CHAPTER 2

 

 

Walking into the room, she saw the guys and Johnny sitting there, and smiled as she sat at the round confrence table with Johnny siting across from her with the guys around him.

 

“Good morning, Kara, you look very nice today.” Joey said as he sat down.

 

“Ugh yes, see I do own a skirt suit idiots, I know all of you...' she paused then said, “Well most of you wanted to see if I live out of dress slacks and I do. Can you all cut it.” she then turned to Johnny. “Sorry, they all bug the crap out of me and I gotta put them in their place like I do with Carla.”

 

Johnny laughed at her comment and then looked to the boys, “Well boys I guess we should just cut to the chase with Kara shouldn't we.”

 

“Cut to what chase...”she looked at all of the guys, even JC smiling at her and continued. “what is going on.”

 

“Well Kara here in my hand is the arrangement we have made for you, why don't you take a look at it.” Johnny said as he slid her the folder that had something big.

 

Something that would change her life forever.

 

 

FROM:: WEG ENTERTAINMENT GROUP & NSYNC INC.

 

TO: Ms Kara Evans,

 

RE: PERSONAL ASSISTANT TO THE MEMBERS AND ONLY THE MEMBERS OF NSYNC.

 

JOB RESPONSIBILITY:: HANDLE ALL PLANNING AND ARANGEMENTS OF THEIR PERSONAL AND DAILY ACTIVITES ON THE UPCOMMING 2010-2011 SEASON INCLUDING

 

TOUR

SCHEDULED APPEARANCES

PHOTO SHOOTS

GALA AND EVENTS

PERSONAL TIME

ECT.

 

PAY TO INCREASE TO: “this is where her eyes bugged out” 200K PER YEAR WITH 5 % INCREASE NEXT YEAR UPON RENEWAL OF WORK AGREEMENT.

 

Kara saw all five guys signatures and then Johnny's signaure on the bottom. She froze then looked at them all

 

“I can't take it. I have Carly with me all summer long.” she said as she looked at Johnny and then to the boys.

 

“that has all been taken care of Kar, Kelly and Bre will be on tour with us all summer too...Carly knows cus I just got a text from her with Bre telling her,” Joey said.

 

“and you think it's okay having my 15 going on 16 year old girl with me, you all are going to be okay with that?”

 

She saw all eyes look to her and smile and say on their own.

 

“I love Carly she's like my little sister,” Justin said

 

“Justin you are just waiting for the day that she turns 18 and NO!” Kara said laughing to her self

 

“Eww...like I said I think of her like a sister, not like that...you on the other hand” Justin said winking at her.

 

“I don't date younger men JR.” she said as the room erupted in laughter

 

“I love that girl, someone who is shorter than me on the bus” Chris said.

 

“She gets along with Bre, and I know they're gonna have a blast on the road together,” Joey said

 

“she's a great girl, Kara.”

 

“She's a wonderful young woman that you have worked so hard to have near you. We don't want you to lose this oportunity or her/” JC said as he looked at her with his eyes that were blue as blue.

 

 

“I guess I have no choice but to sign then/” she said smiling widely.

 

Kara signed her name and handed the papers back. As she heard the congratulaions from all the guys she excused herself and ran to her office and smiled to she slef and did her little dance.'

 

 

 

Two hours later she was sitting at her desk still looking at the email that was sent throughtout the office that she, Kara Evans was now the new sole Personal Assistant to N Sync for the remainder of the 2009-2011 year comes up.

 

'I just can't believe it.' she said to herself. Or so she thought.

 

“Believe it Kara.” JC said smiling as he walked in.

 

“JC, what, I mean...” Kara looked at him again, then smiled. “Hi, what are you doing here?”

 

“Nothing, I had free time to just chill and well,” he stuttered being that even though he has known her for almost two years now and knew what was going on with her he never really got the time to know her and in the past few months was feeling very intrigued by her and wanted to get to know her.

 

Kara was playful and open to the other guys all the time. Joey and her being so close due to being friend with Kelly in the past and well to the wonderful world of facebook and firend she got this job through her and moved down her with Carly to get a fresh clean start. From what he didn't totally know but he was always wanting to find ouy. All he knew was that her husband died in a car accident the same time Carly's mother did. Carly's family didn't want to care for her and in Kara's will it stated that if he dies and her mother's gone, the soul guardian of Carly was, Kara.

 

Kara took that challenge on and didn't think twice. She was 29 at the time her husband died, married only two years. He saw her heartache and wanted to be a friend but never wanted to push. She was a friend to him but he started taking a little liking to her and wanted to know her better.

 

Kara smiled as she looked at his schedule in front of her seeing that he was done for the day. She looked at him, “How was the rehersal.” She said looking at him. “ I heard you guys look like the group of old and all.” She smiled as she started pulling her things together.

 

“Yeah, I can't wait to hit the road again.” JC said smiling. He then cleared his throat. “Uh. Kara, I know I haven't been the best friend like you have in the other four and I am really sorry. I just...well” he was loosing his nerve.

 

Kara smiled as she looked at him. She said, “JC it's really okay. I know you were nervous and all...we talk anyways.”

 

“True but, still if I have been acting like a jackass it's cus of....well...” he looked at her with puppy dog eyes like did something wrong.

 

Kara laughed as she then said, “Yes since the ex evil bitch as the others called her. “ she looked at him as she knew how he broke up with her. He too was cheated on.

 

“I am sorry how it ended. I know how you feel.” Kara said.

 

“It sucks. I know it was the end but to know that she was cheating for the last 3 months on me, that just blows.” he said looking at her

 

“Try being married and having someone cheat for six.” Kara said to him.

 

“Wait, your...he cheated on you?” JC never knew this. Kara shook her head and he went, “ I never knew.” he sat back in amazment.

 

“Yes. I tried to keep the relationship up and alive but I knew it was ending when he died.” she then continued, “still hurts to know someone I loved with all in me did that.” Kara got a tear in her eye and

 

“Kara, I am so sorry.” JC said grabbing her hand from across the desk. As she looked up she saw his eyes and felt a lil something happen in the pit of her stomach. Something that has not happened in ages.

 

Just as he was going to say something, her phone rang. “Kara Evans, Personal assist-Hi Car...yes I got the job....well we are going to have to...you knew! How did you know bef,....ahh Brianna, yes....who picked you up wait you are...” and then she looked up and saw Carly walk into her office and hug her

 

“I TOLD YOU YOU WOULD GET THE JOB KARA...OH MY GOD IM SOOOOOOO EXCITEED!!!” Carly yelled as she hugged her stepmother.

 

“Thanks Car,” Kara smiled.

 

Carly saw JC smiling behind her and she got shy and quick. “Sorry C, I didn't know you were in here.”

 

“No problem Carly. I gotta go and hey Carly, I will be seeing more of you soon!” he said as he walked out.

 

'Hey JC. Celebration dinner tonight at Joey's house in honor of Kara you coming?” she asked

 

“Yes mam I will be there. He said as he left laughing at the young lady.

 

“Well, there is one lil twist to this job.” kara said as she looked at Carly then continued, “I have to go on tour with the boys all summer long, and well since I am in no way shape or form leaving you home alone...you are going to be..comming.” and that was all that needed to come out of her mouth as she heard Carly go insane.

 

“Well I hate to tell you this...” Carly said as she calmed down, “I knew that too after my bio final...Brianna found me and told me because her father texted her the news.”

 

“Wait how long have you known, and how did your finals go young lady.” Kara said sitting back still trying to gather all the information in her head.

 

“I aced my final, as you know.” Carly smiled her typical teenage smart ass way that made Kara laugh being how she was truly like her father in many ways.

 

“Well I will know tomorrow when you come show me that report card miss thang.” Kara said smiling.

 

“So this tour, how long and where are we going to? Do we have to share a bus with the boys? When do we leave, how long are we gone for,” Carly kept throwing questions out to her stepmother.

 

“Okay, first question, we are gone starting in two weeks, we start start in Mississippi, go to from then until the second week of August. We will be hitting about 50 cities in that time frame. No we are actually going on the bus with Kelly, Bri, and Joey, I think. We need to start packing tonight and all that stuff and im going to have you do some chores when I am here at work starting on Monday. Since I don't want to be the evil stepmother. “ Kara said

 

“I don't think you could ever be evil Kara,” Carly said as she looked to her.

 

“I am glad you think that.” Kara said then heard trouble in the hallway. And groaned, “Oh lord, I thought they were still in rehearsals.” Kara said as she got up.

 

“Let me guess,” Carly said as she listened to see who was in the hallway. She knew in a moment, “Chris, and most likely Lance having a debate about something so stupid and well guy like.” Carly laughed as she looked to Kara.

 

Lance and Chris walked in two moments later, arguing about some stupid. Carly couldn't help but laugh at the two of them. Just as she started to laugh she heard them stop and look at her.

 

“And what is so funny young lady? And why are you not in school??” Lance asked as he looked down to her.

 

“Uh, I had my last finals today and it was only half day. Kelly gave me a lift here so I could congratulate my stepmother for getting the job. Is there a problem with that Bass boy” Carly asked.

 

Lance smiled as he pulled the young one up for a hug, “Never my lil brianiac.” Lance smiled as he squeezed her tight giving her a bear hug. Then let go as Chris pulled her in and hugged her even tighter.

 

“LIL SPROUT....How does it feel to almost be a junior in high school?” he asked keeping his tigh grip on her.

 

“CHOKING...YOU'RE CUTTING OFF MY BREATHING SHORTY.” Carla said as he then let go and the red in her face faded away. She looked back ah Chris shaking her head, “I'd like to make it to my junior year before being squished to death...then I will let you know.”

 

“I didn't squish you.” He said mock hurt.

 

“ugh you did to and you know it Old Man.” Carly shot back.

 

Chris mocked her. As he saw it she was up on her feet and he flew out the room with Carly hot on his feet saying, “Get back here short old man!”

 

“BE CAREFUL YOU TWO!” Kara said as she looked at Justin laughing at them. Lance went down with them telling Kara, “I'll watch them don't worry about her...I would worry more bout the old man.

 

JC laughed as he walked back into her office looking like he almost got run over by the two.

 

She turned her head to JC, “I swear I think he's as crazy as her father was.”

 

“Probably why the get along so well.” He said as he saw her gather her things up. He continued on, “Ready for this?”

 

“As ready as I can ever be.” She said then went on, “I am just happy I can take her with me. I know she would be okay but I have wanted to do something with her and now I got the shot. Of course i'll be working but she won't care, she's got Brianna there. She's going to be in her TEEN GLORY”

 

Kara got her things together and went to close up shop for the night. True she only worked a half day but she knew if the guys were aruond she woldn't get anything done and she needed to get things together at home.

 

“Done for the day Ms. Evans?” JC said as he saw her shutting her things down.

“I'm gonna go work from home and get a list of what I am going to need to have done and get done in the next two weeks. Plus I need to go do some shopping for an end of the year gift for the girl.”

 

She walked down the hall to where she saw Chris and Carly on the floor out of breath, and laughing. S

 

“So ready to get going young one, we have some places I need to stop on the way home and I want to get some more work done before the party tonight.” Kara said

 

“Really, Kara, I was going to invite her and Brianna to the dance studio, Carly wanted to watch the rehersals.” Justin said as he walked up to them. He saw Chris out of breath and laughed. “Really Chris we danced for 2 hours and have had a 15 minute break. Your old ass is gonna get whipped when Wade comes back.”

 

Chris looked at Justin and said, “I was chasing after the young one over there.” Pointing to Carly who smiled at Justin.

 

Justin looked at her and said, “Oh lord trouble is here!”

 

“Better then that,” Brianna said as she walked out of the studio standing next to Carly then said, “Double trouble.”

 

Justin looked at the two teenagers and saw Kara start to look at him. She said, “You've been warned.”

 

Carly laughed as she then asked, “Kara please can we stay?”

 

Kara was about to say something then was cut off, “I can bring her back with Bri, you can go home and get what you need to get done.” Joey said.

 

“I can't Joey.” Kara said as she looked to see Wade, walk back.

 

“Well I got bad news I gotta head to the set of Brits video, she's having dancing issues, guys be back here 10 am tomorrow. We will go through the last two numbers before we go to the arena for the set up there.”

 

“DAY OFF!!” Chris yelled as he got a burst of energy.

 

Kara laughed as she saw Carly's trademark face, she then looked to her and said, “Look I need to get your end of year gift, so if Joey AND Kelly are okay with you going there, that's fine. If not you are screwed.”

 

“Kara Evans, I am more than fine with it,” Kelly said as she walked to the guys. She laughed as she hugged her friend and said to her, “You of all people need to do things alone, and I heard Carly had her final lay out for her paper and I wanted to see it.”

 

Kara sighed as she then smiled to Carly and said, “You better behave and I will see you later tonight.”

 

“Thank you Kara.” Carly hugged her and ran down the hall with Brianne laughing.

 

She was not comfortable with having others care for her she felt as if she was taking advantage of her friends and didn't like the feel of it.

 

“Kara relax, she's gonna be fine.” JC said standing next to her.

 

“I know JC, I just hate how I feel like I am pawning her off. Her father used to do that to his family when he wanted alone time, I used to argue with him about it all the time.

“Hey Joe offered, if he didn't then I would worry, Okay?” JC said knowing he was right.

 

“True.” Kara smiled as she then pushed herself off the wall and walked down the hall and out to the atrium of the office. She looked to JC who was walking with her. “So JC, what are you going to do with your day off now?” She asked as she stood there.

 

“Not much I actually, well I need to go to the mall..if that's where you were going? I heard you say you had to go shopping for Carly.” He actualy stuttered when he spoke to her just now. Kara chuckled at how he was doing that.

 

“Yeah I am getting her some camera equipment, she has been begging me for this new camera and all other things, I told her mabye but I know that she aced her finals so I'm gonna get them tonight.” she said looking at him, “You want to come with me” she asked

 

“Actually, I was going to ask if you'd like to come with me too...funny how great minds think alike, Ms Evans.” he said giving his million dollar smile to her.

 

Kara rolled her eyes as she walked out with him, “Ugh wipe that smartass smile off your face Chasez,” she looked at him as he walked out of the building and to their cars. “So, how do we do this you want me to drive or...”

 

“I can drive, you can leave your car here for now and we can get it before we go to the party. “ Kara said as she went to hers.

 

JC looked as he saw her car. “Nice car Kara, when did you get this?” he said said going to the passenger side and climbed in.

 

“Uh...bout six months ago, the car I drove from Jersey down here was on the outs and I decided that I needed something new...and I just went for it.” Kara said looking at the new car she had.

 

JC smiled as she just said it nonchalantly. It wasn't flashy at all, the S Class suv was nice. It was loaded to the way he knew Kara...her speed. Not too much not too little. He smiled as she got herself situated in the car.

 

Kara looked to the passenger seat, “What?”

 

“Nothing,” JC said as he chuckled again

 

Kara started the car and saw him smiling and giggling again, “Okay I am not moving til you tell me what the hell is so funny.”

 

“You just well...Carly told me how you have a system for getting in the car the other day when she was her waiting...she said one day I would see it and she was right.”

 

“Ha ha,” Kara said as she moved out of her spot while shaking her head.

 

JC calmed down and put his hand on her knee, “It's okay I have a system too when I get in the studio, and when I drive. But your's is really cute.”

 

 

 

Over the next two hours, JC and Kara went to the stores that she needed to go to. JC never once complained as she was dragging him here and there. He draged her in and out of a few stores himself and she laughed as she remebered what she needed in two of them. She actually got to see JC open up a little bit more and she let her guard she had up with him down, and she let him know her like the other guys knew her.

 

Kara walked into the camera shop as JC looked to her. “So what is it that Carly needs?” he asked looking at the cameras.

 

“I am getting her a new camera, you know she's part of the photography club in school right?” Kara asked. JC nodded, she continued, “Well she has to put together another photo journal for her Junior Year, its an audition of some sorts.”

 

“For what?” he asked getting interested.

 

“To be the head photographer for the school paper, and yearbook. She found that she loves photography when we first got here. She's pretty good too. When my godson was born, right after her father died she found the camera at his party and she started taking pictures. I saw her that night on the computer uploading the pictures and saw how she got every detail.” Kara said then continued, “When we got here and she started school she had taken art the second half and it came to the photography part when she got to school.”

 

“I remember her loving that first camera she got from school too.” JC said seeing her outside the building everyday just taking landscape shots.

 

“Well needless to say going into her sophmore year she took the pictures she too while we were here for the summer and when we went home and the school loved her, she got a spot on the news photography and here she is up for the spot of lead, she has been begging me for new equipment so I bargained with her if she got good grades this year she would have her new stuff. Little does she know I knew her grades before she got to the office.” Kara said.

 

JC looked to her as she was picking up the camera she had seen online the day before and looked at the price. He knew she was keeping it in as if she was going to burst. She looked to JC and laughed.

 

“Yeah she did amazing, she got and A in English, and Biology, and A-'s in all her other classes and in photography she got an A+.” Kara said as she beamed.

 

 

“Kara that's amazing! Does she know?” JC asked,

 

“If she does she's hiding it well.” Kara said as she went to the salesman. Gave him the list of things she wanted and then gave him her card as he went to get her all the equipment.

 

JC saw a photographer's bag and smiled as he picked it up and went to the other salesman and had him ring it up.

 

Kara saw him and she smiled. “Why did you get her that?”

“Because I am proud of her too. “ JC said smiling, then looked at her.

 

She smiled as if he knew what he was thinking. She then looked at him.

 

“Thanks JC, and I hope I don't sound so stupid when I say, you surprised me today.” she said

 

“How so?” he asked as they gathered her bags and walked out of the store.

 

Kara shrugged and then went on, “Well I mean, you know I tried to be your friend and I dunno, I guess I didn't think you cared to much bout me or you were scared of me and well, my past. But Carly being...well Carly told me that you were giving me my space cus you didn't want to pry into my life.” She then put the newly purchased camera in the car and looked at him. And touched his arm, “Thank you for that, I know I might have been a little bitchy but I just didn't know if you wanted to know me and well I am glad that now we...well I am letting you get to know me.”

 

JC smiled as he pulled her into a hug and said, “I was just letting you get your space Kara, I didn't know how to let you know that I cared. And as Carly knew I wanted to but she also warned me that you needed to open up first. And I am glad you did.”

 

Kara pulled away and said, “Hey lets get to Joey's so we can give Carly her gift.”

 

“Deal.” JC said as they got in the car and took off.

Chapter End Notes:

more to come soon...let me know what you think so far....thanks for reading



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc