Two months later......

 

"Daddy! Daddy!" Noah cried out as he zoomed into the kitchen, where JC was leaning against the counter, drinking some iced tea.

"What is it, buddy?" He asked with a grin, having a real good idea of what Noah wanted to share.

"My birthday today! I'm 4 years old." JC then set his glass down and knelt down to be at Noah's height.

He put his hand out and gave Noah a high five. "Cool, dude. You're a big, big boy now."

Noah chuckled. "Not as big as you though, daddy."

JC laughed and nodded his head. "That's true. You've got to wait a real long time to be this big, but you're still a big boy."

He then pulled his little big boy into his arms and gave him a hug, before pecking a kiss to his forehead. "I love you, Noah. I hope you have an awesome birthday."

Noah squeezed his daddy in return and grinned. "I'm having a party. We going to party, daddy."

"Oh we are?! Well then you better go upstairs and have mommy dress you up all nice. You have to party in style, little man."

JC shook his head in amusement then as he stood back up to his full height and he watched his son dash back out of the kitchen.

He knew that Noelle was still getting ready upstairs and would gladly help Noah get ready as well. He sighed contently to himself, thinking just how wonderful today would be and what a big difference this party was going to be, compared to the one he'd imagined in his head a couple months ago.

He had expected for it to be another birthday on a neutral ground, like a park or Chuck E Cheese's, where he and Noelle would show up separately and pretend to be alright around one another for the sake of their little boy turning a year older. He had predicted coming back home from the party without Noah and not having anyone around for company. He knew he would've been miserable thinking about how good Noelle had looked or how much he wanted her back and the three of them to just be a family.


Yet, a lot had changed in a short time and reality was so much sweeter. His birthday wish had come true and Noelle had placed her heart back into his hands. He'd given her his heart back as well and their love had come back full force. The couple they were before Noah was even born returned and it was almost as if they had never parted. All the love and chemistry was there and he felt like his heart was complete now.

Well almost....

He just had to ask one, little question.

He was planning to ask that one, little question on their son's birthday before the party started. He thought it was the perfect idea. That way everyone had something to truly celebrate and there was no sense wasting time, waiting any longer.

Noelle had moved into JC's house with Noah, a few days after JC's birthday, and they had been a family ever since. It was so domestic and conventional, as if the three of them had always been under the same roof as a complete family. He was grateful that there was no more passing off of their son and that they both got to spend a lot more time with him, not missing out on precious moments. He was grateful they were having a party for their son in their home.

He then smiled big, seeing Noelle enter the kitchen. She looked gorgeous and was wearing a cute, little sundress. Little being the keyword. He swore it just barely covered enough skin to not show off what he was working with in the bedroom.

"You know this is our son's 4th birthday, right?" He asked, with a smirk, as he stepped closer to her.

She chuckled. "You got a problem with this dress?"

"I don't, but I might have a problem with our party guests seeing you in it."

She chuckled again and then she wrapped her arms around his waist and smiled sweetly. She squeezed him tight and stared into his eyes. "Aww....come on. I'm wearing this for you. That way you can enjoy the view and all your friends see what a lucky bastard you are to have me."

He grinned and hugged her in return. "Mmm...well when you put it that way, I can't complain. You look smoking' hot, mami."

"Not so bad yourself, papi." She then dropped a kiss to his lips.

He gave her a kiss in return and grinned. "Noah all set for his party?"

"Yeah, he's dressed and practically jumping off the walls. He kept asking if Uncle Tyler was showing up."

JC laughed. "He would ask such thing. He's going to be real happy when he see's what Uncle Tyler has for him."

Noelle nodded. "It really is going to be a perfect gift."

"Yeah it is and I may just have a gift for you as well."

She looked at him, not sure why she would be getting a gift on Noah's birthday. "Now what could you possibly be giving me today? It's not my birthday."

He chuckled. "I know, but...it's just good timing in my mind."

"Okay...well what is it?"

"My heart." He simply replied.

"But I already have your heart, Joshua."

He grinned. "I know, but you don't have it completely one hundred percent yet, Noelle."

She looked at him perplexed, not sure where he was going with this. "What are you talking about?"

He shook his head and his eyes radiated with mischief. "Come on. Just follow me."

He took her hand and pulled her out of the kitchen and over into his office. He sat down into his chair behind the desk and then pulled Noelle into his lap. Hs hand then reached out to one of the drawers on the side of the desk and he slid it open.

Noelle looked on, curiously, waiting to see what he was going to pull out of the drawer. She watched his large hand dip into the drawer and fish around for a moment, before he pulled his hand back. She could tell he'd grabbed something, almost box-like, but wasn't entirely sure what it was.

"So, what did you just grab out of that drawer?" She asked, sweetly.

He bit on his bottom lip and then he let out a deep sigh. He put his hand in front of her and then opened it. A little, black ring box was revealed in the palm of his hand.

"Open it." He said, just barely above a whisper.

He watched her small hands shake a little and heard a gasp escape her lips. Once she managed to reveal the beautiful diamond ring, he heard her gasp once more.

"This is my gift?" She squeaked out. "An engagement ring?"

He nodded his head and gave her a smile. "Well yes, but...technically the gift is you having my heart, one hundred percent forever, and being my wife. The ring is just symbolizing you want to get married to me, sugar."

She grinned with her green eyes now tearing up. "Now I get it. Of course, I want your heart forever, all the way, babe. I want you."

He grinned wider. "So I'll take that as a ‘yes', but I should probably just ask formally."

He cleared his throat and stared up happily into her eyes and took her hand into his, squeezing it. " Noelle, you are everything to me. We have had some ups and down and we almost let each other get away, but thank god you came back to me. I know that we're truly meant for each other now. I know deep in my heart all I want is to spend the rest of my life with you and our son. I'm certain you're the only one who can be my wife. Will you marry me?"

Her eyes tired up even more and she nodded her head. "Yes. I'll marry you, Josh. That's all I've ever really wanted."

He took the ring out of the box and then slid it upon her finger. Then he hugged her tight and nuzzled his face into her neck. "Mmm...thank you, babe. I love you. We're getting married."

"Yes, we are." She held onto him and relished in the embrace and when she finally pulled back, she wiped her eyes and looked down at the beautiful ring on her finger.

"Wow...this ring is gorgeous." He watched it sparkle upon her finger and was so happy that he was the one who just put it on her finger.

"It's not as gorgeous as you." She blushed and chuckled.

"Sweet talker. Mmm...I think I want to put this back in the box and then wear it again after the party. I don't want to rain on Noah's parade and steal his birthday thunder."

He nodded, fully understanding. He didn't want to take away the attention from Noah either. All he wanted was to know he was going to marry his Noelle and now he could breathe easier in pure contentment.

He carefully slid the diamond ring off of her finger and then placed it back into the ring box. He put it right back in the drawer he'd retrieved it from then.
"This way no one else should come across it and you can get it back out yourself after they all go home."

She nodded and knew she'd be opening that drawer up and snatching the ring back once all their guests left after a joyous party.

 

The door bell rang then and JC grinned at Noelle. "That's got to be Tyler. You go answer it and I'll make Noah come down."

She pecked his lips, slid off is lap, and headed to the door to answer it. He headed upstairs to Noah's bedroom to retrieve the birthday boy.

Sure enough, the guest at the door was Tyler. Noelle had let him in and they were both smiling in the living room, when JC came downstairs with Noah in his arms.

"Uncle Tyler! You the first one here!" Noah practically leapt out of JC's arms and headed to his uncle.

All of them laughed and Tyler pulled Noah into a hug. "Hey, my little man. Of course, I'm here first. I'm the best. Uncle Tyler brought something amazing for you."

"A birthday gift for me!" He yelled in delight.

"That's right, Noah. Daddy and I went and picked out the best birthday present ever for you."

"What is it?!" He began jumping around, in excitement.

JC and Noelle both laughed at the excitement of their son and JC quickly went into the kitchen, grabbing the picture Noah had colored him for his birthday.

In the picture, there was JC, Noelle, Noah, and a puppy.

Tyler smiled, having not answered his nephew, and seeing JC come out with the colored picture. "Noah, look, daddy has your pretty picture."

JC held out the picture, so Noah could look at. "That's from the fridge, daddy. I colored it for you."

Noelle spoke up then. "But look at the picture, Noah. What did you color in it, that you don't have?"

The little boy thought is over for a moment. "Well....we have me....daddy....and mommy."

"That's right, bud." JC grinned. "But remember you drew this puppy?" He pointed the little dog out that was colored in brown crayon. "And daddy said he'd think about it for your birthday, since you didn't have a puppy yet?"

The light bulb then slowly turned on in Noah's head and he then began jumping around. "I remember now, daddy! I get a puppy?! Puppy!"

Tyler then confirmed it for the little boy. "Yes!" He clapped his hands. "Daddy and I picked you out a puppy. Happy Birthday!"

"I want puppy! Where is my puppy?!" He asked, unable to wait any longer.

Noelle grinned. "Uncle Tyler has him in the car. We wanted to give you the good news first. I'll go grab your puppy, baby boy."

She stepped out of the house and then opened the backseat of Tyler's car. She found the little puppy in a crate and carefully picked it up, so as not to jostle the little guy. Then she came back into the house and she released the puppy from the crate.

She held the little puppy in her arms and then knelt down, so that Noah could be acquainted with his new birthday puppy. "Look, isn't he adorable, Noah? This is your puppy. He's a chocolate Labrador and you can name him whatever you want."

Noah squealed and began petting his puppy . "I love him. Thank you! Thank you!"

"Your welcome, buddy." JC said as he then knelt down next to Noelle. Their little family of three now all in on the puppy action and petting their newest addition.

"I wanna hold him." Noah said a moment later and Noelle carefully passed the chocolate puppy off to the little boy.

"You be very careful with him. Don't drop him." She gently warned.

"He safe with me, mommy." Noah gave her a toothy grin and hugged his puppy. The little birthday boy got his wish and he was going to love that puppy like no other.

JC sighed contently and then wrapped his arms around Noelle. He dropped a kiss to the side of her face and smiled.

"Well...looks like the picture is complete now. You, me, Noah, and his puppy." She grinned back at him.

"Perfect. Just perfect, Josh."

She kissed his lips and he deepened the kiss, letting her know he thought they'd reached perfection as well.

None of them would ever forget Noah's 4th birthday.

 

Chapter End Notes:

IT'S FINISHED! *throws confetti*  Thank you so much to all those that read, reviewed, and enjoyed my little story. Shout out to my lovie face for her support. :)


Completed
harmonysparkle is the author of 4 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc