Author's Chapter Notes:

filler for the next chapter 

 

Carly heard the alarm go off and sighed.  But then smiled knowing today was going to be an interesting day.  It was her first day as a junior in high school.  She got up and went to her bathroom started getting ready.  Loving how she didn’t have to fight anyone for a shower or bathroom as she had her own bathroom to get ready.

She walked out of her bathroom and looked at the outfit she picked for her first day of school.  It was a simple pair of black capris with the shirt she wore for her birthday. she took a sweater to cover the top half knowing she didn’t want to cause trouble at school and wanting to look her classy self.  She pulled her hair in a wet ponytail and put her light makeup on put her flip flops on.  She smiled as she walked out of the room and downstairs. She was surprised to see JC up as early as she was with Kara to boot.

“Okay, I knew Kara was going to be up for my first day, but this is a shock even my real dad never got up for a first day of school.” Carly said.

JC laughed as he saw Carly walk into the kitchen dressed for school. “I have to go to the studio for rehearsal and your mom has a meeting with Johnny and the planner for our wedding as well.”

“Ah, cool.” Carly said.

JC looked and asked, “What do you want for breakfast?”

Carly looked and said, “Just cereal. I’ll grab a coffee at school before homeroom.”

JC picked his head up as he said, “They have that at your school?”

Kara laughed as she was in the kitchen getting a bowl and spoon out for Carly she cut in, “Yes, they have a little Starbucks at her school, she’s been going there since she started. “ 

“Man, schools changed since I went.”  He stated as he looked Carly over.  “You look nice for your first day.”

Carly laughed and said, “Thanks,” she looked over her portfolio making sure her pictures were all in there and set the way she needed them.  She smiled as she zipped up her case putting it by the door with her camera bag given to her by JC as well as the backpack.  Going to the pantry by the fridge laughing as she saw what JC put in there, it was her favorite cereal with a post-it having her name only on it.

“Really dad, I am not as bad as Justin when it comes to this.” Carly stated going to the table as she sat down pouring a bowl of Rasin bran crunch into the bowl.  She went to say, “The only reason I did that is because Justin would take the last and not warn me while on the road, and to boot he did it when I was in the office two weeks ago, hence the chase down, he knew this was mine and did it.” 

JC laughed and said, “Don’t forget he’s not used to sharing, he failed that in kindergarten.”

“He made it past that grade?” Carly said.

JC was bout to sip his coffee and had to put it down because he was laughing so hard.  He stopped and said, “Ask Johnathan bout the sharing skills on that boy.”

“Oh, he’s told me some stories.” Carly said.

Kara smiled as she sat at the table and started on her breakfast which was yogurt with granola and berries.  It was one of the few things she could enjoy without getting sick in the morning due to her pregnancy.

“Hey mom, when is your next baby doctor appointment?”  Carly asked.  

“Next Tuesday,” Kara asked, “Why?

“Was just curious, do you get to find out what the baby is?”

Kara thought about it, by that time she would be just at the end of the first trimester.  Fourteen weeks to be exact.  “If not this appointment, then a month later, why?” 

Carly said nonchalantly, “Guys all have a bet on what the baby is.”

JC and Kara looked at her, JC shaking his head, “This I just GOTTA hear.” 

Carly cracked up, then went on, “Again its all of us against Justin, this also includes Johnny.  It’s him saying a girl and all of us saying a boy and Justin saying girl.”

JC shook his head, as Kara asked, “How much is this bet?:

Carly said, “100 a pop, if I win, I am giving my part of the bet to the baby and teaching my brother, to kick Justins ass in basketball as well as any other thing he THINKS, he’s good in,” Carly finished her food and went to put her bowl in the dishwasher along with her spoon and juice glass. Turning she asked, “Who’s driving me to school?”

Kara was about to say her but then JC smiled and said, “Why don’t we both go, then we can go to the office together, okay?”

Kara smiled and said, “Okay but I am only working a half day because I need to get her and still go to the store to grab dinner and cook.”

“I can get Joey to drop me off on the way after rehearsal.”  JC said kissing Kara on the cheek.

One drops off and an hour later Kara was sitting in her office working on some details for the upcoming concert. As she was typing, she was laughing at how JC was looking at the kids on their first day of school. She had to remind him it was not how it was when they went to school and that the times have changed.  

What was funnier was how Joey was shocked to see JC at the school dropping off Carly alongside Kara.  Kara laughed as Joey looked at him like he was confused.  What was funnier what how he went to JC to feel his head when they showed up to the office to make sure he was okay.

Kara then looked to the door and saw Lance walk in with a snack for her.  She cracked up as she knew he was probably told by JC to drop food off to her, so she didn’t get sick. 

“Hello mommy, Daddy sent me to give you this for a snack.” Lance handed Kara some peanut butter crackers and a banana with a bottle of seltzer water.

Smiling Kara took the food and smiled as Lance sat down at her desk.

“Thank you, Uncle Lance,” Kara said as she took the banana, peeled it and took a piece of it to eat.  As she opened the crackers, she saw Lance watching her and she shook her head, “if he told you to sit here and watch me eat, I will call him and yell at him.”

“Nah I wanted to give you something else as a congrats gift,” Lance said as he took the bag he had in his hands and gave it to her.

Kara smiled as she looked at the bag and opened it.  She laughed even harder when she pulled out an “N’ Sync” onesie as well as target and buy-buy baby gift cards. 

“Oh Lance, I love this!” she got up from her desk went over and gave him a big hug.

“I figured the baby can wear this either when he leaves the hospital or when he’s at home chilling with his uncles.”  Lance said, then smiled as she also pulled another onesie out saying “I love my Uncle Lance”

“Lance these are adorable thank you so so much.” Kara said. She heard the buzz and went to her phone.

“Kara speaking,”

“JC speaking, Tell Lance we’re waiting for him to dance again.” JC said smiling.

“Will do Babe.” Kara hung the phone and said, “They need you back in rehearsal.”

Lance smiled as he said, “See you later, Oh how did Carly make out going to school today.”

“Good I will know more once I get her later on.” Kara said smiling.

“Tell her hi and I look forward to seeing her this weekend.” Lance said

“Will do.’

 

Kara sat back down going back to work as she heard her phone ring again. She let it go seeing it was an unknown number.  She kept typing her report then heard the phone again. Again, she ignored the call seeing it was an unknown number. This time she wrote down the number and called it to let them know the unknown number that was calling being that the system was not supposed to let numbers like this go through.

Looking at the time she figured she’d pack it in and go to the store before getting Carly from school.  She packed up and went to the rehearsal studio to tell JC she was leaving for the day.  Walking down she was stopped by James from IT on the way to the studio. “Kara, gotta sec.”

Kara smiled to James saying, “Of course, what’s up?”

"The number you saw that called and you ignored we put a trace on it.” James said.

JC saw Kara outside the rehearsal studio and smiled but then saw her talking to IT.  “Hey guys can we take five Kara’s bout to leave I want to see her off before she goes.” He said walking out.

Just as he walked out he heard James speaking to Kara,

“Kara,” James said then saw JC “The number was traced to a cell phone number based out of the  Los Angeles area,”

“So what does this mea-“ then Kara’s cell phone went off, she saw it was Bre’s number, she put her finger up for a moment, “Hey Bre what’s going on?”


“Kara, I need you and dad and Josh to come to the school and get Johnny and whomever you need.”

“What’s wrong Bre,” she looked to JC who called Joey and like normal all the guys came out.

“It’s Carly, she’s been Kidnapped…. By Bobbi, and she’s being held at gun point in the principal’s office.” Bre said as she started crying again.

Kara lost her breath and fell to the floor. She looked at JC and James who sprung into action.

JC grabbed the phone, “Bre, we are on our way with your father, call your mom and tell her go get there too.”  JC hung the phone up and looked Kara.

“Josh, I-“Kara was cut off by JC who pulled her into him.

 

“She’s gonna be fine, let’s get to the school,” JC said.

“Here, I’ll drive leave the cars here boys we’ll continue whenever,” Joey said as they all ran to his car.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc