How is it possible to be surrounded by people everyday and still feel so… alone? She'd never experienced this kind of feeling before, she'd always been happy and content with her life and the people in it.

Until she'd met him, of course.

She looked around, biting her bottom lip as she made sure she hadn't left anything behind. She zipped her bag up as quietly as she could, glancing over at his sleeping form to make sure she hadn't disturbed him.

Of course, he was still asleep. Nothing could wake him up, he'd sleep through anything. She smiled softly as she looked down at him, planting a gentle kiss on his forehead. She pushed her blonde hair behind her ears and turned away when she heard the quiet knock on the door. Grabbing her suitcase, she wheeled it behind her and walked out of the room, pulling the closed behind her as quietly as possible.

"Thank you for this," she whispered, looking over at her brother as they walked down the corridor. She sighed and gave her hand a squeeze, looking back towards the room they'd just left.

"Are you sure you wanna do this, Riv? He's gonna be-"

"He'll be fine, Chris," she interrupted as they stepped into the elevator, pressing the button for the lobby. "He got along perfectly well before me, and he'll get along fine now. You haven't told Fee, have you?"

"I haven't told anyone anything, you asked me not-so-politely to keep my mouth shut," he raised an eyebrow at his younger sister. "We can work out what you're going to say when we get back to mine, okay? I'll go check you out, just wait here," he sighed, putting an arm round her shoulders and kissing her forward. He looked down at her and shook his head. "What am I gonna do with you, huh?" he smiled softly at her before he turned and walked to the reception desk.

River looked around her, taking everything in, fully aware that she'd probably never see him again as soon as she left the hotel, but knowing that it was the best thing for everyone involved if she just disappeared.

“Okay, you’re done,” Chris spoke from behind her, making her jump as she turned to face him. “You’re checked out. I asked the receptionist not to tell them anything if they asked about you, I thought it’d be easier if they didn’t know you left with me…”

“Thank you,” she whispered, lifting her bag further onto her shoulder and smiling weakly at her brother as he took hold of her suitcase. “Chris-“ she  grabbed his arm as he went to walk forward, and he turned back to her. “I just- I mean- I’m doing the right thing, aren’t I?” she bit her bottom lip.

“I don’t know. Are you?” he asked, raising an eyebrow in question.

“I- Yeah. Yeah, I am,” River nodded. “Yeah. Okay, let’s go.” She nodded her head before she pushed past her brother, walking out of the hotel, and out of Justin’s life.
Chapter End Notes:
Ahh! Okay, this is my first ever attempt at NSync/Justin fanfiction... I'm a Jonas writer by nature, but I did grow up listening to NSync, and after discovering this site I became slightly... obsessed, again. And I had this idea and I wanted to write something, soo... here it is!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: tour soloj dancer