Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes i know i said i would update soon...i have had more problems and issues but here i am again...hopefully i can update more than i have been...sorry :(







JC couldn't believe that the woman he loved was carrying his child. He was so excited that he wanted to go to the roof of the hotel and scream it to the world. He wanted to tell the fans, his mom...everyone...anyone that he was going to be a father, not once but twice. To say he was psyched was beyond words.



Kara was relieved that JC was excited but she needed to calm him down first. They agreed that they wold only tell her mother and father as well as his parents and Joey. Joey was to know only because Kelly was with Kara when she took the four (yes four because she didn't believe the first three) tests and all came back with in 20 seconds later saying that she was pregnant. She knew Kelly would not be able to keep it quiet and even with Carly knowing she knew how it would trickle down.



Before they knew it the show in Atlanta ended and they were sleeping in their room. Kara woke up at 7 the next morning and felt nausea.



“Fuck my luck” Kara said as she hauled ass to the bathroom. She sat on the floor and started throwing up.



JC felt Kara get out of bed and heard what she said. He laughed but felt bad that she had morning sickness. He got up and went to the door. He debated if he should knock, he saw the bottle of water on the night stand and thought to bring it to her. He grabbed it just as she called for him.



“JC can you please bring me my...” Kara said as she saw JC standing there with the bottle of water in his hands. She wanted to die as she said, “I guess I woke you?”



“It's alright baby, I heard you say fuck my luck and speed to the bathroom.” HE said as he saw her sip the water and spit it in the toilet, flush the toilet then got to the sinks so she could brush her teeth. He looked at her as she stared back. “Morning sickness.”



“Yep, and you got to have the honor of seeing me do that for the first time.” Kara said as she spit the toothpaste out rinse her mouth out with some scope and start walking back to the bed. She sighed as she laid back. “I gotta remember to get some sort of soda crackers or animal crackers for the flight.”



“Crackers? They help with throwing up? I thought that it would make you want to throw up more?” JC said as he sat back on the bed with Kara.



Kara laughed and realized that JC was new to the world of pregnancy and having children. She was used to it. With her sister and even when Kelly was pregnant as well as when she was pregnant the first time. She kissed him on the lips and looked at him.



“The crackers are to help me when I get nauseous and if I do throw up...the crackers are in there.” Kara said.



“That makes sense in some odd way.” JC said as he held her close. He looked at the clock and sighed. “Ugh...well being that we have to be outta here in the next two hours to get to the airport, I am going to take my shower and get ready. You showered last night right?”

Kara smiled as she said, “Yes oh wise one. I will make sure all are up and moving while you are getting ready.” She kissed him as he smiled at her.





Two hours and eight people up, some wide awake and happy others tired and hung over from going out the night before they were all loaded up in the vans and on there way to the airport to take their ninety minute flight home.



Home to Orlando. Where Kara was going to be getting her house ready to sell and move her and Cara in with JC. She thought she would be nervous and was surprising herself by not being that nervous at all. She was really looking forward to moving in with him. It made her feel safe, secure and knowing that Carly was on board was even better.



While on the flight home Kara was in true fashion working. She had a few things to finish up and then for the next twenty four hours she was off. A day off finally, near home. To do whatever.



She in true fashion didn't have the full day off. She had a doctor's appointment that she made twenty four hours ago when she found out that she was pregnant. She didn't tell JC just yet. She didn't want to pressure him into going to the doctor or make him feel like he HAD TO go with her. She kept it quiet for the time being.



JC sat there looking at Kara. He then looked at her schedule. He saw in big letters THE BIG MOVE marked three weeks from today. He smiled knowing that was the day that she and Carly were going to be moving into his home.

The next note he saw was a doctors name...Dr. Covucci OBGYN @ 10:30. It was for tomorrow. He smiled at her as he cooked up a plan. He knew she was going to try and sneak out. He was hell for sure going to be at the first doctor's appointment there with her to see what was going on and to know what to do to take care of Kara. He knew in the past she wasn't taken care of in her past with the ex. He also knew she was afraid to lose this baby. He understood this and wanted to be there for her. To show Kara that she was not alone.







THE NEXT DAY!!!!!!





Kara heard the alarm go off and smacked it. She looked at the time, 8:30. She sighed as she got up. She noticed her phone had a text on it. She smiled as she saw who it was from.



Good morning my sweetie pie. Sorry I didn't wake you but I got a call and had to go to a meeting and Johnny wanted us at the studio for a fast rehearsal. He asked me if you can come in this afternoon around 4 for a fast run down of the final show. I love you and call me later.....<3 Josh



Kara sighed again as she got up. She called “Carly! Time to get up missy” she then felt the wonderful wave of nausea hit her like a tidal wave. She was in the hallway and saw Carly walking into the bathroom. She shoved her out of the way and slammed the door.



Carly was shocked but then laughed a little hearing Kara throwing up. She knew she had morning sickness the morning before because she was walked to her bedroom and saw JC sitting there and he looked dumbfounded. She shook her head and went back to her room then.



Carly went into the bathroom just as she saw Kara flush the toilet and sat back against the wall for a moment. She filled the glass with some tap water and handed it to her. “Feel better?”



Kara shook her head yes a little bit as she got up slowly. She sighed as she brushed her teeth and rinsed her mouth. She looked at Carly and said, “Thank you.”



Carly smiled and said, “No biggie.”



Kara looked at herslef in the mirror and said, “Today's my first appointment with the doctor.”



Carly looked at her, “Nervous?”



Kara shook her head no as she brushed her teeth.



Carly smiled, “Josh going?”



Kara spit the toothpaste out and said, “He doesn't know. I never told him.”



Carly followed her into her bedroom. She knew the truth and smiled to herself and hugged herself. She knew already that Kara was going to die a thousand deaths knowing that he was going to be there. Hell her father wasn't there for the first two appointments that she had. No he was off....”don't go there Carly,” her subconsious yells at her.



“CARLY....” Kara screamed.



“S-sorry Kara I was in another place.” Carly said as she shook it off.



“I can tell, go get ready I will drop you at the office so you can finish your work while I go to the doctor.” Kara said.



Carly smiled and then went off to her room knowing what was going on. “she's gonna be so happy”



::Two hours later::

Kara walked into the office for a fast minute to get Carly set up in her office. Make a few fast calls and to give Johnny and the rest of the crew their schedules for tomorrow night’s show and the events for that day. She had today off but in true form she was still going to be working. She loved this job and could never tear herself away.

She walked in to Johnny’s office last for two reasons. One cus she liked to tell him she was working from home that day and two…to tell him why she was working from home.

“Kara, I didn’t expect to see you here.” Johnny said as he saw her walking to his desk.

“I know I am going to be working from home later this afternoon but I needed to give you guys the hard copy of the schedule for tomorrow. And well I have some other news to tell you.” Kara said as she stood there.

Johnny pointed to the seat in front of his desk gestureing her to sit down. He smiled as he said, “What’s going on.”

“Well…I guess there is no easier way to say this and I don’t know more details and I won’t know for a little longer but….I’m pregnant.” Kara said it all in one breath.

Johnny smiled as he stood up and went to her. He gathered her in her arms and said, “Congratulation, Kara. I am so happy for you and for JC…I take it he knows?”

Kara smiled as she said, “Yes, actually I was trying to see him before I go to the doctors, I have an appointment across town in 40 minutes and I was wanting to see him before I go. The guys said I just missed him.”

Johnny smiled as he said, “Yeah he had an appointment and he didn’t want to be late so he took off bout 10 minutes before you got here.”

Kara sighed as she said, “No worries, I will call him when I get to the doctors office. I gotta run, Carly is in my office taking care of some photo shop stuff and then I think Chris or Lance are taking her to the Video Production office to do her video thing for the show tomorrow night. I think either JC or Lance will be bringing her home. I will see you tomorrow.”

“Not to worry Kara take a day and relax today…you look like you could use it. And Congratulations again sweetie, you and JC are going to be amazing parents.” Johnny said,

Kara smiled as she walked out of his office. She checked on Carly one last time as she went out the office and on her way to her doctors appointment.

Forty five minutes later Kara got out of her spot and was walking into the doctors office she heard someone behind her. She turned around and froze..she started to stutter, “what the...h..how did you…” Kara was cut off.

“Now I know you better than you think missy.” JC said as he pulled her toward her and gave her a fast kiss on the lips to keep her quiet. He looked down at her and said, “What makes you think I was going to miss your first doctor’s appointment for OUR BABY?”

Kara was going to say something but shut up. She was surprised that he was there. More surprised that she could tell that he WANTED to be there with her. She went to him and hugged him. She whispered in his ear. “I love you.”

JC smiled as he said back, “I love you too sweetie,” he opened the door to the office and said, “Shall we?”

Kara walked in and smiled as she went to the receptionist. “Hi I am Kara Evans, I have a 11:15 with Dr. Covucci.”

“Hello Kara, all your information is the same?” The receptionist asked.

“Yes.” Kara signed in and smiled.

“Okay Kara, come on back, Nancy will take you to the room.”

JC followed as the two of them went to the exam room. “Okay Kara, I see that you have a guest with you. “

Kara smiled as JC got a little uncomfortable sitting there. He smiled and looked around.

“That’s my fiancé` Josh, and he’s the father.” Kara smiled.

“I knew that Kara. Hello nice to meet you.” The nurse said.

“Hi Nice to meet you too.” JC said feeling a little more comfortable.

The three of them made small talk as the nurse got Kara prepped for the doctor. JC smiled as he felt really at ease with this lady. He found out that he had delivered Brianne and that she loves Kelly and Joey was the same way when he first came too. She said that they hold a strict policy in the office that anything that happens there is under complete secrecy and that they will keep the wishes of the parents to not under ANY circumstances leak, pictures or any other info for that matter.

“And that’s a sure fact.” Dr. Covucci said as she entered the exam room.

“Hello Alicia,” Kara said as she greeted the doctor on a first name basis.

“Kara, I am so happy to see you and on what I see here is great circumstances.” The doctor hugged Kara as if they were old friends.

JC sat there and stared. He then coughed to get the attention of the doctor.

Kara chuckled as she said, “Where are my manners, Alicia this is Josh, Josh this is Dr. Alicia Covucci, a friend of Kelly’s and mine from back in the day, and well the best obgyn who will be taking care of us.”

“Josh, I have to say it is wonderful to meet you.” Dr. said as she shook hands with JC. She didn’t have the start struck attitude he originally thought he was going to encounter and that shocked and pleased him at the sametime.

“So, Kara I see here that you have took a pregnancy test and you had a positive result.” Alicia said as she washed her hands and looked back at Kara.

“Yes, I took it two weeks ago. IT was positive as well as the other one I took last night. I wanted to make extra sure.” Kara said as she heard JC chuckle. “Well that and the fact that I’m tired, and nauseous, threw up this morning too. “

“Well being that you have the three classic symptoms and the three positive tests I can tell you that you are pregnant. Let’s see how far along you are then and see how things are going.” Alicia said as she got the sonogram machine. “Kara why don’t you get the little slip that’s in that changing room and come back and get on the table.

A few moments later Kara was up on the table and getting prepped. JC sat there not knowing where to go. Kara looked at him and smiled sensing his nerves and said, “Josh why don’t you come here and sit next to me so you can see what I’m seeing.”

JC went to the stool that was by Kara’s side and sat down as he did he saw the doctor take a probe thing covered in what looked like a condom and lube. “This will be a little odd Kara, just take some deep breaths okay?”

Kara shook her head yes as she felt the object intrude her. She looked to JC who took her hand and held it giving it a reassuring squeeze. She looked at him as he winked at her then looked at the screen.

“Okay Kara, ready to see what’s made you sick the past two weeks?” Alicia turned on the smaller screen in front of both Kara and JC.

JC and Kara both looked at the screen in front of them. Kara gasped and held on to JC’s hand. Next thing he heard was a sound of a fast thumping. “What’s that?” JC said as he looked to the doctor.

“That, Josh, is your baby’s heart beat. If you look at the screen you can see it too.” The doctor pointed it out.

JC looked to the screen to see a small flutter. There it was. His child. It was no bigger than a peanut and it was living and had a beating heart.



And there it was, right in front of him. His wife to be and his baby. A baby he created with Kara. He made love to her and their love for each other created this life that had a beating heart and from what Dr. Covucci showed them was doing very well.



“Alright Kara, keep on the vitamins and keep some small snacks in your bag to help with the nausea. If you feel the start of it eat a few crackers with peanut butter or something along those lines. How are you with the caffeine?” the doctor asked.



“Well I have not had any coffee I have limited myself to a cup of tea in the morning. That's all.” Kara said as she got dressed.



“Good keep it that way and JC?” the doctor turned to him



“Y-yes?” JC stuttered as he looked at the still screen.



Dr. Covucci smiled as she said, “Keep this girl grounded, no stress and no heavy lifiting. She likes to be independent but make sure you help her.”



“Oh I will. Belive me I will.” He said.



Kara smiled as she made her next appointment and walked out with JC. He stopped her in the parking lot and held her close. He looked into her eyes and stared.



Kara looked at him as his face was serious but soft. She teared up as she knew he was there not because he had to be there like she felt the one time “he” was there but because JC wanted to be there with her.



JC wipped the tear from her eye and said, “I love you now more than I could have ever thought. I love you and this baby and Carly. Don't be mad at her and I. I-” he was cut off by Kara's soft lips kissing his. He held her there.



When Kara pulled away she said, “I know and I'm sorry for not telling you. I-I'm was used to doing this on my own.”



“You are not alone baby...” JC said as he hugged her “you'll never be alone again.”



And he meant it.



But could Kara believe him? Only time will tell.



Chapter End Notes:
if its raw it's because i haven't editied this chaper yet...i will when i can.  Hope it fed your need for now. 


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc