’m trying hard to figure out, Just what I did with out, the warmth of her smile the heart to love her children, so deep inside keeps me purified.”

Just then the baby kicked, and JC felt it. His eyes going wide and amazed. “Holy hell that was amazing.”

Kara smiled at him as she said “that’s you inside of me Josh.”

JC smiled as he moved Kara’s night shirt up a little and kissed her bare belly. Then went to her face cupped it and kissed her slowly and lovingly.  

Carly walked by their room to say good night but saw JC speaking to Kara’s stomach and her new little sister and, as always had her camera on her and was able to get a zoomed in shot of JC speaking to the baby.  She took it saved it and would give this to him as a gift.


“Knocking she popper her head in and said, “Night guys!”  then she herself went to Kara’s stomach and said, “Night ill sis. Love you!”

Carly went to her room and thought to herself how psyched she was for three weeks from now.  Kara and JC will be married, and Carly would have a family all over again.

Life was looking good.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc