An half hour later (11:15 a.m.)

Robyn stepped up on the porch and rung the door bell continuously. "Open this damn door." she spoke to herself as she stood there, waiting for a response. Instantly, the door flew open and an older woman stood there.

"Robyn? Heyyyy." Lynn greeted with a smile.

"Good morning, Mrs. Harless. Justin here? I need to speak with him." she spoke, feeling very upset.

"Oh...yeah. He's here. Come in. I'll go get him." she entered the house and closed the door. There was an older guy sitting on the sofa in the living room at the time.

"Hey, Mister Harless. I haven't seen you in a while." he stood up and embraced her in a hug.

"Hey, Robyn. It's nice to see you again." she smiled warmly and looked away to gaze at a familiar guy entering the living room with a lady. She could feel the anger rush across her whole body. She wanted so badly to knock him out.

 "Hmm...look what we have here." she spoke, brushing pass Paul and heading towards the two. "I see things HASN'T changed." she crossed her arms over her chest as she kept the eye contact. The only thing he could do was keep quiet with his head down. "Well AREN'T you gonna explain yourself? What the HELL is going on?" Lynn and Paul stood there with confused looks on their faces.

"Um..." he struggled to find a word to say. "Maybe...we should take this to the room." he spoke softly.

"Fine." he gazed at Justice and pecked her on the lips.

"I'll be back." Robyn rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Come on." he spoke, grasping her hand and pulling her up the stairs, to his room. He closed the door and locked it. "What the fuck is your problem? You can't just SHOW up here without letting me know." her head jerked back offensively.

"Excuse me? You didn't USE to care when I SHOWED UP without a warning. Now all of a sudden you DO...JUST because you're with someone. You know..." she moved in closer to him. "I WISH last night NEVER happened. Now...I'm stuck with you for the REST of my life." he held a confused look.

"What do you mean?" she chuckled pathetically, slowly locking eyes with his.

"I'm pregnant." his eyes lit up of surprise. "I tried calling to tell you but you were TOO busy playin' with MISS Justice WHO YOU CLAIMED BREAKIN' UP WITH!" she raised her voice. "How could you sit there and lie to me? I thought you were...better than that."

"I...invited her over to end it, but...she was doing all of these nice things for me before I could even say ANYTHING. She cooked me breakfast. She gave me a massage. I mean...it felt like she already KNEW I was gonna break up with her." he sighed and held his head down. "I dunno. I...I think..." he lifted his head to gaze in her eyes. "I think I'm beginning to have second thoughts about the WHOLE thing." she stood there, wide eyed and mouth hanging to the floor.

"What? So...you're tellin' me...you're not ending it with her?" he bit the bottom of his lip as he hesitated to answer her.

"I'm afraid so." suddenly, she slapped him across the face. He covered the area as he tried hard to hold in the pain. Tears slowly formed in her eyes. She had never felt so bad in her entire life.

"I can't believe you." she spoke, rickety, due to the tears taking over. "How could you? I mean...what about us?" she sniffled. "What about...the things we went through? You waited until you got me PREGNANT to tell me this? Why did last night happen in the FIRST place if you HAD second thoughts about being with her?"

"I just began feeling this way..."

"I DON'T CARE!" she cried. "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!" tears constantly ran down her cheeks. "I sacrificed my life for you. Having this baby could put us BOTH in a critical condition but I'm sure you give a rat's ass. You know what your damn problem is? You like playin' GAMES! And I CAN'T believe I trusted you and...let you in." she shook her head pathetically. "You selfish bastard."

"Robyn...it's not like that. I...I still love you but...you were the one who took so long to let me know how you feel. You waited too late and now...I found someone who loves me the same. I'm sorry." her lip trembled with emotions. She felt so bad and she never thought he would ever reject her. Right then, she knew it would no use confessing how she felt about him.

"But wh..." she cleared her throat, due to the lump in her throat. "What...am I...gonna do about..." she covered her mouth as the tears completely took over her. "You're just...gonna abandon this baby like this?" he stuffed his hands in his pockets and held his head down, not bothering to respond. "I guess that's it." she paused to get a response from him, but all he did was keep quiet. "I can't believe this." she pulled the door open and exited the room.

"Damn. Robyn..." he ran out of the room and looked over the railing to gaze at her. She rushed towards the front door, not saying a word to Lynn nor Paul.

"Robyn...everything okay?" Lynn asked in concern.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Harless, but I gotta go." she yanked the door open, suddenly feeling a hand grip her arm, and pulling her inside the house.

"Robyn...I'm sorry. I..."

"GET OFF ME! GET THE FUCK OFF ME!" she yelled, turning and slapping him across the face. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME, YOU FUCKING COWARD!" she moved in closer to him as he backed further up in the living room. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?! HUH?! I THOUGHT YOU WERE BETTER THAN THIS!" she cried out loud. "YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE GONNA LEAVE HER, BUT...LOOK WHAT YOU DID! YOU'RE STILL WITH HER!"

"But...I...I just couldn't..." she slapped him once again. He placed his hand on the aching area, slowly backing up against the sofa. "Robyn..." his eyes slowly filled up with solution. "I love you. I truly do, but..."

"I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT! NO YOU DON'T! YOU DON'T LOVE ME! YOU LOVE HER!" she pointed to her. Lynn and Paul stood there wide eyed with shocked looks on their faces.

"Um...Robyn...yo...you wanna tell me what's going on?" Lynn asked, a little scared as she hesitantly approached her.

"There's nothing else to talk about. Except for the FACT THAT YOUR SON GOT ME PREGNANT AND NOW HE DOESN'T WANT TO FACE HIS PROBLEMS! INSTEAD, HE WANTS TO STAY WITH HER!" Lynn slowly gazed Justin's way with an awkward look on her face.

"Justin...you..." he leisurely locked eyes with hers. "You got her pregnant?" Robyn rolled her eyes as she shook her head pathetically.

"It doesn't matter anymore." she sniffled. "I...I thought I could count on you. I thought...you were gonna be there for me. But...I guess I thought wrong." she met eye contact with Lynn then Paul. "I...I gotta go." they watched her turn, heading towards the door.

"Robyn?" Lynn called as she watched her exit the house and close the door. She glared at Justin with a disappointed look on her face. "I can't believe you just...let her go like that. I'm...I'm so ashamed of you." she rushed up the stairs, to her room.

"Lynn..." Paul stood up, following behind her.
__________

Note: This takes part a year and a few weeks later

A year and two weeks later

Robyn pulled the refrigerator open and grabbed the baby juice, kicking it closed afterwards. "Okay, sweetie. I bet ya' thirsty." she poured a half bottle of apple juice and twisted the top on, sitting it on the table. A loud cry startled her.

"Ahhhhhh Ahhhh Ahhhhhhhh!!!!" the baby cried.

"I'm comin', Kara. I'm comin'." she jogged in the living room with the bottle in her hand.

"Ahhhhhhh!" she cried continuously.

"Okay shhh." she sat on the sofa, carefully grasping her from out of the car seat and holding her close to her chest. "Want juice?" she asked, stuffing the nipple in her mouth, but she spit it out and continued crying. "Damn. What do you want? Milk?"

"Ahhhhh"

"Alright, alright." she lifted her shirt and guided her mouth to her nipple. She sucked hard and fast like she hadn't eaten before. "Damn, Kara. Calm down." the phone went off. She reached over, grabbing it off the receiver, and placing it beside her ear. "Hello?"

"Hey, Robyn? What's up?" a familiar voice responded.

"Hey, Linda. What ya' doin'?" she sat back on the sofa and turned the TV on, flipping through the channels with the remote.

"Nothin'. Just...chillin'. WHat are you doin'? Oh how's Kara? What is she doing?"

"Well..." she glanced at her who continued sucking on her nipple. "She's eating. I tried...feeding her apple juice, but she didn't want that. She rather drink milk. She's so damn picky. Just like her daddy." she fiddled through her soft, curly hair as she watched her suck away.

"Awww...how sweet."

"My nipple's are sore as hell. Ahaha. I'm serious."

"Don't worry about it. I'm sure it'll heal. Any way...did you hear from her daddy lately? Oohhhh. Did ya' hear his NEW ALBUM?! It is HOT! I listen to it like EVERYday. It's better than Justified."

