Author's Chapter Notes:

HOLY CRAP...

i first wanna say i am sooo sorry i have been away...i was hit with Irene....luckily my house was not harmed but i was wiht out power for days...then i had to go away on a buisness trip...minus a computer...so i am back and i will post more

 

so here we go JC now meets David and well....read on....

 

 

Kara sat back as she watched the scene in front of her. Carly and her mother were sitting inside looking at all the pictures that Carly had for her portfolio. Margret looking at the pictures and smiling with her daughter.

 

Over on the driveway she saw, Mark, her brother-in-law, Justin, Chris and Joey playing basketball. She saw that It was Justin and Chris against Mark and Joey. She was shocked to see that for a change he was losing. It was rather funny and entertaining.

 

Kara then heard the one person she had missed. Her father.

 

Kara knew, if her mother gave aproval to Josh, her father would in a moment. It was just the nerves of having a guy, no wait, a MAN come with her and introduce him to her father.

 

Kara saw all the guys walk to the deck to make their introductions to her father. She was glad that the guys were all kind enough to show respect for her family even feel comfortable to introduce themselves instead of her doing it. She liked how they all got along. It was like two families joining into one

 

 

She smiled when her father saw her and her face lit up.

 

“My princess,” David said as she fell into his arms and got a big hug from him.

 

“Well...busy working hard, but doing really good daddy.” She said as she turned around and saw JC.

 

David saw how JC looked a little nervous and laughed. He then saw how he looked at Kara and how his daughter looked back at him. It wasn't like when she was with Nathan. She adored him no lie, and he adored her, but David always thought that something was going to happen and his youngest daughter was going to wind up hurt.

 

He was right.

 

“Daddy, this is Josh. Josh this is my father, David” Kara made the introductions and smiled.

 

JC smiled as he stuck his hand out to shake it. He was more surprised to have her father pull him in to a hug.

 

“I don't need to have a hand shake here Josh. I know you are good for my girl.” David said as he pulled away.

 

“Huh?” JC was now confused. As was Kara who had the same look.

 

“Let me tell you something,” David satarted as Margret came to her. “I had the same look on my face almost 40 years ago. Her father knew that I was it for his daughter. I knew the same when it came to her sister Liz and her husband I saw it too. And it makes me happy to know that she found love again, and this time she hit the nail on the head.”

 

JC smiled as he heard this. He shook his hand and told her father, “I know what it's like to be hurt, not what she went through but I know that I will try my best to give her the world. I love Kara that much, David.”

 

“I know son.” David said, “I know”

 

 

JC smiled as he felt Kara hug him and kiss her.

 

 

Later that night::

 

Kara smiled as she finished off her call with the lawyer and everything was set for the day after tomorrow. The guys all argued with Kara too begging to stay at her family's place for the night. She lost the battle but won the battle being able to stay in the guest house with JC. ALONE.

 

Kara walked into the living room and sat next to JC who was holding her godson, Adam. She smiled at how he looked holding him.

 

JC smiled back as he looked form Adam to her and winked. He had this feeling for a while but let it slide as he heard. Her other nephew across the way smiled. “Hey auntie Kara?”

 

“Yes Mark.” She said as she sat there.

 

“Will you play the piano and sing for us?” He asked.

 

All the sudden the room got very quiet and four men, three body guards, all looked to Kara. Kara got a little red in the face and smiled to Mark. She was about to say something. But was cut off by Chris.

 

“You...sing?” He asked

 

“Oh yeah she does.” Margret said smiling brightly bout her daughter.

 

“I...I'm not that good...I” Kara was cut off from her sister.

 

“Only won all teen art contests in High School, started in all the plays, and not to mention sang at my wedding, as well as all our cousin's weddings too.” Liz said

 

All looked to Carly who chimed in, “Its true the nights I couldn't sleep she would sing to me. Right after my father and mother died she would sing every night to me...” Carly looked to Kara who was now shaking her head. “WHAT YOU GOT A VOICE KARA!”

 

Kara sighed as she got up and went to the Piano that was in the living room. She looked at Mark as she started playing the piano to relax her fingers. She then asked him...”what song do you want young one/”

 

Mark looked to the guys and then said, “The one you sang at Uncles funeral”

 

“Change for good?” she asked as Mark shook his head then she said, I need a partner sweetie.

 

JC gave Adam to Liz and said, “I'll sing with you sweetie.”

 

Kara looked from the piano and said, “Okay...I um S....sing Glinda's part you can take Elphaba's parts, I will go to your range, you know the lyrics?”

 

He smiled, “Yeah actually your family as well as us are going the day after your closing to see the play and meet the cast”

 

Kara didn't start singing this yet and started crying. She then started to play the song. She looked to JC's eyes and saw him wink as he stood next to the piano. She took a breath and began to play. JC smiled as he began to sing

 

 

 

(JC):
I'm limited
Just look at me - I'm limited
And just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do, Glinda
So now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you..
.

 

 

Kara took a breath looked to Mark then to JC and started to sing

 

(Kara)
I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them
And we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...

 

Kara had a tear in her eye as she looked to her family and saw them sitting there and listened to the song as she kept singing with JC.

 

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

 

JC smiled as he stood and looked to Kara and kept singing. It was as if this song was meant to be sung by them. It was speaking volumes to him. He looked to the guys who were sitting shocked. He looked back to Kara and went on singing with her.

 


It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetime
So let me say before we part
So much of me
Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart
And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

 

Kara felt JC now standing right in front of her and she opened her eyes with the tears falling down and sang with JC. She never thought she could sing this with anyone else ever again. Long ago she sang this at her uncle's funeral with a friend of hers. But singing this song with JC, and feeling the way she did she knew this was now a special song to them.

 

This was their song.

 

 

(Kara):
Because I knew you

(Both):
I have been changed for good

(JC):
And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the things I've done you blame me for

(Kara):
But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both):
And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Kara):
Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

(JC):
Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a skybird
In a distant wood


(Both):
Who can say if I've been
Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Kara):
And because I knew you...

(JC):
Because I knew you...

(Both):
Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good...

 

 

Kara played the last chords of the song and looked to JC who was now sitting near her. She then kissed him on the lips. She then looked to see her family clapping and saw that the guys were just floored. And they all were clapping and cheering with her family.

 

“Kara.” Justin said.

 

“That was.” Joey said

 

“I can't believe you hide that voice.” Lance said.

 

“Screw her voice...the two of them together.” Chris said in total shock.

 

Kara smiled shyly as she heard the buzz around her. She then looked to JC as he leaned in and kissed her once again. “I love you” he said

 

“I love you too.” Kara said.

 

Kara sat there later that night hearing the song one more time. She looked at a picture she kept in her wallet and put it in the fire place as it burned. It was one of her and Nate. Her past. She then said.

“Thank you Nate, I now can live. Because of you I have been changed.”

 

She then went to JC who slept and slid into the bed and fell asleep with him coming behind her and held her. As she drifted off she felt as if she could take on the world and what was going to come.

 

And boy oh boy what was going to come was going to be big.

 

Only thing was she didn't know how big it was going to be.

Chapter End Notes:

Song Credit....."For Good" from the WICKED soundtrack

 

Next up....Saying Good bye.....

 

Review and thanks for keeping up with me :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc