Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry for the long pause with this story...life got hectic...but it's back and here is the next chapter and i am in the process of finishing up the next one

NOT my best again but better than nothing  

To say that the past two weeks had flown by would be a joke. Kara felt as if they had just gotten there two days ago and, now it was time to go back on the road with the crew. She enjoyed the time she had spent with her family. She knew she was going to see them for the closing show in Orlando in less than three weeks but even at that, she was going to miss them. Hell, she was going to miss JC's parents too.


“Kara baby, you in here?” JC called out as he was on the search for her. He had a feeling he would find her back in the guest house they had called home for the past two weeks.


“Back here.” Kara said as she wiped the single tear she felt fall to her cheek. She was trying her best to not show that she was a little sad.


“Hey,” JC said as he saw her standing in the bed room. He saw the tears threaten to spill on Kara's eyes and knew. He went to her with open arms and said, “Need a hug sweetie.”


Kara smiled slightly and went right into his open arms that were awaiting her. She sighed and said, “Forgive me sweetie, I always get weepy when I leave here.”


“Hey I know how it feels, you saw me the day we left Chicago and meeting my parents, I was all quiet and silent. You knew then that it was because I missed them like all hell. Hell I am gonna miss both your parents AND mine this time round. But know this, we will see them very soon, okay?”


Kara nodded her head, “Carly told you I was most likely in here getting a little sad right?”


JC just stood there and pulled her in to a tight hug. He held her as he felt her relax. “Baby, you are gonna see both parents in a little over two weeks, plus your mom, my mom, and all girls will be doing wedding shopping stuff...by the time they are there for two days you might want to scream.”


Kara laughed, “Eh you might be right, just I hate having to leave them. Hey look at it this way while I get to shop you are going to be moving one house into your house. With my father...and your father. I know your dad might be easy to take but my dad can be a little bit of a pain.”


JC sighed, “True, but that's where the others come in.”


Kara laughed, “Ha, yeah okay. You got Justin who will complain bout having to help, Chris who is going to play pranks on everyone, and then the only two that I know will help you out. Lance and Joey.”


JC looked at her, “Dam, even my fiance` knows my friends all too well.”


“Aw baby don't worry you still have Tyler to help too,” Kara said.


JC bent down and kissed Kara, “See we got each other not missing our parents already.”


“Eh, I will miss them a little less.” Kara said smiling up.


Carly smiled as she looked at the two. Then made her usual, “Ugh you guys are so lovey dove gross.”


“Would you rather us be nasty evil and fighting?” Kara said.


“No...not at all.” Carly said.


“What's up? Johnny here yet?” JC asked


“Yeah, and Kara he just got a call something about the hotel not getting the reservations for the crew and all?” Carly said,


Kara looked. Wait a minute I was on the phone all day yesterday making sure that everything was set for this week and they said yes. I faxed all this information to them and to the intern yesterday to make sure they finalized...” Kara stopped what she was saying and went to her phone...she hit speed dial and heard, the new intern on the phone, “Macy it's Kara, tell me you called the hotel and finalized...wait what do you mean you forgot...I CALLED THREE TIMES YESTERDAY AND ASKED YOU SAID IT WAS BEING TAKEN CARE OF...The faxes and emails all said this was URGENT!!” Kara asked JC for her bag along with the hotel information and he handed it to her.


Just at that time Johnny came in and saw Kara on the phone he heard her outside starting to scream at someone, “Hey C, what's up with wonder woman.”


“Well if I am hearing right the intern that is at the WEG building didn't lock in the reservations for DC and there is now a snag that they don't have all 300 rooms for us tonight.” JC said as he heard Kara groan loud he went on, “And Kara is about to blow up.”


“Who was supposed to call the hotel?” Johnny asked watching Kara grab her folder that had DC visit on it.


Carly said, “That moron Twinkies for brains Macy. Johnny I called her while on the road in Chicago and she didn't know who I was. She thought I was another fan trying to score tickets or something...it took Justin AND sir Lance-a-lot to get her to understand who the hell I was.”


Johnny went to Kara. He saw her eyes go wide and get nervous. He put his hand out as she was on the phone. He heard Kara say, “Macy, someone is in front of me that wants to talk to you...no IT'S NOT ONE OF THE GUYS!...Just....HERE.” Kara passed Johnny the phone as she looked at the laptop in front of her and grabbed the phone number for the hotel. She looked to Johnny who was now talking sharp but quietly to Macy. She only heard his end of the conversation but sna.pped out of it in less than a second as she had bigger things to deal with. “Carly, I need your cell for a few.”



Carly handed her stepmother the cell phone. She loved to see Kara spring into action and take matters that someone screwed up and make it all better. She was never like that when it came to being around her father. She smiled as she went to JC and stood next to him and Justin, where Justin was completely amazed by how Kara was getting to the bottom of all problems and getting to them as fast as possible.


“Yes...okay so you didn't cancel out the rooms? Okay what time can they be ready?...we are leaving here..hold on,” Kara turned to JC


JC smiled and looked at her and said, “We are leaving at 12:00 noon today.”


Kara laughed and said, “We are leaving at 12:30...this afternoon...and if I am correct we are going to take a fast rest stop in Delaware...Yes figure we will be checking in no later than 7pm tonight..right correct...what is your name again? Charles are you going to be there when we check in tonight so that I can know that all is taken care of and figured out? Perfect...yes we will see you tonight...thanks bye.” Kara shut the phone and smiled as she handed it to Carly. “Thanks missy.”


“No problem boss lady. Need I remind you that JC and Justin were totally turned on by the fact that you just took that disaster and fixed it in like what...how long was it Timberlake?” Carly asked


“First of all, no I wasn't that turned on I just liked how she took charge...reminded me of a girl I used to know. And second that whole disaster took less than 45 minutes to take care of, “ Justin said as he got to Carly he stood before her straight faced and said, “and as for you Carly, I'd watch where I sleep tonight...you never know...you never know.”



Twenty minutes later after a teary good bye to Kara's family and loading on the buses, yet not without a fun filled prank from Carly, they were on the road and Kara was just finishing with the last of the emails from the morning fiasco. She smiled as she saw JC walk into the TV room with their guest rider Johnny.


Just as Kara realxed and was ready to sign off her email accounts, Kara saw that she had an email in her personal account. One that only her friends and family only knew. She saw an unknown name but saw the subject. Curiosity got the best of her so she signed in.


FROM: UNKNOWN

TO: Kara1123

SUBJECT: WATCH YOUR BACK


I AM WATCHING YOU...YOU KNOW WHO I AM AND YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS ABOUT. YOU WILL NOT FIND ME BUT I CAN GARUNTEE THAT I KNOW WHERE YOU ARE AND WHAT IS GOING ON...THAT YOU ARE NOW TAKING MY MAN FROM ME. KNOW THIS...I WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN...I WILL HAVE HIM BACK...WATCH YOURSELF IN DC BITCH...AND YOUR SO-CALLED-DAUGHTER TOO.


ILL BE WATCHING.


FROM:


YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO BY NOW!



Kara saw this message and froze.


JC not missing a beat saw her face fall and went to her. He saw the message and got Johnny's attention right away.


Johnny not missing a beat looked at the message, and in a moment was out of the room with Kara's laptop as well as the security.



Kara sat as the guards all talked outside about security for her, Carly and extra for JC.  She was scared no doubt about that, but more for Carly then anyone else.  She didn’t want to show fear to anyone so she sat quietly. 

 

JC didn’t miss a beat of how Kara was acting about the email that was sent to her.  He knew who it was from and how she was trying to play it off.  But deep down, Kara was shocked, frightened and well just scared.  He sat next to her and touched her.  His thought on her being scared was confirmed when she jumped a little.


“Hey, you okay?” JC asked.


Kara couldn’t lie. Not to him at least.  She shook her head and felt the tears threaten to fall.   She didn’t want to talk so she just shook her head no. 


JC knowing how scary something like this is, pulled her to her feet and told the guards they were going to the bunk area.  He opened her bunk and let her in and then lay down next to her.  The minute he closed the drape he felt her arms go around him.  “Shh…you will be safe.  I promise you that.”  JC said.


“What the hell does she want from us?  I don’t understand.”  Kara cried.  She knew that something like this could happen.  Hell this nutcase did this before to JC when he was dating around.  She had seen it and knew she was crazy.  But to have her do this now, just was scary.  True she saw it coming back in LA but she didn’t expect it to be this fast.


“I wish I knew baby.  But I know this, we are going to have you and Carly protected until we can get a restraining order.  That is going on as of right now. I guarantee when we get to our stop, Johnny will be letting you know you are set and protected anywhere we go.  If she’s there she WILL and I mean WILL, be arrested on the spot.”  He felt Kara continue to cry.  He didn’t want her to feel powerless.  He thought of a song to sing to hum it…it was a song he knew pulled her out of crappy times before.


“When the rain falls down it/s the only way it gets better...when the rain is falling down…then I know I can make it through”  JC sang.


Kara looked to JC as he ended the little part of the song he sang, “You remember when u heard that?”  she asked.

JC looked down to her and gave her a small smile as he wiped away the tear that was falling from her eyes.  He said, “I do, I remember you telling me that song always helped you with Nate, and…it’s gonna help you through this,”  he then went on, “well that and me.”


Kara looked up at him and smiled a little, she kissed him.  When she pulled away she said, “I’m still scared.”


JC pulled her close to him and said, “I know, and it’s okay to be but, this will be over before you know it.”


Kara snuggled into him and sighed as she said, “I hope so.”


JC whispered, “It will.”


Only problem was he was hoping so too.


Chapter End Notes:

oooh....things dont look the way they seem...trust me on that...

I missed this story and im glad im getting it back to write bout it.

Review...please 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc