Author's Chapter Notes:

before you start i want to say it's a total honor and shock to be a featured story on this site. Gives me all the feels..so from the bottom of my heard, THANK YOU!

Later that afternoon they all got home; Carly smiled as she walked in.  To her surprise there was a huge bouquet of yellow, and pink roses in a vase on the table. Next to a Winne the Pooh stuffed animal with a bandage on its left leg like hers.  She laughed as she went to the bear seeing it was from her uncles and smiled then she read the card to the blushed.

JC went behind her and said, “This boy has it for you.” Seeing that Johnathan signed for the flowers.

Carly smiled as she smelled them.  He was texting me while in the exam room so worried, he wanted to come over, but Uncle Justin said let me rest and that he’ll see me tomorrow for school.”

“You okay to go to school tomorrow?” JC asked as he helped her sit in the living room.

Kara watched on as she saw JC start to care for her.  She smiled noticing how he was being attentive to her every need.  At this moment she fell even deeper in love with JC.  If that was even possible.

Carly smiled and said, “Yeah, I can’t miss school I need to do a layout for the paper as well as get the rest of my assignments.”

“I think the teachers would be okay if you missed a day or two baby girl.” JC said sitting next to her.

“Where am I going to go.  I don’t want to be home alone and if I go to the office, I will be bored out of my mind.  There’s only so many pranks and joking I can do on the guys and you dad.  And I want to be around my friends and just in a normal space to be honest.  I will be better if I did that. Plus, the principal and basically the whole school knows what happened so I don’t’ have to worry about drama, and if there is any, I will just let it roll off my back.” Carly said plain and simple. 

“Okay no problem.” JC said kissing the top of her head.  He sensed she was holding back something and was worried.

Carly saw the look on JC’s face and didn’t want to hide what she went through, so she let him and Kara know what happened. Again, she felt her father’s presence around to let her know they’d be okay with this.

“When I was being held hostage, my dad was there. Watching me, telling me what to do, how to take her down, how to keep talking to her to get her calm and not do anything bad to me.  It was like he was guiding me through this crazy fucked up situation and was telling me what was going on outside like you and mom were there, that you both were going to care for me and be there.”

Carly sat forward and told them the rest, how her father, her real father was watching from above and telling her what to do and when. And how while in the ambulance he said he would watch but only come if he felt like she needed him and, in a way, she felt warmth around her like he was hugging her and then went back to his spot watching over her.  

Kara had tears in her eyes, as to know that even if he weren’t there for her, Nate would always be watching his daughter and guiding her in times of need.  To know she felt him telling her what to do made her feel a comfort.  What made her more comfortable was how JC was sitting with Carly letting her have this moment and emotions, and that Carly was comfortable enough to be open and honest with JC on what happened and how she was feeling at any given time.

Kara snapped out of it and said, “ I know you didn’t have your first day of school per say but we could still have your traditional dinner if you wand Carly.”

 

Carly smiled as she said, “Yes please but extra love in mine if you don’t mind”

Kara laughed as she went to the pantry and grabbed a bag of Hershey kisses, a spoon and the peanut butter and gave it to Carly before starting dinner.

JC smiled as he went to the counter in the kitchen and looked at Kara getting things out. “We can order in if you want to.”

Carly heard this and said, “Oh HELL NO!”  this has been a traditional first day of school dinner treat since we moved here, and it sticks and JC you of all people will LOVE this dinner.” Carly said taking the chocolate and peanut butter eating it.  

Kara smiled as she started making the bacon as well as getting all the ingredients out.  It was one of Kara’s specialties, Chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes.  Kara learned to make them and once Carly had them she was over the moon in love with them.  It was the only thing she ever asked for dinner on the first day of school night.  Joey and Kelly had them last year as a surprise and Kara knew to make some extra to bring to work for Joey as well. 

 

JC watched as Kara made dinner and was enjoying the scene in front of him. The conversations between Carly Kara and himself, seeing Kara cooking a meal for the three of them, he offered to set the table. As he set it, for dinner.

 

True to Carly’s word, this meal didn’t disappoint.  These had to be the best pancakes he had ever had.  While eating, he asked to have these for his birthday meal every year as well as at Christmas day.

“Well, they are made for birthdays as well as Christmas so no worries.” Kara said as she saw the leftovers.  Smiling she got up and grabbed a Tupperware dish putting the remaining pancakes and bacon all but two of each pancake and some bacon in two of  the dishes.

JC smiled as he saw what she was doing. He then asked, “the bigger one is for Joey and the little one is for you for work tomorrow?”

Kara smiled as she said, “You know me oh so well.” She turned to Carly and asked, “do you want the left over for breakfast tomorrow I have enough for you tomorrow?”

Carly smiled and thought to herself then said, “sure and keep two for dad too. Since he’s in rehearsal for the last performance he needs the extra carbs.”  She got up and said, “I am actually beat, I am going to go look at what needs to be done for school and then go relax in my room, “ as she stepped away she said in the most child like tone she had in a long time, “can you guys tuck me in tonight?”

JC and Kara smiled as they both said, “Sure baby girl.” 

Just as Carly went down to her office JC saw Kara cleaning up and got up to help her then had an idea, “Hey baby, go take a long hot bath I got this, you had a crazy day too.” 

Kara for the first time since she lived there made a sigh of relief and said, “Thank you I will be in the tub soaking if you need or want me.” 

JC finished cleaning up dinner and heard the phone ring.  Not to have anyone be bothered he answered it.  “Hello?”

“Hey man, it’s Joey wanted ot see how Carly is doing?” Joey said.

“She seems to be okay she’s just finishing some schoolwork then going to go to bed. I let Kara go take a bath being she’s pregnant and all and needs some rest too. “ JC said finishing cleaning up.

Joey then asked, “And how are you doing.  This was a shit ton of crazy today dude.”

JC went to his bedroom and sat down on the bed and for the first time let his true feelings come out on how he felt.  “Joe I got to be honest, I was have NEVER been so scared in my life. I thought Carly was going to die today and be taken from us.   I-I can’t even fathom this.  I never knew a feeling like this before and I would kill and hurt anyone that hurt these two women in my life and my unborn child.  I have never felt or knew a love like this ever existed.”  JC said getting emotional.

“I know man, it’s nuts how having a family changes everything,” Joey stated as he felt what JC was feeling at that time. He continued, “It’s a blessing and I got to say this Kel and Bre both saw how you were there for Car and Kar today and how you love them both.  Keep doing what you are doing boy.  You are going to slay this.”

JC felt tears come to his eyes by just the thought of losing Carly came to his mind and he was so upset, but not with her or Kara but with himself for not having extra security for Carly even for school.  He should’ve had one of the guards there to keep tabs and make sure she was safe for the day.  Joe had to remind him it wouldn’t be good to overprotect her like that and that Carly acted WAY beyond her age today and if anything, he should be proud of her and how she handled this.  All the guys heard what happened and were beyond amazed at how she handled this.

Kara stood in the doorway hearing how JC was talking to Joey on the phone and smiled as she heard how caring and concerned JC was about Carly.  He just hung up and Kara came out dressed in a pair of his sweats and her favorite Yankees tee.  Just as she was about to see how he was feeling Carly came to their doorway.

 

“Guys, I’m gong to bed.” Carly said,

Looking at each other they both went to her room and tucked her in.

“Hey dad?” Carly said laying on her side.

“What’s up?” he said as he stood by the doorway.

“Thank you for being there for me today. I know hearing what happened with my father freaked you out a little and if it did, Just know you’ve been here for me since he left and won’t make me feel alone or lost.”  Carly said as she laid there.

JC felt a tear slip his eye and wen to her hugging he close. As he pulled away he said even with the tear in his yet, “Carly I will NEVER judge you for your feelings for your father,” he took a breath and said next, “And even though you are not mine by blood you are my baby girl and will always be my baby.  I would and always will walk to hell and back for you and your mom.  Always, ALWAYS, Know this please.”

Carly smiled and said, “I know dad, I love you.”

JC smiled as he kissed her cheek and left the room feeling a kind of high no alcohol and drugs could ever give him. 

He felt as if he had a mission and a goal and was determined to keep it up. 

That was to make him AND his family he had now happy.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc