Chapter Two

Sarah woke up with a headache. She stared up at her ceiling, thinking about the day and everything she needed to get done. It was exhausting.

Meanwhile, Justin and Danika sat at the kitchen table, the only noise was of them crunching their cereal and the occasional flutter of newspaper when Justin would flip the page. He could hear his cell phone upstairs begin to ring and he put the paper down. He looked across at Danika, who was sipping her OJ.

"Better get that," Justin said, excusing himself from the room. He leisurely made his way upstairs and found that he could not locate his cell phone, which by now had stopped ringing. He went to a pile of laundry and felt his jeans for his phone. He located it and saw that he just missed Sarah. He wasted no time calling her back, and she answered right away.

"Whats up?" He said to her, "Your up early."

He looked at the clock, it read 10:45AM

"Early? No, your up early. Not me." She quickly got down to business, "Britney-"

"Uh oh." Justin interrupted her at the very mention of his ex. "Don’t go there."

"Just listen," Sarah moaned, not in the mood to beg him to do this or that, or anything. "Larry wants to know if you and Tim would be interested in working with her."

Justin was sad that Sarah couldn’t see the look on Justin’s face.

"LARRY just wants to use my good name to help his client in her rise from whatever she is rising from…rehab bullshit…Are you kidding me? No way…"

"Don’t you just want to think about it? Tim’s people are interested."

Justin bit his nails and made a groan as he thought about it. His silence made Sarah think that Justin might be interested but not ready to admit it just yet.

"Well J, think about it. I’ve gotta call Leno and get you booked, ok? Do you wanna do lunch?"

"Yes." Justin said, as if to question why she would even ask. "Of course."

"Ok, well, I’ll get in touch with you in a bit."

"Ok-"

Justin was about to say bye but she had already hung up.

*~

A few weeks had passed and Justin had been invited to The Governers Ball in Tennessee, and Danika was out of town on business and wouldn’t be able to attend. He was sitting on the couch next to Sarah when he nudged her arm with his.

"Are you busy on May 5th?" He asked her with a coy smile. Sarah looked in his blue eyes and they lit up in the darkness, the glow of the TV in the hotel room casting funny shadows on their faces.

"No…why?" She asked, knowing he was up to something.

"Well, I have to go to this retarded ass Governers Ball and thought you might want to go with me."

Sarah pulled herself backwards from him in surprise.

"Are you asking me on a date, J?"

Justin was quick to reply.

"Oh please, it’s not like it’s the-an actual date!"

Sarah laughed loudly.

"Oh my god! Yes it is."

"No it isnt." Justin replied, leaning forwards in her direction.

"Is too." Sarah teased.

"Is not."

Suddenly their lips caught eachother. They breathed through their noses as they kissed. Soft at first, but when Sarah pulled away, Justin put a hand on her and pulled her back to him, and she again offered her lips to him.

Moments later she pulled her lips away again,

"Justin."

Justin just looked at her silently.

"What Sarah, jesus we just kissed its not like we havent done that before…or worse." He said with a roll of his eyes. Without realizing it, he leaned away from her. Sarah crossed her arms across her chest, staring straight ahead without anything to say.

"Do you love her?" She asked after a while.

Justin sat biting his nails, stopping to answer her.

"Danika? Yes, of course."

Sarah didn’t say anything furthur, and this sparked Justin’s curiosity.

"Why?"

She didn’t reply, but her eyes darted to the side momentarily to catch a glimse of his face.

"Sarah…" Justin said, his voice soothing and comforting. "Come on…"

He touched her arm and she felt like her skin was on fire. She shrugged her left arm as if she didn’t want even a slight touch.

"Whats the matter?" Justin asked, his voice more aggressive this time.

Sarah felt her eyes water with warm tears, threatening to spill over. Even in the glow of the TV, Justin could see her eyes were welling with tears. He innocently laughed at her emotions, for they had came as a surprise to Justin.

Sarah wiped the tears from her eyes.

"I think about that night all the time, I can’t get it out of my head. And you…you have no idea. To you it was just some drunk fun. Justin, I-"

Justin appeared to be on the edge of his seat, clinging on her every word. In her silence, he only blinked.

He tossed an arm around her and pulled her into him. She laid her head on his chest and Justin felt the we warmth of her tears staining his t-shirt.

"I don’t know what I did…are you upset?"

He felt Sarah shake her head no, then she pulled her head up and looked at him.

She knew she would have to explain what was going on, even if it was too soon. She was trying to get the words out of her mouth, but they wouldnt form.

Justin looked down at her.

"What is up with you, seriously?"

"I dont know," She said quickly, looking up with sad eyes. He touched the side of her face and pulled her gently to him.

Their tongues met in a soft yet passionate kiss. All the things she couldnt say, all her feelings she was too shy to reveal, he showed him in their kiss. They pulled away only to breathe, then return to eachothers lips. Justin's hands instinctively went to her body, creeping up her side, squeezing ever so gently, then moving towards the front of her, gently exploring her breasts.

As much as she enjoyed what was going on, she couldnt get one thing out of her head. Danika. If he loved her so much, why was he able to do this to Sarah with little or no guilt? She had fell back on some pillows that were at the end of the couch and Justin had managed to crawl ontop of her, his tongue exploring her mouth and occasionally breaking free from her mouth to kiss her jawline and her neck. She was breathy and anxious as his warm hands burned against her skin.

"Make love to me, Justin..." She whimpered just before he cut her off with a kiss.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair assistant cheaterj pregnant