Author's Chapter Notes:
I believe that this will be the last chapter for this particular story. No worries, I have a feeling this isn't the last we'll be seeing of Justin and Sienna though!!

“You feeling okay Sweetheart?” Justin asked from beside Sienna as they rode home in the limo later that evening. “You’ve been kind of quiet since we got to the party.”

 

Sienna looked at him briefly, surveying his face, “I’m fine.”

 

“You don’t sound fine.”

 

“I said I’m fine Justin, alright?” she snapped suddenly. To be honest, Sienna wasn’t really sure how to feel. She’d only known Justin for a little over a month, but he’d seemed genuine that entire time. She only knew of Jessica from what Justin told her. So what was she supposed to think? She knew they’d been in a pretty serious relationship, and that obviously doesn’t go away overnight. Sienna felt beyond confused.

 

Justin had locked his eyes straight forward after she’d snapped at him, upset at her attitude and very confused as to what had transpired. They’d had such a good time at the show, but she seemed distant at the after party.

 

“Look Justin, I’m sorry,” she apologized, placing a hand on his leg briefly. “I didn’t mean to snap at you.”

 

“It’s okay,” he said softly, still looking forward. “I mean, I just want you to be able to talk to me if something’s bothering me. That’s the only way this can work.”

 

“Is that what you honestly want?” Sienna asked slowly.

 

“What kind of question is that?”

 

She sighed, running her hand through her hair, “I met Jessica tonight.”

 

“When?” he looked at her abruptly.

 

“When you were at the bar and Rachel was in the bathroom. Let’s just say she was less than thrilled to meet me.”

 

“What’d she say?”

 

“She said that this thing was a charade to you. That you two had already discussed that you’d get back together when we went forward with the divorce. I mean, I guess I’m not in a place to get upset about it since until just recently we had been putting on a show. What I need to know is if that’s still true or not. I know things have seemed to change in the past few days, but I need to know if this is all still an act. I can’t put myself through this again Justin. I didn’t expect to develop feelings for you, and it’s made things much more complicated than they were.”

 

He waited for her to finish saying what she needed to, and it hurt him to see her so visibly upset about all of this. “Sienna, look at me,” he told her, reaching up and turning her face towards him, “I’m sorry she said those things to you. Originally Jessica and I discussed that at the end all of this we’d reevaluate. The only time we discussed that was when I told her we were married, so it was a full month ago. I haven’t spoken to her since then. I never expected to develop feelings for you either, but I did, and on my end, the plans began to change. I don’t see a foreseeable time in which I don’t want to be married to you. I don’t want to be with her anymore, I want to be with you.”

 

A few tears had slipped down her cheek, and Justin reached up to wipe them away, “Are you sure? Because you two were in a relationship for a long time, and we’ve only just met. I just want to know the truth.”

 

“Sienna, please believe me when I say that what I just told you is the truth. You are my wife, and I want you to be.”

 

She nodded, leaning her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes as she felt his lips connect with her forehead.

 
 

As they lay in bed that night, Sienna found it hard to fall asleep, so she lay awake, eyes fixated on the ceiling fan.

 

Sensing she hadn’t fallen asleep yet, Justin rolled over, propping his head up with his hand and staring at her, “What’s on your mind darlin’?”

 

She tilted her head toward him and smiled at the cute picture he made, sleepy blue eyes, pillow creased face. “Just thinking.”

 

“About what?”

 

“Just how crazy the past few months of my life have been.”

 

“Yeah, I bet you’d never have thought you’d end up here, with me.”

 

She laughed, “Surely not.”

 

“Let’s say, six months ago, where did you see yourself today?” he asked curiously, twirling her hair around his fingers.

 

“Hmmm, six months ago was the end of March, so…,” she thought for a moment, squinting her eyes for effect, “I thought I’d be married. Which, ironically I am. But to Devin obviously. We were supposed to get married in July. Back then I hoped that by the end of the year we’d be on our way to starting a family, which ironically, he is. Weird how things turn out, huh?”

 

He nodded.

 

“What about you?”


 

“Honestly, I have no clue where I thought I’d be. For a long time Jess had been really vocal about wanting to get married and shit. But I just couldn’t find it in me to propose to her. There were tons of stories about it in the tabloids—how I didn’t want to give up my bachelor-like ways, stupid shit like that. There was even some that said I didn’t believe in marriage,” he told her, shaking his head with a sigh.

 

“And do you?” she asked honestly.

 

“With the right person I do,” he responded, looking her in the eye. “Look Sienna I know the way we met and all the craziness thereafter was messed up. I hate that we were both drunk, that you can’t remember getting married—you deserve more than that. We were both a little lost, running, looking for something when we went to Vegas—a way out, a little distraction, something. What we didn’t expect was to be saved.”

 

Sienna nodded knowingly, her hand reaching up to touch his face, prompting him to lean down and capture her lips. She pulled away from him briefly, “We were leading these totally separate lives, and then bam, one night changes everything in the most amazing way possible.”

 

He smiled, “You believe in destiny?”

 

Sienna’s eyes locked with his in an unwavering gaze, “Now I do.”

Chapter End Notes:
reviews please!!

Incomplete
rosaleighwrites is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Detour to Destiny also liked 592 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: celebrityj justin