Three weeks later

 

Kara heard the alarm go off and groaned.  She hit the off button and started to move as she looked at the side of her bed and shocked to see it empty.  She then heard the water running and smiled as she heard JC singing in the shower.  She got up and walked into the bathroom.  She walked in giggled as she continued to hear him singing.

 

JC jumped a little as he heard Kara giggling at him while he was in the shower. He poked his head out and smiled at Kara as she stood there with a smile on her face. “Good morning beautiful, I’m sorry I woke you.”

Kara smiled and said, “You didn’t the alarm did.”  She then went to do her business and brushed her teeth and smiled as she heard the water shut off and saw JC step out of the shower covering himself with his towel walking to the sink to brush his teeth.

JC finished and went behind Kara as she finished brushing her hair and pulling it up in a bun before starting her morning routine. He pretty much knew it down to a science. She took her shower before bed most nights, if not then she’d be up before him to shower and knew she was out of his and Carly’s way as to not cause morning chaos.  He smiled as she finished her light layer of makeup.  She then walked back to the closet that had what was a few pieces of clothing left being that today was the day.

Kara and Carly were moving into his house.  It was funny because it was four houses down from Joey and Bre as Carly was now ecstatic that she would be even closer than before to her best friend.  Only minus was that she was now 20 minutes away from Johnathan, Justin’s brother.  A minus for Carly but a bonus for JC and Kara, in the joking way they teased Carly on.

Kara went to the outfit she picked and was about to get dressed then heard the doorbell.  She looked at the time and sighed, “Gotta love my parents always early to any and all things” she said. Laughing as she heard Carly,

 

“I’ll let the grand parents in and I got the coffee going guys!” Carly said as she was already up as well.

 

Kara looked at JC and asked, “What time did she get up?”

JC smiled as he said, “She was up at the time I got up.  I heard her in her room and checked on her she was working on packing up the last of her photography stuff she left out last night working on her portfolio for school.”

“Good lord that girl is a workaholic” Kara said as she smiled.

“Like the two of us, but she has you making sure she does what is needed to get things done right.” JC said smiling at Kara.

“She learned that from you too.  Definitely didn’t get that from her mother and father” Kara said as she finished getting ready and then felt the wave of nausea hit her. 

She sat for a second and took a deep breath.

JC not missing a beat saw her face go a pale, “again?” he said to her as she looked at him.

She shook her head and got up going to the bathroom and did her daily routine of morning sickness and then sat there for a moment.  She stood back at the sink grabbed the mouthwash and rinsed her mouth out and looked to see JC standing there.

She sighed and said, “sorry you had to see that.”

JC walked to her and looked at her in the mirror saying, “sorry you have to go through that.” Kissing the top of her head.

Hey, it’s not that bad it’s only in the morning, so I am considering myself lucky, and it’s getting better too. But don’t let me forget the crackers for the car ride so I don’t get sick.”

“JC smiled as the then got serious for a second after getting ready, “Uh one question are we telling our parents about the baby yet or do you want to wait til after the wedding.”  

Kara thought for a moment. “I-I think my parents will look at me and know in a moment.  They both have very good instincts like that.  So how bout we let them find out and if they do then we admit it, if not then we will tell them at the wedding.” 

JC laughed as he cupped Kara’s face, “I like that idea, being that my mom will be the same way too.”  He kissed Kara fast as they heard Carly.

 

“Kara grandma and Pops want to get moving so I suggest you stop making out with my soon to be dad and get moving!” 

Kara cracked up as she said, “here we go let’s go home.”


JC smiled as he heard Kara say that.

 

During the next few hours, Kara, Carly, JC, Joey, Bre, well basically everyone was in JC’s house setting things up. 

Carly was quite surprised when she showed up to learn that JC had given her a semi master suite that had her own bathroom and a walk-in closet.  She considered creating the walk in as her darkroom but was shocked to learn that JC had created a dark/develop room downstairs for her to work in right across from his at-home studio so she could do her photography work there. in the office he presented her with the second step of the adoption process to be cleared and by the time Christmas came she’d officially be Carly Chasez, along with her mother Kara.

Carly took the letter and brought it up to her room and took the picture of herself and JC and put them in the double frame and put it on her wall by her mirror.  Right next to a picture of her with her mother and father, her real parents.  She smiled as she remembered JC showing her this room and seeing the letter on her desk:

Three weeks ago

Carly smiled as she walked into JC’s house, well their house now as she and Kara were now moving in.

She smiled as she was given many surprises as she walked in.

First was the spot in the garage for her new car she was getting when she got her license. 

Then the Burbon street pic on the wall in the family room as well as a few of their trips to Vegas, Seattle, Chicago and the three of them at her birthday party.  She smiled proudly as she saw her work being put on display in her new home.

“Your room sweetie?”  JC said as he led Carly to her bedroom.

Carly was in total shock seeing her room.  The color scheme she hoped for was there and the closet and bathroom alone she was choked up and excited to see this as well.  She hugged JC for what it felt like the millionth time that day.

“One more surprise for you, it’s down near my studio.” JC said as they walked down to his basement.

Carly saw a sign that showed her name on it.  Opening the door, she turned on the light and gasped.  It was her own office, photo studio filled with everything she could need and want.  She went to the basket and saw gift cards GALORE but saw another letter addressed to JC with a post-it on it saying, “two down one more to go…Love Dad.”

Carly opened the letter and read that it was the second of the three-part approval completed stating that by the end of the year JC and Kara would be her parents. 

Carly had a tear in her eye as she went to JC and said, “I love you Dad. So SO much!” and held on to him like never before.

Kara walked in and saw the show of emotion took Carly’s camera and got a journal shot of the two in a father/daughter embrace. Smiling at the love the two had for one another. 

Back to present day

 

 

“Hey Car,” JC said as she saw Carly with the letter from JC as she had it framed with a picture that was taken of the two of them by Kara three weeks ago it was next to the picture of her with her real parents and looked to Carly asking, “You okay sweetie?”

Carly smiled with a little tear dropping, “Y-yeah, just feeling,” She took a deep breath then said, “Blessed.  Blessed to have my mom and dad up there but have my mom and dad here watching me to, as well as a little brother and/or sister to spoil soon.”

JC smiled as he heard what was going on, but he felt his heart break a little for Carly.  He walked into the room and said to Carly, “You know you have all the right to feel however you feel sweetie.” Pulled her in for a hug and continued, “I know we don’t have the same stories for how we are adopted, and I don’t know how you feel from time to time with everything but know this, I will do my best to be the dad you should have and deserve,” then smiled, “I might even spoil you from time to time but that’s between us.”  He finished, “Just know this I will never hurt you or Kara, and the little one deserves the world and I want to give you all I can.”

Carly at that exact moment looked at JC and said, “Thank you dad.”  She gave her shy smile as she said that looking at him.

JC taken back by this just pulled her in again and hugged her even tighter.

 

The rest of the day went on as expected.

 

True to form Justin and Chris were playing pranks on everyone while having help from Kara’s nephews too being well that they were all in the same age range, mentally at the time.  

Kara was in the master bedroom setting up her clothes as well as her things in the bathroom that she was now sharing with JC.

She finished and went to the kitchen and smiled as she saw her father, Roy, and JC all sitting there looking at how her dad was looking at the lighting of the house and was of course giving his pointers as to what should be done to brighten it up.

Kara rolled her eyes, “Dad please let the boy breathe a little before you redesign his lighting in the house. “

David smiled as he kept going.  “I was giving your soon to be baby’s father some pointers and ideas, and he likes them so there little missy.” 

Kara froze mid sip of water and looked at her father, “Soon t-to be,” Kara was stuttering as she said this not knowing how her father of all people found out. 

David smiled and winked as Roy and JC both smiled, “Yeah I know, you of all people know I know you better than your mother!” He went to his daughter and gave her a big hug. 

“Dad, please don’t be mad, I” She was at a loss for words, then said “How the hell did you of all people figure it out.”

David smiled like the proud father he was.  He got up and went to give his daughter a hug, “Sweetie, I am smarter than your mother makes me think I am. And I will not tell you mom until you are ready to let her know, and also, when do you EVER turn down champagne.   Seriously you don’t have me fooled.”  He hugged her then went to JC and hugged him again.

Roy jumped up and went to the group and hugged them as well pulling away he said to both JC and Kerri, “I knew by your glow Kara,” he then said, “that and Karen noticed it too. But don’t worry we won’t let anyone else know,”  

Kara looked at her father, “You’re going to rub this into moms face saying you figured it out before her aren’t you?” 

David laughed and said, “You bet I am.”  He then said, “Not to be a bummer, when are you two planning the wedding?”

Kara and JC looked at each other and JC smiled as he said, “We are thinking of a weekend in Key West most likely in October.”

“Two months, that’s not a lot of time to plan.” Roy stated.

“It’s not going to be a huge wedding.  Just family and of course the hooligans that are causing mayhem in this house right now.  We have it planned for Columbus Day weekend.  We’d fly everyone down here that Thursday have the ceremony Friday and then if you want you can fly out Saturday or Monday and spend the weekend with us.”  JC said smiling, knowing they wanted to go to Hawaii but with the baby now being on the way Kara decided to keep it closer to home as well as earlier so she could fit into her wedding gown she wanted to wear. 

“I love the idea,” Roy said hugging Kara.

“How’s Carly feeling about all of this?”

Carly smiled and heard her name then state, “I can’t wait. and as you all know I am not doing the photography, well not the ceremony, but I got one of the other photographers to help with this.”  

With that Margret was in the hallway smiling as she heard the news of the wedding and of course her baby having a baby of her own.  She of course knew too, she turned to Karen who also heard the guys and Kara talking and walked in, “My sweet David, you think I didn’t know.  First of all, Roy you are right she’s got the glow and also, I notice how your son is not letting her lift anything heavy than the box of pillows and making sure she has something to eat every few hours too.  Second I am beyond thrilled to spoil another grandchild again.” 

Kara sighed relief as not the secret was mostly out.  The only ones that didn’t know were the guys and by the fact that Joey knew because of Kelly that’d be known sooner rather than later, wait no it’d be because of JC being so excited too.

 

Later that night Kara laid in the bathtub soaking in the bath relaxing herself after the stress of moving and getting everything done.  Shockingly it was done within one day.  She smiled as she thought to herself that she was right where she wanted to be.

Sher finished her bath, got out and got dressed.  She walked downstairs to grab a snack but as she was walking to the kitchen, she heard both Carly and JC in their respected offices working and talking together. 

Kara grabbed her snack and a cup of herbal tea and went to the living room sitting on the couch putting on the tv.  Flipping through the channels she rested on watching Modern Family. Relaxing again she snacked and watched tv hearing faint laughter from downstairs and smiled to herself feeling something she hadn’t felt in a LONG time.

She felt at home. And Not alone.

Chapter End Notes:

Just a filler next chapter will be soon.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc