Author's Chapter Notes:

another update for you :)

The visit with Justin’s mother came and went quickly, much to Justin’s dismay. He loved having his mother around. Sienna didn’t mind either, and truly enjoyed the time she spent getting to know her. The similarities between Justin and Lynn were uncanny, and Sienna enjoyed watching the two interact. The small get together Sienna had planned for the Sunday after his mother had arrived went smoothly, and her mother was taking to the idea of what was going on more and more. Lynn had that type of personality that allows her to fit in with just about anyone. Sienna noticed that Justin had a knack for that as well.

 

After the visit, Sienna had spent some time trying to get ahead at work since they’d be leaving for about a week and a half to head to California for the awards show. She could work from out there a bit, but she definitely wanted to take some time off to relax too. The week prior to the trip had been exhausting, and left Sienna with little to no sleep on some nights.  

 

The sunlight streaming into Sienna’s bedroom caused her to stir from her sound sleep on the Wednesday that they were scheduled to leave. “Ughhhh, Justin!” she groaned loudly. “Did you open the shades in my room?!”

 

Moments later, through squinted eyes, Sienna saw Justin appear in the doorway, fully dressed and an evil smile on his face.

 

“Rise and shine Mrs. Timberlake. We’re leaving tonight for LA and we are supposed to meet Hallie for lunch downtown in,” he paused to look at the time, “thirty-five minutes. So you better get to beautifying; I can’t have my wife out in public with bed head.”

 

“I could seriously smack you right now Justin Randall.”

 

“Not enough time Sienna Leigh,” he retorted quickly, pointing to his watch. “Take a rain check and get up!!”

 


 

 

Twenty minutes later, when Sienna emerged from the bedroom freshly showered she smacked Justin on the back of the head lightly, “That was for rudely waking me up. There’s more where that came from too, so watch out.”

 

Justin chuckled, hopping off the barstool at the kitchen island, “Ohhhh, I’m shaking in my loafers.”

 

Sienna looked down and snorted, “Those are not loafers. They’re moccasins or something ugly like that.”

 

 “Don’t hate on my shoes woman; they’re Gucci.”

 

“Gucci or not, they’re still hideous.”

 

“Wowwww,” he drawled out dramatically, “someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.”

 

Sienna merely sneered at him, “Shall we go? We’re going to be late.”

 

“Twenty minutes ago you were still in bed, and now you’re preaching to me about being late?” Justin scoffed playfully, tousling her hair lightly.

 

“I am a woman; I’ll do what I want.”

 

“Ah, the universal excuse.”

 

 

Ten minutes later


 

“Reservation for three under Timberlake,” Justin told the hostess when they arrived at Filomenas, a popular restaurant in town.

 

The waitresses’ eyes grew large as she heard the name, and nearly popped out of her head when she looked up and saw Justin standing in front of her. “Oh yes Sir, Mr. Timberlake. Your table is all ready for you. Right this way,” she said quickly, nearly stumbling over the hostess stand as she came to guide them (or him it seemed) to their table.

Sienna rolled her eyes at the girl, watching as she put her hand flirtatiously on Justin’s arm repeatedly on the short walk to the table.

 

Justin picked up on the annoyed vibe Sienna was giving the waitress, and made it a point to keep his hand at the small of Sienna’s back possessively. It wasn’t an act, because in the past few weeks Justin had become both possessive and protective of Sienna. No matter where they went she always drew attention from men—despite the fact that the two were very obviously married. I mean, for god sake, that fact was public knowledge. Justin found it amazing how ruthless some men are when it comes to beautiful women. As they reached the table Justin checked the girl’s nametag, “Thank you Rachel. My wife and I are waiting for a friend of ours, so if you could send her our way whenever she arrives, that’d be great.”

 

Rachel put her hand on Justin’s chest lightly, which caused Sienna to narrow her eyes at the girl—how desperate. “Of course Justin. I will definitely send her right over.”

 

As Rachel sauntered—because that’s the only word to describe the awkward way she was walking—back to the front of the restaurant, Justin sent a sly smirk over to Sienna, “I believe you were jealous of that girl. Am I wrong?”

 

Sienna scoffed, pursing her lips together as she rested her arms on the table matter-of-factly, “Me, jealous? Hardly. I don’t do jealous; especially not of that girl.”

 

He laughed heartily in response, “Maybe just a little bit?”

 

“Not even the teensiest bit J. Not because you’re not worthy of being jealous over, but just because that little twit was obnoxious. That level of desperation is highly unattractive. Am I wrong?” she asked, mocking his previous question to her.

 

“You, wrong? Never.”

 

Sienna smiled widely, showcasing her perfectly straight white teeth, “I like the way you think.”

 

 

“Sorry I’m late guys!!” Hallie apologized as she rushed to sit down. “I got caught in traffic on the highway. Damn roadwork.”

 

“It’s okay, no worries,” Sienna told her friend. “Better late than never.”

 

Hallie opened her menu, “I’m starving. I haven’t eaten here in so long.”

 

“I thought you told me the other day that you were here just last week?” Justin questioned as he looked over his own menu.

 

“Just to drink, not to eat,” she explained.

 

“Not surprising,” Sienna raised an eyebrow playfully, causing Hallie to laugh loudly.

 

“Hey, it was a good time. Had a few martinis, met a cute guy. All in all it was a great night.”

 

Justin nodded, “And what happened with Mr. Right? Did you get his number?”

 

“Oh you bet I did. We’re meeting for drinks tonight. Hopefully this date goes better than my last.”

 

Sienna snorted lightly, “Hey, how are you to know straight off the bat that the guy is a pathological liar?”

 

“Maybe it should’ve tipped me off that he mentioned he had to go fuel up his jet for a late night flight to Miami. I mean honestly Justin, when was the last time you fueled up your own jet?” Hallie asked seriously.

 

“Well seeing as I don’t own a private plane, the answer to that would be, uh, never,” he smirked, shaking his head at Hallie’s crazy train of thought.

 

“Hello, my name is Penny and I’ll be your waitre—,” the waitress greeted them, but stopped short when he locked eyes with Sienna. “Sienna,” she stuttered, “hi.”

 

Sienna felt anger surge through her system. Penny was Devin’s new girlfriend—the one he’d cheated on her with. She took a breath and placed a fake smile on her face, “Hello Penny. How’ve you been?”

 

Penny was caught off guard with the neutral tone Sienna had used, and responded unsteadily, “Good. Things are good. Uh, you?”

 

Sienna was relishing in how uncomfortable Penny was looking, “Things are great. You remember Hallie, right?” When she nodded Sienna moved on, introducing Justin, “This is my husband Justin. Justin, this is Penny Jones.”

 

“Nice to meet you,” he said cordially, unsure of who this character was, but already knowing the smile plastered on Sienna’s face was a total phony.

 

Sienna didn’t miss a beat, “And how is Devin?” Now Justin knew exactly who this was.

 

They all watched as Penny swallowed hard, “Devin is doing well,” she responded hesitantly, “working mostly.”

 

“I didn’t know you worked here,” Sienna mentioned, ignoring the response she’d gotten from Penny, and thinking to herself that if she had known she’d have never stepped foot in the building.

 

“Yeah, I was in between jobs for awhile, but Devin and I decided it was best if I could get a steady job before I started to show too much.”

 

Hallie and Justin’s confused faces turned to worry after a moment when they realized what she was talking about. Justin’s eyes locked on Sienna as he watched her take a sharp breath in.

 

“Excuse me?” her words were ice cold.

 

“Yeah, this way by the time my due date rolls around, I can take a legitimate maternity leave.”

 

“Oh,” she managed to voice, somewhat normally. “Well congratulations. I wasn’t aware you two were expecting.”

 

Penny nodded, smiling in a subtlety devious manner, “Almost five months,” she told the group, rubbing her stomach.

 

“Hmm,” Sienna said casually, her eyes looking at her menu once again, “I just thought you were fat.”

Chapter End Notes:
what did you think??


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: celebrityj justin