Author's Chapter Notes:
okay i sort of had writers block during this chapter but i think all in all it came out well...at least i hope it did....enjoy.
 

Kara sat in the car on the way to the venue and started to have second thoughts. She didn't know how the audience was going to be when she sang with the group.

 

True the moment the guys all heard that she was singing the song with them they all jumped on her. Literally. She was in a huge N sync family hug that she couldn't get out of, even if she tried she didn't want to.

 

Carly was psyched to see her on stage. She had heard all the stories and even got to see tapes of Kara in her high school and college days singing and dancing. Carly knew she had to get in the pic pit tonight to get pictures of her on stage. She knew this was most likely going to be a once in a life time.

 

Now that Kara was at the venue she did her true job firs. She got all the guy's equipment ready for tonight. She ran over the list that she made for the venues to make sure that all the guys...minus Joey had everything they wanted or could need.

 

“Okay, Chris' pixy stix, check. Justin's water, tea, and snacks for after sound check....check. Lance's things...check. Josh's candy, check, his snack for tonight, check.” she was cut off by a pair of strong and familiar arms wrapping around her waist.

 

“A sexy assistant making sure her fiance` is happy” JC said as he turned Kara around so they were face to face. He smiled as she smiled back up and gave him a sweet kiss.

 

Kara laughed as she pulled away and said, “Check.”

 

JC smiled as he held her for a moment. “I got worried for a moment, Justin told me you'd be back here working.”

 

“Well, yeah. I still am the personal assistant to all you crazy men.” Kara said as she finished her check list and put her clip board down.

 

“True. But Johnny is here, he wants to see you for a moment.” JC said. He saw the look on Kara's face and saw nervousness. He smiled, “Don't worry baby, you've got this in the bag.”

 

Kara wiped her already sweaty palms on her jeans and took JC's hand. They walked to the stage and when Kara saw Johnny on the stage she froze.

 

“You okay sweetie?” JC became worried seeing Kara tun a shade paler than he'd like to see and then worry lined on her face.

 

Kara stayed there and said to JC, “I'm fine I just need a moment to pep talk myself. Its been way too long since I had to sing and I am a little more nervous than I want to be. Just...just tell Johnny I will be there in a moment. I love you baby.” Kara said.

 

JC smiled as he bent down to kiss her, “Take a minute collect yourself, ill tell Johnny that you were on a call or something, I gout your back baby.”

 

Kara smiled brightly, “How the hell did I strike gold when I met you.”

“You know I ask myself that all the dam time too,” JC said as he kissed her again, “I say it's fate.”

 

Kara smiled as she felt him walk away and smiled. She saw JC go to Johnny and she went behind the black curtian that blocked her from the guys view.

 

“what the hell is you problem, you got this in the bag, just go do what he wants you to do.” Kara had to give herself a fast pep talk. She took a deep breath and walked to where JC, Joey, and Johnny were standing.

 

Johnny smiled as he saw her walk towards them. “Hello my lovely Kara, how are you?”

 

Kara smiled, she was almost nervous to speak but in the last moment she found her voice and courage, “I am great Johnny. I must say my parents were thrilled to meet you last night. My dad is also very happy to help you out this year with the lighting, if you need him ever again, he's MORE then willing to help out. Direct quote from him, not me.”

 

“Well when I see your father later tonight I will make sure to tell him he's got two more tours, maybe three this year and he's gonna have some more lighting to do for some other event, from what I have heard.” Johnny picked up Kara's left hand and saw the ring on her finger. He smiled and went in and gave her a huge hug, “Congratulations, I am really happy for the two of you. Sad I lost 50 bucks to each of the guys. I had you two would have been married by now but I guess then knew it would take time for you both.”

 

Kara laughed as she said, “Thanks Johnny, it means a lot that you are happy.”

 

“So,” Johnny started as he looked at her, “I hear that you have a little secret you have kept from us, for two years.”

 

Kara shrugged, “I have no clue what you are talking about. That I had a thing for JC? Ha everyone knew that, we just needed to hold it to timing.” she smiled as she made the comment

 

That comment made her and Johnny more at ease, “No I mean the tape I got from your stepdaughter Carly, I gotta say, you got a set of vocal cords on you Kara.”

 

“She gave you my old demo?” Kara was shocked, she didn't know if she was gonna punish Carly for a month or hug her to death.

 

“Yes, Carly also gave me her pictures to give to whomever you want after the press conference for announcing your engagement. But I have to say the demo....blew my dam mind.” Johnny said.

 

Kara had blinked twice as she listened to his words. “It did?”

 

“Yes, Kara what the hell are you doing being an assistant and hiding that voice. It's amazing.” Johnny said

 

Kara said, “In all honesty, Johnny I was going to shop myself around when I moved to Orlando, but I realized I need to be with Carly too. If I could and can do what these guys, well mostly JC does, I would make an album in a moment. I have wanted that for so long.”

 

Johnny looked at her and said, “Sing tonight with the boys. I have a feeling we can make an agreement we all can be happy with. I will talk with you after the tour.” Johnny said, then said, “Oh can u sing for me just here and now?”

 

Kara smiled as she looked to the guys, seeing if someone can play the piano.

 

Joey said, “How bout if I play that one song you did the other night, for good? With JC.”

 

Kara shrugged her shoulders then looked to JC. He smiled as he went to grab two microphones. He handed one to her and smiled to Johnny as the piano started. “ready Johnny?”

 

Johnny stood there shook his head and started to listen. From the first time he heard her voice, on the tape he knew he had something there.”

 

 

 

SIX HOURS LATER::::SHOWTIME:::

 

Kara smiled as she looked out to the crowd and saw the audience enjoying the night. If any butterflies she had before were gone by now other than her usual first time back on stage ones. She knew she had HUGE shoes to fill.

 

Kara took another sip of water and looked at the set list, right now she could hear Chris on stage doing his song. Next was Justin doing one of his songs then the JC went out with Lance and they did their little speech then they would start singing “Music of My Heart.”

 

“Kara, you ready?” Justin went looking for her. He smiled when he saw her walk towards him and smile a little bit.

 

“As ready as I'll ever be.” Kara smiled trying her best to get her anxiety down to a minimum. She saw Justin smile at her.

 

“Hey no worries, you got this.” Justin said.

 

“I know...where is Carly, my family...” Kara was trying her best to take her mind of the fact that in less five minutes she was going on stage to sing.

 

“Your family is with JC's family who are all in the Club box, Carly is in her spot in the pit taking tons of pictures with Johnathan, helping her,” Justin said then added, “He's got a thing for your girl.”

 

Kara smiled at the thought and said, “Vice versa, but in all honesty, he's just what she needed this summer.”

 

“Well don't tell her but he's not leaving in three weeks” Justin said as he got to his mark to walk out on stage.

 

“What?” Kara said as she grabbed her in ear monitor and mic.

 

“See I got you to be less nervous we will talk later. Kill the song with us Kar!”

She was bout to say something when she heard Chris and JC start to talk. “How's New York feeling tonight?!” Chris said as the noice went up about 50 decibels. Chris smiled, “Wow. Well I gotta say you guys here tonight lets us know that getting back together this summer was the best thing we could have done. We are so thrilled to be here tonight.”

 

JC smiled as he looked to the side of the stage. This was part of the act they all knew about. JC had sent out a press release earlier that day announcing that he and Kara were engaged. Chris smacked him and he said, “WHAT?” he said

 

“Dude, stop staring at your soon to be wife there. And help me?”

 

“Oh sorry dude, uh...we are going to do a song that means more than the world to us. Now we were supposed to have the original singer come tonight but she was away and could not be here.”

 

The boos, made Kara a little more nervous as she looked at JC who winked, Chris kept going, “It's okay cus we found a singer in somone who we never thought had a voice. Please give her a chance when she comes out as we sing.”

 

Just then the band began to play and the crowd started to roar. Kara felt the energy, like she used to feel when she would during her hay day when she was in college doing plays and singing for the hell of it at competitions all the time.

 

You'll never know
What you've done for me
What your faith in me
Has done for my soul...

Kara felt the butterflies as she heard Justin singing. She saw Carly in the pit as they made eye contatc and she gave her a “thumbs up” for encouragement.


You'll never know
The gift you've given me..
I'll carry it with me (yeah...yeah...)


Through the days ahead
I think of days before
You made me hope for something better (yes you did)
And made me reach for something more

Kara closed her eyes as she did whenever she listened to this song in the past and let JC's voice calm her. She then opened her eyes. She heard them sing the chorus and got herself ready to start walking out.


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes

You've opened the door
To something I've never known before
And your love...
(love)
Is the music of my heart.. (music of my heart)

“Ladies and Gentlemen, JC's fiance....THE FUTURE MISS KARA CHASEZ.” Joey yelled to the crowd that started to roar as Kara walked out and started to sing


You were the one
Always on my side (always on my side)
Always standing by (always standing by)
Seeing me through

You were the song that always made me sing
I'm singing this for you (singing this for you baby)

Kara ended up near JC and Justin as she was singing and as she let the words come from within her she let her nerves and fears be melted away and was replaced with the adrenaline the guys always got after a show and she took the ride.


Everywhere I go
I think of where I've been (think of where I've been)
And of the one who knew me better
Than anyone ever will again

Carly watched her stepmother with pure pride as she saw her wink at her from her spot on the stage. Calry stopped taking pictures for a moment and felt her eyes well up with tears. Not tears of sadness but tears of joy. The joy she saw in Kara's eyes made Carly happier then ever.


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (you opened the door)
To something I've never known before...
And your love...(your love)
Is the music of my heart

Kara walked back to center stage with JC as they sang the next part smiling with each other and let the emotion of the song and their voices take the whole song over.


What you taught me
Only your love could ever teach me
You got through when no one could reach me
Ohh...ohh...ohh


Cause you always saw in me
All the best that I could be
It was you who set me free...

The music stopped as the whole group with Kara sang the next few lines acapella, the crowd went wild as all six people on stage sang in perfect harmony.


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart
Help me hear the music of my heart

Kara smiled as she walked around the stage singing and just loved every moment. She looked back to JC as he smiled at her walking, singing and feeding the crowd the energy she was getting from them.

 


You taught me to run
You taught me to fly
Helped me to free the me inside (me inside)
Help me hear the music of my heart (music of my heart)
Help me hear the music of my heart
You've opened my eyes
You've opened the door (opened the door)
To something I've never known before (never, never, felt before)
And your love...
Is the music of my heart..

Kara and the guys all gathered to center stage as the song was coming to an end. Kara was smiling as she finished the song with the guys.


Music of my heart
Music of my heart
Is the music of my heart.
..

JC smiled as he saw Kara wave one more time to the crowd and then walked off stage with everyone. When they all got back stage he scooped Kara up in his arms and kissed her again.

 

“So?” he asked as he looked at her. He knew that look all to well it was the same he had after their first performance. It was pure pride and the thrill of the crowd . He knew she wasn't going to do this all the time but he knew he pulled something out of her she needed to do for a long time.

 

“I love you Josh.” Kara said as she heard her name being chanted. She walked back out on stage and bowed with the group again. She loved the feeling of the stage. But knew she had a lot to thing and talk about with her family and most importantly, JC.

 

She knew she wanted to do this but she had to find a way to get to do this on her terms and her way.

But was that going to be possible? Only time and a meeting with Johnny would tell.

 

 

Later that night she sat at the piano in the guest house. She couldn't sleep from the high she was still on and from the questions she had in her head.

 

JC saw Kara sitting on the bench of the piano and he knew she was confused and nervous. He knew it all to well he went to her and said, “Penny for a pretty girls thoughts.'

 

Kara looked at JC, she sighed, “I am just thinking, JC I love you and I love what you do. Shit I loved being out on that stage tonight, but...I...I'd rather just....well” Kara was cut off by JC hugging her.

 

His hug told her what she needed to hear, but he said it anyways, “Baby, if you don't wanna do this then don't you can do whatever you want. I will NEVER get angry at you for doing what YOU want to do.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “Well I love to sing but I'd rather keep it to the people that mean close to me. That would be, my family, close friends, and most importantly...you and me...but.”

 

JC smiled as he said, “But?”

 

Kara breathed in deep then said, “I want to make one album....just one...duets with mostly you and the guys...i want it to be released as a band album for you all. It will be like a one hit wonder for me while it will be a best ever for all. If I make this I want to have freedom to pick, songs and write. And I want the album to drop silently.”

 

JC looked to her and smiled, “Like a shhh...this came out on the sly and if people get it they do...if not no biggie you did it on your own terms.”

 

Kara smiled as she said, “yes.”

 

JC smiled as he said, “I love that idea. We will talk bout it tomorrow, but right now...” JC said as he picked Kara up and carried her to the bedroom. She was squealing and laughing as he did so.

 

JC smiled down at Kara, he went in for what was supposed to be a fast kiss but turned into a slow, deep kiss. When he pulled away he said, “I love you Kara.”

 

Kara smiled up as she kissed JC again ans said, “I love you too, and thank you for giving me the best time I ever had.”

 

JC said, “Just wait sweetheart there are more best days to come....just wait and see.”

 

Kara smiled as she flipped the two of them over and was straddling him now taking her top off. She then said, “Why wait. Show me a little something now.”

 

JC smiled as he flipped her over and kissed her. He let his kiss, hands and body do the showing as he said, “your wish is my command sweet baby.”

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

song credit.....music of my heart:: nsync and gloria estefan  :) always has been one of my favorites and always will be

 

Next up: Carly's Party....DC....and....Kara begins to feel as if she's not good enough...after one encounter during their stay in DC.

 

Review please...i know this might not have been my best but I like how it turned out...writers block kills at times.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc