Note: Guys this is a short chapter. Sorry.

Robyn slowly fluttered her eyes open and could only see blurriness. She could hear a voice, letting her know that someone was in the room. She closed her eyes, once again fluttering them open to see more clearly. "Mmm." she moaned softly, leisurely reaching out and rubbing her tired eyes. "M...mom? Daddy?" she spoke hoarsely.

"Robyn?" her eyes instantly focused in on her mother who sat on a seat beside her bed. "I'm here." she leaned in, pecking her on the cheek. "Are you okay? I was worried sick about you." she sat up, gazing around her room.

"Wh...what am I doing here? Where's Kara? Where's my fiancé? Where's Justin? Ma..." she began to panic.

"Robyn...calm down, okay? Now...what's wrong with you? Are you okay?" she reached out, placing her palm over her forehead. "You're still...a little warm. I'm gonna go get your meds..."

"No. MOM!" she stopped her in her tracks. "What the hell is going on? What am I doing here? I supposed to be at MY house with MY baby, Kara and MY fiancé, Justin. What..." she trailed off, realizing she still wore the tag that she had gotten from the blood bank. "What the..." she looked up, gazing at her mother who held a confused look. "No. It...this can't be. NOOOOOO!!!" she cried.

"Robyn?"
________

Justin stepped up on the porch and rung the doorbell. He held a bouquet of roses in one hand and stuffed his available hand in his pocket as he waited for a reply. The door slowly flew open and a older man stood there with a shirt in his hand. "Uh...hey. I came by to see..."

"Yeah. She's in...her room. Come in." he stood aside, allowing him to enter the room.

"Thank you." he headed towards the staircase railing.
_________

"Nooo. I..." Robyn sniffled and brushed her hair from out of her face. "It seemed...SO re..." the door interrupted her.

"Um...I'll get it." she watched as her mother approached the door. She pulled the door open, automatically meeting up with a familiar guy. "Oh...Justin? Hey. Um...come in." Justin entered the room. "I'm SO GLAD you're here." he gazed at Robyn who sat on the bed with her head hung low.

"Guess who's here?" she looked up, locking eyes with a VERY familiar guy. He stood there with a bouquet of roses in his hand and a smirk on his face.

"Hey." he spoke softly, waving at her. She completely blanked out. She didn't want to believe it was him, but deep down, she had to face the truth. What she dreamt about, she wanted to happen. Why did she have to be so stubborn?

"Ju..."

"Um...I'll let you two...have some privacy." her mother assured, slowly exiting the room. Justin remained standing, and she remained quiet. What was she to say? Or what was she to do? Just sit there and pretend as if she didn't know him. Speak up for Christ sake.

"Uh well...what are you...doing here?" she acted as if she wasn't interested in seeing him. Of coarse, she didn't want him to realize how she felt because she was stubborn.

"Are you kiddin'?" he held an hiliarious look. "Why do you think I'm here? For Christ sake...you were sleep for THREE days. I was WORRIED about you." he took a seat beside her bed, keeping his gaze on her. "Any way...I got this for you." he held out the roses. "I hope you like them." a smile slowly formed on her face.

"Um...thank you, but...you didn't have to." she hesitantly accepted the bouquet out of his hand and inhaled the keen scent. "Um...well..." she lifted her head to gaze in his dark blue eyes. He bit the bottom of his lip and reached out, brushing her cheek delicately with his thumb.

"You okay?" he asked in concern.

"Uh...not...not really." she held her head down.

"Why? What's wrong? You still feeling...weak?" he licked his lips while examining her carefully.

"No it's..." she could feel the tears building up in her system. "Kara and...you. I...everything seemed so real." she sniffled. "Why couldn't it?" she asked, looking up to peer in his confused eyes. "Maybe it would've if I just wasn't so DAMN selfish."

"What are you talking about? Kara...who's Kara? And me...what about me?" the tears slowly poured down her cheeks.

"Well...it's a long story." she sniffled, wiping underneath her diluted eyes. "It was you...me...and Kara. Kara was our baby girl. Um...you were going with this...girl named Justice. I was so stubborn...I couldn't even tell you how much I liked you. Any way...you were with her. You got me pregnant and abandoned me and the baby. A year later...we met back up at a grocery store and...got together. We were...engaged and...a happy family." she once again broke into tears. "We were so happy. And Linda was going out with your cousin Charlie. When he found out she slept with this guy and got pregnant...he completely flipped out. He beat her like...she was some dog. It was...it felt SO real, Justin. And...you just don't know how bad I wanted it to be real."

"Um...okay. This dream...WE were together and we had a baby. AND...we were engaged. Linda was dating my cousin that DOESN'T even exist and he beat on her like some DOG, because she got pregnant by another guy. BUT...you wanted it all to happen? Wh..."

"No. It's not how you think it is. The thing is...I...I like...well LOVE you and...me being stubborn didn't get me anywhere. I think the dream was trying to tell me something. Like...maybe I should tell you how I feel...before it's too late." he held his head down in thought, thinking hard about what he wanted to say.

"Why...did you wait to tell me this for...how long have you been feeling this way?" she licked her moist lips. He sat there, never peeling his eyes off her.

"Well...does it matter? I mean...look. I understand if you don't feel the same way. I just thought...I'd tell you. You know...before it's too late." she leaned, against the headboard and crossed her arms over her chest. "Thank you for the...roses." he bit the bottom of his lip in thought.

"Robyn...don't act like that." he suggested. "You should know how I feel about you. I shouldn't have to tell you."

"Ha. So you're gonna just...leave things how they are?" she shrugged her shoulders. "Fine." she stood up, instantly feeling a rush of pain spread through her body. She felt so light headed, she could have fallen out any second. "Shit." she stumbled back.

"Hey." he quickly stood up, catching her in his arms. She looked up, gazing deeply in his eyes. "You gotta...be careful." he paused, licking his lips. "Extra careful for me." she glimpsed at his lips, wanting so badly to kiss them. He brushed her chin gently, gradually leaning in and parting lips with hers.

"Mmm." she moaned softly between his lips.

"Robyn..." they quickly looked up, gazing in on her mother who stood by her door with a baffled look on her face. "Um...what is going on?"

They both quickly straightened up themselves, feeling very embarrassed. "Um...it's not what it...looks like." Justin spoke up, wiping around his mouth.

"We were just..."

"I know what you two were doing." she interrupted. "But I'm gonna pretend like nothing happened. Um...I'm just gonna sit your meds here." she sat a small cap of pills and a glass of water on her dresser. "I'll see you guys downstairs." she turned, exiting the room.

"Um..." she intertwined her fingers together and held her head down. "I guess we should..."

"What do you wanna do?" he asked, moving in closer to her.

"Uh...you should know what I wanna do." she spoke with a teasing look on her face.

"Well I guess...I should go lock the door." she watched him lock the door and turn to face her. "So...where were we?"

Later on (8:36 p.m.)
_________

"I am NEVER donating blood EVER again." Robyn spoke while accepting a spoonful of ice cream. The cold substance subsided in her mouth and rolled down her throat. "Mmm. Good."

"Yeah." Justin responded, slowly stuffing a spoon in his mouth. "I'm so glad you're okay. I was worried sick about you. Ask your mother. I CAME here every day...hoping you would wake up. I was like...damn. How can someone sleep SO LONG just for drawing blood? Ahaha. When I drew blood a few years ago...I was only...well a felt a little weak afterwards. I got a light headache and all, but I ate something and it went away. I was back on my feet...less than two hours. YOU...ahaha. It took you three days. Haha."

"Aw be quiet. You think that's funny, huh? Well...that's because I'M a girl. We're...more weaker than you men."

"Ha. Oh really? Well you know who came by to see you TWO days ago? Your friend Linda. Now what does that tell you? Obviously she's more STRONGER than you because she ALSO went to the blood bank and drew blood. She was up and running the next day. You...haha. Let me NOT get started." she rolled her eyes mischievously.

"Quiet, alright? Just...ugh." he continued snickering.

The next week (11:46 p.m.)

Robyn entered the house, looking depressed. She closed the door and kicked her shoes off, automatically heading towards the kitchen where an aroma came from. "Mommy?" she called, instantly focusing in on a guy she didn't expect to see. "Justin?" he looked over his shoulder to gaze at her. "What are you doing here? Where's my parents?"

"Come here, girl." he wiped his hands with a hand cloth and wrapped his arms around her, kissing her on the lips. "Don't act like you don't know me. How's my baby doing?" he groaned in her ear.

"We're fine." she spoke while rubbing her tummy. "So um...where did my parents go?" he released her and entered the kitchen. There were pots cooking on the stove and the counters filled with chopped vegetables. "What the hell are you cooking?"

"I dunno." he played dumb. "Wanna help me? There's rice..."

"Mmm. Everything smells delicious." she turned the faucet on and washed her hands under the water.

"I'll help you finish up these bell peppers and onions." she grabbed a knife and began slicing the peppers into tiny little pieces."

"So um..." he glanced over at her as he sliced onions. "It looks like your dream is becoming reality." she chewed on the bottom of her inner lip.

"Yeah. Well...let's just hope Linda doesn't meet up with a guy named Charlie." he chuckled softly. "If she does...I hope she run. Haha."

"Haha. You crack me up." he continued snickering. "Just the other day..." the doorbell interrupted him. "Oh yeah. That should be Linda. I...invited her over for dinner."

"I'll go get it." she exited the kitchen and jogged in the living room, towards the door. The doorbell went off once again. "Alright, alright. I'm comin'." she unlocked the door and pulled it open, automatically meeting up with Linda. She stood there with a smile on her face and a guy beside her. "Hey, girl." she pulled her in a hug. "Come in." she stood aside, allowing the two to enter the house.

"I want you to meet someone. Baby this is my best friend, Robyn. Robyn..." she locked eyes with him, instantly freezing. "...meet my boyfriend, Charlie." she stood there, never peeling her eyes off him. He looked just like the guy in her dream.

"Oh my god." she turned, rushing up the stairs. They both stood there with befuddled looks on their faces.

"What's wrong with her?" Charlie asked curiously.

"Um...I dunno." she answered, baffled herself.

The end
Copyright, Publish 2003
All rights reserved
Baby-j.org 2002-03


Completed
Black Coffee is the author of 20 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: unrequited triangles