"Yeah, yeah. I really don't care. The LAST person I would wanna hear about is HIM! I mean...he actually abandoned his OWN child. Last time I saw him was...'bout a year ago...when I told him I was pregnant. Things are really...changing between us. And I mean...in a BAD way." she chuckled.

"Stop foolin' yourself. You know you MISS that man. I mean...DAMN! Did you see him lately? He is a little built now. He is just so sexy. Haha. BUT...he's also single now. He finally got rid of that Justice girl. Aren't you happy?" she smirked.

"Not really. I'm still upset with him whether YOU want to believe it or not." she yawned softly. "Well look...I forgot something at the grocery store, so I gotta go back out. I really hate to do this with Kara but I have no choice. I'll talk to you later."

"Well I would have token her off your hands but I'm working now." she explained.

"Yeah and you better get off that phone before you boss catch you. Ahaha. I'll talk to you later." she turned the phone off, and sat it back on the receiver.
_________

"Look...I gotta go. I'm supposed to meet my family at the house. We're having a special dinner. You know...to celebrate my new album." he spoke to his choreographer while putting on his jacket.

"Okay. Just be sure to be BACK here tomorrow morning." he grabbed his duffle bag and pulled the office door open.

"You know it. See ya' later." he exited the room, entering the dance room where all the back up dancers were packing up. "Guys...rehearsal was EXCELLENT! Let's keep up the good work." he headed towards the exit of the building, suddenly hearing someone call him. "Yeah?" he asked, twirling around to face the individual.

"Hey um..." he watched as one of his back up dancers approached him. "I just wanna say that you're SO talented and thanks for...choosing me." he smiled warmly.

"No problem. It's my pleasure." she smiled, and turned, jogging towards a group of women who watched closely. "Hey." she hastily looked over her shoulder to stare at him. "Come here for a sec." he could hear the other girls whistling teasingly as she slowly approached him. "What did you say your name was?"

"Um Nikki." she answered, a little nervous.

"Cool uh..." he handed her a card. "Call me sometimes. I would love to hear from you." she slowly accepted the card from out of his hand. He grasped her hand, kissing it softly while gazing deeply in her eyes. "See you tomorrow." she felt a chill go down her spine. "Catch ya' later." she watched him turn and proceed towards the front door. He could hear the girls screaming excitedly.

OH MY GODDD!

You are SO lucky, girl!

He over heard them talking. He pulled the door open and exited the room.
_________

Robyn ambled down isle seven with Kara in her arms. She spit her pacifier out and placed her hand on Robyn's cheek. "Ga ga."

Robyn froze in front of the canned goods section and scrutinized the area, looking for a specific item. "Where's the sweet corn?" she asked, scanning the contents on the shelf. "Hmm." she reached out, grabbing a can of corn. "This may do it. I'm not sure." she spoke, reading the information on the back of the can.

Justin entered the neighborhood grocery store and headed down isle six. "I need to get the rice and corn." he kneeled down, grabbing a bag of white rice on his way out of the isle. "Cool. Shake and bake mix. EXACTLY what I need." he exited the isle and rounded the corner, entering isle seven. His cell phone went off. He turned it on and held it to his ear. "Yeah? Hey what's up? Nothin'. Ha...no." he eyed the various hot sauce bottles, deciding on whether to get one to go with the chicken. "Well I'm at the grocery store now. You wanted me to get rice...and corn, right? Yeah. Okay. I'll be there in a few. Yeah love you too. Bye." he turned the phone off. "I'm getting hot sauce." he grabbed a medium sized bottle and turned, facing the corn section.

"What do you think I should get Kara?" Robyn spoke to her. "I can't..." she kneeled down, focusing in on a can of corn mixed with vegetables. "Yuck. What are these people thinking of nowadays? Damn. I can't find it."

"Uh...need help with anything?" he spoke to the lady.

"Uh yeah. I can't seem to find the sweet...creamy corn." she spoke without looking up.

"Here it is." he grabbed it and handed it to her. She looked up to gaze at the can.

"Oh...thank you." she stood up. "It took me FOREVER to find it." she reached out, grasping it, slowly locking eyes with the familiar guy.

"R...Robyn?"

"Justin?" she spoke surprisingly. "Uh..."

"Hey. How are you?" he smiled massively. "I...god. I've...missed you...deeply." she licked her lips and held her head down. "Why haven't you...called or came by to see me? It's been so long since I've seen you."

"I..." she lifted her head to gaze in his eyes. "Because you were...seeing Justice."

"Oh yeah. But you STILL could've came and seen me. That has nothing to do with you. We could've still hung out together." she smiled slyly.

"Yeah, but...things aren't the same anymore. It was like...you completely forgotten ALLL about me. And...it felt really bad. It was...a horrible feeling." he stuffed his hands in his pockets as he kept the eye contact with her. "Any way...Kara kept me company. Ain't that right, Kara?" she asked, gazing at her. "Haha. You're so cute." she kissed her on the cheeks. "Justin...I want you to meet Kara." she gazed his direction. "Your daughter." he focused in on the little baby, instantly melting all over. He definitely knew she was his child because of her looks. She had his eyes, hair and lips. She was THE most beautiful creature on the face of the earth, and he couldn't understand why he abandoned her.

"Oh god. Um..." he was lost with words to say. "I...she looks just like me. She's so beautiful." he could feel the tears building up in his system. "Can I hold her?" he asked, taking a step forward.

"Sure. Be careful. She's fragile." he carefully grasped her in his hands and held her to his chest. A light chuckle escaped his lips.

"Hey. Hey little one. How ya' doin'?" she gazed at him with her  big blue eyes. "Hi. You know who I am? Huh? I'm your daddy. Yes. I'm your poppi." he brushed her nose tenderly with the tip of his finger. "God." he exhaled heavily, slowly looking up to gaze at Robyn. "I am SO sorry." his eyes slowly filled up with solution. "I'm SO sorry for leaving you like that. I...I was being a complete ASSHOLE and I'm JUST NOW realizing that. I...I LEFT you. I should've been there when you carried her for NINE months...when you gave birth. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE...THROUGH IT ALL! I completely fucked up. I'm truly sorry, Robyn. Wh...what else can I say? Is there ANYTHING I can do for you? I am TERRIBLY sorry."

"Um..." she cleared her throat to rid of the knot in her throat, brushed a few strains of her hair back. "I...don't know. You CAN be the father to her."

"Sure. Absolutely. She is just too beautiful. Such an angel." he kissed her on the forehead with a smile on his face.

"I was..." he looked up to lock eyes with hers. "...gonna go home and cook a small dinner for me. I probably may invite Linda over so I won't be alone. Haha."

"Well...you could come over to my ma's house. We're having a little dinner there...to celebrate the release of my new album. She would LOVE to see you. How old is she?"

"She's five months." he kept his eyes on his little girl.

"She is SO beautiful. Haha. Can I keep her for the rest of the day? I just wanna show her off?"

"Well...sure. I guess..." his cell phone interrupted her.

"Damn." he turned it on and placed it by his ear. "Hello? Who? Nikki? Oh...hey. What's up? What's goin' on? Really well...I sorta have plans already. I'm sorry." Robyn crossed her arms over her chest and held her head down as he spoke on the phone. "Maybe tomorrow afternoon...during our lunch break. Okay. Bye." he turned his cell phone off and looked up to meet eye contact with Robyn. "That was...one of my back up dancers."

"Oh..." she managed to say with a nod. "Well um..."

"Will you like to come to dinner with me...at my ma's house?" he asked once more.

"I don't know. I don't know if I'm...wanted over there. I mean...I haven't seen NOR spoken to your mom in ages." she over exaggerated.

"Oh come on. It's only been a year. That will make it better any way. PLUS...she can see our little girl. She is gonna have a heart attack." he joked. "Can't wait to see the look on her face." she rubbed through her hair.

"I uh...I guess." Justin kept his eyes on Kara.

"Heyyy, cutie. Heyyy. You're so cute. Haha." he looked up to gaze at her. "She's beautiful...just like her mommy." he gazed deeply in her eyes, trying to read a sign. She gotten even beautiful over the past year, and he couldn't believe he abandoned her and the baby. How stupid could he have gotten? "I'm..." he hesitated.

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize. I...understand." he reached out, rubbing her cheek delicately with his thumb.

"You're so beautiful. You know that, right?" he spoke softly. She bit the bottom of her lip and looked away.

"I...should be going. I have a few things to take care of." she explained, looking up to gaze at him.

"I perfectly understand. Um...oh here she is." he carefully handed her Kara. She accepted him out of his hands, holding her close to her chest. "When...when can I...see you again?' he spoke in hesitation.

"I...really don't know. I'm supposed to be..."

"Robyn...please come to dinner with me. I...I just miss you and...I wanna spend some time with you...and the baby." he glanced at Kara. "Damn. I can't believe I abandoned her. I really am sorry...from the BOTTOM of my heart. And...I WANT to be her father. I wanna help take care of her." his eyes were filled with solution. "Will you let me do that?" she gazed deeply in his eyes, realizing how much she missed him. "Please, Robyn?" he moved in closer to her. "What can I do to help out?" he brushed her chin gently with the tip of his thumb. "Huh? You know I LOVE you so much."

"You do? Well...well WHY the HELL did you abandon me AND your OWN child? HUH?! ANSWER THAT QUESTION FOR ME!" she raised her voice.

"I said I was sorry. I..."

"SORRY WON'T HELP THIS TIME! I apologize but...It won't." she sniffled as the tears ran down her cheeks. "I'm sorry. I mean...what makes you think I'm gonna LET you back into my life THAT easy after what you did? You HURT me. You SERIOUSLY BROKE MY HEART! It just...shattered into BILLIONS of pieces and ever since...it's been HARD to PUT back together." a few people stopped to watch what was going on. "You said that...you loved me but...why would you DO something so OUTRAGEOUS to someone you deeply love? That was wrong of you. And...I don't think I will EVER forgive you for that. EVER!" she paused, burning a hole into him. "Do you know how much I've been through since you LEFT?! First off...I've been having stomach pains and throwing up back to back. And you wanna know who was there to help me? Linda. That's right. LINDA! Secondly...during labor...I cried and cried until I couldn't CRY anymore. And you wanna know who was by my side? LINDA! During birth...the ONLY people who were there was my parents and Linda. Not YOU, the father of this child, but Linda. Now I could have gotten an abortion but I realized how much you meant to me because I really did want to have a baby from you, and the other reason was because I THOUGHT you were comin' back. But you DIDN'T. YOU DIDN'T!" she cried. "Every single minute...second and hour...I prayed for you to show up but...you never did. I was so lonesome and LOST without you. It had gotten SO bad to the point that I actually stop comin' to work. And I almost got fired. Did you know that? It was terrible. All because of some guy breaking my heart. Not only that, but...my baby was without a father." he stuffed his hands in his pockets and held his head down, lost with words to say. "I also met a couple of men who OFFERED to take your place, but...I just couldn't let that happen because I wasn't fully over you. I just KNEW that there was no one else out there...like you. I wanted you. I needed you. I thought I couldn't live without you, because...my LIFE revolved AROUND you. I couldn't eat...sleep...or THINK without you. I found myself...stuck in a difficult position. I almost had to get help." she shook her head pathetically. "I'm sorry, but...Linda was the ONLY real FRIEND ALL along. So...before you try askin' me to forgive you...think about what you did, and put yourself in my shoes. Would you have forgiven me? And don't try to pretend like NOTHING happened." slowly, he lifted his head to gaze in her eyes.

"Robyn...I...I don't know what else to say?"

"Well...go home and THINK about what I said. When you do and you've come to a conclusion...give me a call or stop by." she turned, heading down the isle.

"Robyn...why are you doing this to me? I mean...I may deserve this, but...I don't know what I was thinking. I was a complete fool." she twirled around to face him. "I can admit to that."

"Ha." she laughed pathetically. "I got ONE question for you. It's an easy one SO you should be able to answer it without hesitation." she paused, gazing deeply in his eyes. "Can you remember calling me ONCE...JUST to let me know if you were still alive? Huh? Just once?" she held up one finger. He held his head down, rubbing through his hair in frustration. He knew she had a point, and that he was definitely in the wrong. There was nothing he could do or say to explain himself. Point blank, he was the bad guy this time. "Hmm. I thought not." she turned and proceeded down the isle.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: unrequited triangles