Author's Chapter Notes:

Here it is another update in less than a week...

 I am on the way to writing the next one and all i gotta say is get ready....;)

On with the story.....

 

Two days later.

 

Kara woke up to the sound of her alarm going of. She was too comfy to get out of bed. She was about to reach when JC snuck up behind her and hit the button. She smiled as she felt his arms go around her.

 

“Morning, sleepy.” she said.

 

“Morning Beautiful.” JC said kissing her bare neck. He felt her sigh as she melted into his body.

He asked, “How are you today? Nervous, Scared, Tired, Sad?”

 

Kara rolled over and looked into JC's eyes. She loved the look on his face. It was a look of worry but out of love. She sighed again and started answering his questions.

 

“Nervous, no way. Scared, lil bit but not too much to let it get to me. Tired, yes since we were up doing....well you know.” She laughed as she then got quiet, “Sad...to be honest, yes. Im sorry if that's not what you want to hear but,” she was cut off by a soft slow sweet kiss from JC.

 

“Its your feelings baby, I know you are sad. If it was me, I would be the same way. And hey, I am here for you to crumble and cry or beat...just not to bad I bruse too easily. Whatever you need to let out I will be there for you and let you let it all out. You and Carly.” JC said

 

Kara then sighed again. I know she's going to be the hard one I think. I know she was mad at her father and mother for doing what they did. But still they were parents.”

 

JC didn't know what to say, “Wow, yeah I know, well I don't know what it's like to lose my parents the way she did but still.”

 

“Just promise me one thing baby?” Kara asked as she sat up.

 

“Anything baby.” He said

 

“I can take whatever is said to me but if Carly falls...” She started.

 

“I will Catch her right away. Both of you. I am here for the both of you baby.” JC said.

 

I smiled and knew in a moment, that I would be okay.

 

Wrong. I would be great!

 

 

 

THREE HOURS LATER:

 

“So Ms. Evans, this is the last step of the closing. I hope you read everything over?” Ms Klein said as she went on.

 

“Yes, I did. Twice. And I had my lawyer read them too.” I said.

The middle aged woman smiled as she said, “Okay. I did get the people you needed me to contact to move everything that was personal to you out. I have them right here and there was one last thing.”

 

Kara sat up a little and looked at her, “What was it?”

 

“Well,” The lady took her glasses off and pulled out two envelopes out. “I am guessing they were from your husband. There is one for you Mrs. Evans and another one for Carly.” She said.

 

Carly sat straight up. “Huh?” Carly saw the Envelope with her name in her fathers writing in front of her. She looked to Kara as if she didn't know what to do.

 

“Carly baby, you can wait if you want to read it.” Kara said putting a hand on her back.

 

Carly shook her head and took the letter. “Can I go somewhere alone for a moment to read this?”

 

Ms. Klein smiled softly as she pointed behind her, “There's a sitting room behind me sweetheart. You can go in there.”

 

Carly slowly got up with the letter in her hand. She went from anxious to sad to nervous as to what was going to be said in that letter.

 

“Carly if you need me sweetie, I am right here.” Kara said as she looked to her.

 

“O...Okay” Carly then walked in to the room and shut the door. Leaving the world behind her.

 

“Kara, Mr. Knight and myself will go into the other room to give you a moment to read the letter.” The broker said.

 

 

Kara took the letter and started to open it as Greg her attorunery, the broker left. She saw JC get up to leave and she placed a hand on his arm. “You stay here.”

 

JC sat back down. “You got it baby.” he saw her open the letter and began to read.

 

 

Dear Kara,

 

I know if you are reading this letter then something happened to me and or to us.

 

First let me tell you how I love you. I love how you can give me everything that a man wants and needs and how you care so much for my daughter. Don't ever for a second think she is not yours. She in your heart is yours.

 

I know the past few months have been hell for you and knowing I am the reason that you are being put through this hell is not good. I remember I promised you that I would never break your heard and I lied. Maybe one day you can find it in your heart to find forgiveness for me and what I did. If not I understand fully. I don't forgive myself at all.

 

If you got this letter it means I have passed on before I could tell you everything I wanted to before you got to this point.

 

I love you. I always will love you Kara. I never wanted what happened between the two of us to but it just did. I hope that someday you will find someone who loves you as much...no scratch that...better then I did. You deserve better than I ever did. Not just for you but for my daughter Carly.

 

Promise me one thing Kara. No matter what happens you will always have the best intentions for her. She is going to have so many questions as to why everything happened. I hope you can give her and show her the love I know you have for her. Take her and mold her into the woman I know you to be and let her know that I will be watching her from afar and that I want her to be whatever she decides to be.

 

As for you...go live your life better. Better than what I was giving you. Have fun. Fall in love freely knowing that whomever is your soul mate is the one that you love fully. Never give up on your dreams and always remember I might not be the person you love anymore, but I will forever be an angel, watching over you making sure from now on you are happy and live your life to the fullest, with Carly by your side.

 

I will always be your friend and thank you for putting up with me.

 

Truly,

Nathan.

 

 

Kara felt the tears fall as she handed JC the letter.

 

JC read the letter alone as he held Kara next to him. He looked to her as she dried her eyes. “You okay baby?”

 

Kara looked to him and said, “Yeah, I just want to respond to that when we get to the Grave.”

 

Kara then went to the door as she saw Carly come out, with red eyes.

 

“Carly you okay?” JC asked.

 

Carly handed Kara the letter and said, “I miss him but, that's nothing new.”

 

Kara looked at Carly then at the letter, “May I?”

 

Carly shook her head as JC pulled her in for a hug. Fresh tears starting as he hugged her tight. Trying his best to give her comfort.

 

Kara sat back down and began to read the letter.

 

My dearest daughter Carly,

 

Baby girl. I am so very sorry for all the problems I have put you thorough in your life. From being an absent father and not being at every little thing, to putting you after your mother Lucy. Just know I never meant to do this to you.

By now you know from reading this letter, I have passed on. I am so very sorry. I love you more than you will ever know.

 

Know that Kara is the best person that ever happened to the both of us. I am watching from above seeing how you are turning into a beautiful woman. More and more everyday you are looking like your mother. Don't thing I can't see what you are doing. I see it everyday. I am your guardian angel. As well as Kara's too. I have brought whomever she has moved on because you BOTH need him. He is what I should have been as a father as Kara is to you what your mother never was. Or was a little too late. She might hate me for saying that but it's true. She might not have cared for you the way you wanted, but you have Kara now. She's your mother.

 

I give you this message now...live your life how you want. Don't for a moment give up your dreams because someone is telling you that you can't do it or because they want you to do something they want you to do. If whatever you are doing now makes you happy....keep doing it. Don't be like me and mouth off to people. Know when you fall in love, keep the love real. Don't take it for granted like I did with your mother, and even worse, Kara. I know I screwed her up but she's got someone now who is better for her and I will never haunt her for falling again. Don't hate her for falling in love again, be happy and make sure he takes care of you.

 

 

I must stop now sweetie, I love you, I always have and always will. I will be watching over you as your angel, and know if you ever need me I won't be far. As the one song you mother sang to me from heaven, “you have changed me for the better...and you have changed me. For good.”

 

 

I will always love you.

 

Dad~

 

 

By the time Kara finsished she looked up to see Carly standing near her. Kara knew she didn't need words. She got up put her arms around Carly and hugged her.

 

 

 

 

*******AT THE CEMETERY******

 

Kara and Carly walked to the plots that were 100 feet away from the car they drove to the cemetery. Kara looked to Carly and placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

Carly looked up to Kara and said, “You can go first. I want to talk to my mother first.”

 

Kara smiled down as she saw her mother move to the site next to her.

 

Kara touched the stone that she picked up and then laid down the white roses she got for his site. She looked to JC who was standing a few feet away. She sighed and spoke,

 

“Thank you for the note Nate. I know you didn't meant to hurt me. It happened. I read your letter and to let you know as you have seen if you have been watcing, I am living a good life now. I have a great job, family that supports me better than ever, and to boot I fell in love again. He's been here with me through everything I have been through and showed me that I can love again. Best part he cares for Carly.” she said as she saw Carly stand near her. She then felt JC's arms around her and she looked up to his eyes. Then went back to the Stone and said, “You can move further into heaven Nate, I'll....no Carly and I will be okay. We have all the support and love we could ever ask for and then some more. Just if you are listening and watching, don't let my heart be broken again. Let me love the way I tried to love you and you couldn't let me.” Kara felt a tear slip as she kissed her hand and placed it on the stone.

 

Carly looked to the stone. She put a red rose down and started speaking, “I...I love you so much daddy. I miss you very much but you did good by sending someone for me and Kara.” She sighed as she looked at the grave. “I still hate you and mom for what you put Kara through, that won't change....wait I can't say I hate you...as you used to tell me, I am disapointed for what you put her through. But I guess love gave you the last laugh.” Carly looked back to Kara and JC she then went on, “Look at Kara now dad, she's happy. She's doing things she hadn't done while she was with you because she was scared. She's doing it now. Shes able to love herself and someone else. And she'll be happy knowing she can love again.”

 

“I know you don't like me talking like that. But I have wanted to say that for the longest time. I love you still but, I can't get over how you could do that to her.” Kara then kissed her hand and then placed it on the grave stone. “She's happy now...and I am happy. I will hold a place in my heart, and don't always watch over me. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good”

 

Carly had a tear fall but then looked to the family she has grown to know in the past short months.

 

Kara and Carly both walked away from a past of sorrow and looked to the future.

 

A future that showed some promise.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

NEXT UP....A night Kara will never forget...and then some. ;)

 

Review if you want...and if you have been reading til now....thank you it keeps me going with this story.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc