Author's Chapter Notes:

YEAH YEAH YEAH...sorry i had worked too many hours and was too tired to post this

 

here it is its short but sweet as can be....

 

To say that Kara was distant the past two days would be a mistake. But in JC's eyes he felt that way. He only saw her when they were going to bed. Other than that she was running out going on errands, and on the phone most of they day. What she was doing he had not one clue. He knows when he asked her if she was okay she would say yes and that was it.

 

Last night when she didn't come to the bunk he got worried and saw her sitting in the back TV room with her “note book” out and just staring out the window. He noticed she had been crying.

 

He was now worried to the point he had to get answers. And he knew who to go to.

 

He found Carly the next morning sitting in the kitchen area of the bus. He smiled as he saw her up loading all her pictures she had done to her computer. He loved how she was taking her job with the group seriously and how she loved doing what she did.

 

“You know JC you are really good at sneaking in on people, you should be a spy or something.” Carly said not lifting her head from the computer.

 

JC laughed as he sat down across from her. “I wasn't spying on you oh young one. Actually, I wanted to talk to you about Kara.” JC said.

 

Carly knew this was going to come and she was glad he was here now. The day coming up was going to be one of the hardest days that her mother had to deal with. Carly was of course missing her mom and dad like all hell but she worried bout Kara the past two day.

 

True they were all busy trying to get everything set up for New York and the trip to Jersey but, there was only one other time Carly saw Kara like this.

 

Carly explained to JC that this happened twice before. The first time was when her father had died and she had found out that her mother was supposed to have a baby with her mom. She had been so crushed and broken by it all that she dove herself right into her work and never cared to look back at all. Then one day she just broke an let a flood gate of emotions flow out of her like ever before. Carly felt so bad for Kara. She knew it was gonna happened and when it did Carly could only do the one thing she knew to. She was there to catch her.

 

JC looked as if he had heard his best friend had died, he looked to Carly as she went on about the second time. It was when she found out her Grandfather from her mothers side died. They were back home and they went to her fathers grave site. She stood there stone cold and didn't say a word. Carly of course admitted she cried but Kara just stood there. Then went on her fit of rage and screamed like she did that one day a year and a half before. Carly knew she had more anger than she let on hidden for so long.

 

“I know she doesn't want to burden you with all her sorrow. She works this way its her way of coping with all that has gone on. “ Carly said. She then went to him and said, “you didnt tell her that you were going yet did you?”

 

JC shook his head as he looked down at his hands then back to Carly, “I am a lilttle afraid to tell her. I don't think she wants me there.”

“Trust me she wants you there, she just is not gonna let people see her in this state. She rather be alone in her misery than have the people she loves around her for support.” Carly said, then went on “I am not meaning the guys but you and me...mostly you.”

 

JC smiled as he said, “She in the back?”

 

Carly smiled and nodded as she went back to her work.

 

 

 

JC walked to the back TV room an knocked on the door he heard Kara call to come in. He saw Kara sitting on the couch looking out the window. She looked lost in her thoughts as she sat there. He went behind her and sat next to her. He saw she had tears threatening to spill.

 

“Penny for your thoughts baby.” JC said.

 

Kara took a staggered breath as she then felt his hands go around her waist and his head on her back. If at any time she needed him, it was this whole time. True she had been bottling up her emotions and it was not good to do that but she didn't know how to have someone other than her parents and Carly at her side.

 

Nate never cared to be there for her. She looked to JC and a tear fell. Then another. Kara just sat there and let it go. “ I hate feeling this way. I hate feeling so....so.” Kara lost her thought couldn't find the word.

 

JC looked to her and hit the nail on the head. “Broken.”

 

“Yeah broken. I mean I knew this was going to be tough and wanted to do this alone. To show that bastard of a love I thought loved me that I could be strong alone and not take his crap. I hated how he would tell me crying was for wimps and real women don't cry. So I never did. When he died I cried of course but I felt him sitting there looking at me calling me a baby even from hell or heaven wherever he might be. “ Kara said as she felt JC's arms pull her back to him and he held her. She knew then she could do this.

 

“Go on baby, let it out now. You have to.” JC said as he let her continue.

 

“Wanna know the sickest part. Even though he's been gone for two years I still feel him watching me telling me I will rot alone. Thats what gets me all the fucking time. I meet you and I love you so much but I feel as if he is never going to let me live my life and be with the one man that I love. That makes me feel like he should have.” Kara was now crying so hard.

 

 

JC held on to her and felt her pain. He didn't know how but he felt so sorry for her feeling like this and never being able to get it out. “You do have the right to be happy baby. Kara listen to me, don't let what he put you through or say to you effect how you want to feel. You wanna cry it's okay. You need to talk about how you are scared you can. You have a family that we are bout to see, a family of 300 crew members, 8 bodyguards, 4 brothers two teenagers one whom you are bringing up all on your own and doing a fucking amazing job at, one best friend that thinks of you more like a sister than as a friend and, you have me.” he said

Kara just looked at him. She never heard someone say the things she heard him say. She knew it but it was good to hear it. She was about to talk but then he went on.

 

“I want you to know you are by far not alone on this journey. I want to....no I WILL be there two days from now. I will hold your hand or just stay back but know this if you are going to fall. I will help you back up. I will wait til you are ready to move on and walk right beside you. I love you so much and I do NOT want you to be alone on this.” JC said.

 

Kara smiled a little, “Carly told you that I was being a stubborn bitch bout that part huh?”

 

“Yeah...she and the guys told me I was being a complete ass hole for not telling you sooner that I want to be there for you on a really rough day.” JC said.

 

Kara looked at him and fet a tear fall. She then felt him wipe the tear with his thumb and look at her. She looked down and as if she was a little child looked at him and yawned.

 

“Tired sweetie?” JC asked

 

“Yeah I was trying to get the house I rented out for the month and its all done on top of getting all the other crap I needed to do for New York for the next four days...then we are all stuck together for two weeks after that.” Kara said as she yawned.

 

“Hey I can't wait to just get some rest and be with you and Carly alone.” JC said as he saw Kara yawn again. He looked to her and pulled her in between his legs and let her rest her body against his as she rested her head on his chest. “Take a nap...you don't wanna be tired and exhausted when we see your family.” JC said.

 

Kara sighed as she fell right to sleep on JC with the beat of his heard at her soothing sound.

 

 

 

THREE HOURS LATER:

 

Kara woke up and sighed as she felt relaxed finally. The nap JC let her take on him soothed her and she was ready. She looked up and saw JC smiling down at her with sleepy eyes she laughed as she saw him smile at her. “Like watching me sleep mister Chasez?” Kara asked.

 

“Yes I did.” he said as he streched out.

 

Kara looked at the time then looked out the window and took notice to where they were. She jumped as she looked for her phone.

 

“Hey where's the fire?” JC said as she jumped up.

 

“Well we are 30 minutes away from my parents house and I didn't call to give them fair warning and I want them to know that their house is bout to have 10 new people and oh hey my boyfriend is meeting them for the first time. “

 

“It's done.” JC said

“Huh?” Kara asked as she looked at him.

 

“It's done. While you were sleeping your mother called. I answered the phone and I told her that you were napping since you were up all night long getting last minute things done for us. She didn't want to bother you since she noticed yesterday you were over exhausted. I agree you have been pushing yourslef too much and she likes me already since she can tell I take care of you.” JC said as he smiled like a lil child.

 

“Oh you take care of me?” Kara said as she threw a pillow at him. “So how did my mother sound to you.”

 

“I like her already. If she's anything like you I know I am gonna love her,” JC said as he got up and hugged her “Any ways Carly heard me say the words, Margret and took the phone out of my hands and that was the last I talked to her.”

 

Kara laughed. “She can't wait to see my family. She has been looking to getting spoiled since I had everything arranged.”

 

“She has been up in the front of the bus since bag in hand.” JC said.

 

Kara fixed herself up and looked in the mirror smiling. She too was excited to see her mother.

 

“Oh your mom said that we are having dinner out tonight some place called San...something or other.”

 

“San Caprelli's” Kara said eyes getting wide.

 

“Yeah, she said you all know the manager and we can have the up staris for a small welcome home party and dinner. Its' not far from your home I take it.”

 

“Nope not at all...and its really really really good food!” Kara said smiling.

 

Oh they joys of being home.

 

“KARA WE ARE HOME!” carly yelled as the buses slowed down infront of her home

 

JC knew her parents had money but he didn't know they were loaded. In front of him stood a beautiful well manicured mansion. “Wow.”

 

“Yeah....my dad earned this baby.”

 

“What does your father do for a living.” JC asked.

 

“well you know the lighting for your tour this season?” Kara asked

 

“Yeah.”

 

“My father and the lighting master, created that and my dad helped light the stage...as well as this house, my sisters two towns over, mine in Orlando and Joeys as well.” Kara said as she walked away. She saw him drop his jaw and then she said, “Hey dont look like that my sister is a child psycologist, my mom is a retired teacher, and my brother-in-law is a lawyer at my uncle's firm in the city. We all earned what we got. I didn't have my father.” Kara was cut off as she held his hand.

 

“I know you earned that home you have. It shows in the way you talk bout it.” JC said as he held her hand and they walked into the house full of noise already. JC saw that Carly was giving the introductions to Kara's parents.


“And you know that girl there that's your mama Margret.”

 

Kara smiled and ran to her mother and gave her a long over do hug.

 

“It's been too long mommy.” She said

 

“I know sweetheart, but I see you are being taken care of.” Margret looked back and saw the young man looking on with a nervous smile.

 

Kara took a step back laced her fingers to JC's and then said

 

“Mommy, this is my boyfriend Josh.” she looked up to him and smiled back, “Josh, this is my mother, Margret.”

 

JC thought he was going in for a handshake but then felt Margrets arms embrace him in a hug.

 

“I am so happy my daughter met you and welcome to the family.” Margret said.

 

JC instantly felt like he was at home and won over her family.

 

He felt like he did with his Mom and Dad.

 

This made him relax and smile.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

'NEXT UP: MEETING DAD, AND THE FINAL GOOD BY TO KARA'S REASON FOR FEELING HOW SHE HAS....AND SOMETHING CHANGES FOR KARA....WHAT WILL IT BE?   JUST WAIT AND SEE....HAHAHAHA

 

please review and thanks for sitting...next up



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: love assistant tour jc