Author's Chapter Notes:
On to the beach......thanks to anyone reading or reviewing.

 

He woke up with Noah still cuddled against him, holding on tightly. The morning sun had crept through the windows and his eyes had to adjust for a moment. He blinked his eyes a few times and let out a soft yawn. His eyes then went to his alarm clock and he knew they had to get up. He wiped his face with his hand, truly forcing himself to wake up. There was no use in wasting away his birthday, especially having plans to enjoy the beach with his brother.

JC carefully nudged at Noah, causing the little boy to move a little and let out a soft squeal. “Wake up, buddy.”

“I’m awake. I’m awake, daddy.” Noah squirmed and then looked up at his father, possessing the same beautiful blue shade of eyes.

“Okay, good. We have to get ready. Uncle Tyler will be over soon.” Noah’s eyes lit up.

“We go to the beach. I’m going to swim and build sandcastle.” JC ruffled Noah’s brown locks of hair and grinned.

“That sounds like a plan, little man. First, we need get out of pajamas and get ready to go.”

“I put on my swim shorts? The blue ones.” JC grinned with nod.

“Okay, you can do that. Daddy has to put his on too.”

Noah then pulled away from JC and carefully hopped off the bed. He scampered out of the room and across the hall to his own bedroom. The little boy’s energy and excitement almost contagious.

He shook his head, amused by how fast Noah ran off and then sighed. He might as well change into his swim shorts and throw on a t-shirt, plus some flip flops. Then he could go across the hall and make sure Noah was doing alright.

It’s just the beach. Nothing too spectacular. At least it will be relaxing.

He tried telling himself, as he stepped into his walk-in closet and perused the swim shorts in his collection. He found a pair of blue swim shorts, figuring he might as well match his son. So he took them off the rack and then he discarded his boxers from his body. He then slipped the swim shorts on. Next, his wifebeater came off and he just put on a simple gray t-shirt. Lastly, he looked down at the floor, seeing his collection of shoes. He was attracted to a pair of black, rubber flip flops and slid them onto his feet.

Having his attire together and on his body, JC went into the bathroom then and he checked himself out in the mirror. He didn’t feel like shaving, so he decided to forgo it. Though he did quickly run a brush through his hair and rinse his mouth with some mouthwash. Then he exited the bathroom, leaving his master bedroom, and headed to Noah’s room.

He entered the room, finding Noah still in his pajamas and focused on a task. The little boy looked to be coloring again.

“You a coloring monster, buddy?” JC asked with a chuckle. “ We’re suppose to be getting ready for the beach, not coloring.”

Noah whined. “But daddy, I have to finish this. It’s for you. I have to finish it now. I didn‘t finish yet.”

JC had received a few works of art from Noah before and he did enjoy them immensely. It was touching that Noah was playing artist again and making him a picture. So he pulled Noah’s blue swim shorts out of the bottom drawer of his dresser and then settled them on the floor beside Noah. He also found a white t-shirt and a pair of flip flops for him, settling those beside Noah as well.

“When you’re done coloring my picture, put on your beach clothes, Noah. Okay? I’m going to go downstairs and pack some stuff for the beach.”

Noah didn’t even respond, he was working way too diligently on his picture.

z88;

Just as he made it downstairs, the door bell rang. He knew it was his brother, so he quickly unlocked the door and smiled, letting Tyler in.

“Hey, Josh. Happy Birthday, bro.” JC shrugged his shoulders.

“Thanks, I guess.” Tyler laughed.

“What? Not enjoying growing old.”

“Mmmm…something like that. I like birthdays, but they just aren’t the same anymore.”

Tyler nodded, understanding what his older brother was getting at. Once you reached a certainage the excitement died down and once you were without the greatest love of your life, you truly didn’t feel like celebrating.

“So, where’s my little guy? Normally he greets me like I’m God.” Laughter escaped JC’s lips.

“He’s coloring. He insisted he has to finish a picture for me before we go to the beach.”

“Ahh….well then. I guess we’ll wait for him to finish. You got everything you two want for the beach?”

JC shook his head.

“I was actually just getting to it. Have to pack some juices boxes, as well as crackers and cookies. Then a shovel and pail for Noah, so he can make his sandcastles. Towels for us. A big beach umbrella. Mmm…and I just got him a red Frisbee. I’ll pack that too and you can help him throw it, Ty.”

Tyler grinned. “Sweet. I loved playing Frisbee as a kid. We’ll have fun with that.”

JC grabbed a huge tote bag and he began filling it up with all the items he spoke of as well as some others, as Tyler watched and waited for his brother and nephew to be ready to go.

z88;

About ten minutes later, Noah came down the stairs so fast, he was super lucky he didn’t tumble down them and seriously injure himself. He came barreling into the kitchen, finding his father and uncle by the counter.

He held up the piece of paper that was covered in his artwork, waving it excitedly. “Daddy! I finished! Is all done. Happy birthday, daddy!”

JC had just double-checked that he had everything in the tote bag and looked at Noah, grinning widely. He loved how the little boy made his presence known and was proud of himself for finishing. Tyler couldn’t help, but grin at his nephew as well.

“Thanks, Noah. You’re the best.” JC said, taking the picture from his son. He eyed it carefully, seeing some cloud-like shapes, along with a rainbow. He also saw some hearts sporadically placed. There were also some people, more like stick figures, but people nonetheless. He could see that two of them were “adults” and one was a “child”. The child had a stick figure puppy beside him, while the adults were on either side.

“It’s very….pretty. You’re a true artist.” He continued staring at the picture and his mind put two and two together.

“Who are the people in the picture?” Noah giggled.

“Silly, daddy. It’s me, my puppy, daddy, and mommy.”

Mommy. Mommy. Oh..Noelle. Shit…does our son want his parents together? If only..if only that could happen.

JC pondered the thought for a moment and then he swallowed a huge lump in his throat. He turned around for a moment, wiped his eyes, before a single tear could be shed. Then he turned back around, plastering a smile.

“That’s awesome, Noah. Though you don’t have a puppy yet. Maybe for your birthday.”

Tyler took the picture out of JC’s hand then and when he looked at it, after hearing Noah explain who was in it, he knew exactly why his brother grew silent for a moment. He knew how much his brother still loved Noelle and how much he wanted their perfect family, not wanting Noah to grow up between the two households. Tyler stepped out to the fridge, grabbed a magnet, and then hung up the picture.

“Look, now you and daddy can admire it all the time.” Noah clapped his hands in glee.

“Oh I got you something else, daddy, but can’t give now.” JC nodded and then he squatted down to Noah’s level, pulling him in for a hug, realizing then that he’d managed to dress himself for the beach.

“Okay, little dude. Daddy loves you so much. I love the picture.” Noah squeezed tightly in return.

“Love too. Is mommy giving you a birthday gift?”

His eyes darted to Tyler and then back to Noah, and to the wall and back to Noah. This was freaking him out. Why was Noelle becoming such a topic?

“Uhh…no. I don’t think so. She’s got other things to worry about. Daddy isn’t important to her.”

Tyler sighed and Noah just nodded as if he understood, though if he did, he would’ve questioned his daddy’s words.

Why couldn’t she at least text me a ‘Happy Birthday’? Even send a lame card. I mean…I don’t have the plague. We do have a son. We have joint custody. Heck…does she even remember what August 8th is? I would hope so, unless she never thinks of me, except for the ten seconds when she drops Noah off to stay with me.

He shook his head, ridding himself of anymore thoughts. He didn’t need to be depressed on his birthday or focus on a lost romance.

He clapped his hands together and cried out with glee.” Beach time! Come on, Noah. Let’s have some fun.”

He swooped up his little man into his arms and carried him outside to the car, Tyler following them with a smile.

z88;

z88;

After getting some morning traffic, they soon arrived at the beach, pulling up to the boardwalk. JC found a nice spot to park his Mercedes and killed the engine. Then he hopped out and helped Noah open his door and slide out from the back seat, before grabbing the tote bag from the trunk.

Tyler decided it would be easier to just carry his nephew until they walked down to the sand and chose prime location on the beach. So he picked Noah up and he heard a squeal of glee.

“Where you taking me?” JC laughed.

“Uncle Ty is putting you in the trash can……..right there.” Noah shook his head.

“I not trash, daddy.” Tyler laughed.

“Daddy’s silly. Uncle Tyler is carrying you to the beach. That way we won’t lose you and you won’t get tired walking.”

JC shook his head. Leave it to Uncle Tyler to be the hero.

 

They found a nice, rather unpopulated area of the beach. That way JC wouldn’t be bothered and Noah could be free to play and roam around as he pleased.

JC laid out a big beach towel and then set up the huge umbrella, so that the sun wouldn’t be right on them. JC also slid his aviators on and pulled some sunscreen out, as well.

“You want daddy to put sunscreen on you?” He asked, looking at Noah, who was already reaching for his pail and shovel.

“No! Uncle Tyler rub it on.” Tyler laughed and did a fist into the air.

“Daddy 0 points, Uncle Tyler like 50.” JC rolled his eyes.

“Whatever. It’s only fun rubbing sunscreen on someone if they’re a hot chick.”

Tyler knew his brother was right, but he would happily oblige his nephew.

z88;

JC smiled from under the umbrella and his aviators, catching sight of his brother and son throwing around the red Frisbee. Noah had lost interest in building sandcastles sooner than thought and he had quickly picked up how to throw the red flying disc from his uncle.

Hearing Noah cry out in excitement as the Frisbee flew and coasted along the shore, was music to his ears. Whenever his son was having fun and happy, he just got this warm, fuzzy feeling in his heart. He then chuckled as he watched Noah throw the Frisbee once more and it was a bad throw that went right to the ground. Yet, before he could pick it up again, a little girl came by and picked it up. Noah allowed the girl a turn to throw his Frisbee and he was already working the Chasez charm.

Man, oh man..he’s already picking up a girl with a red, flying disc. He’s got game.

JC mused, but most importantly was proud of his son for being friendly and allowing the girl to play with him. He watched as Tyler than began throwing the Frisbee, letting Noah and the little girl try to catch it.

z88;

He sighed then and cocked his head, looking over to the other side of the beach. He saw some more people and another big beach umbrella caught his eye. Underneath, he could make out a feminine form laying on her stomach and it appeared that she was reading. It was probably a trashy romance novel. The type that actually take place on beaches because they’re so romantic and shit and filled with sex on the shore.

The female looked up from her novel for a second and then her cell phone rang. He watched as she answered it and though she was quite a ways from him, she spoke loud enough to make out her voice.

Damn…that’s a familiar voice.

He then eyed her as best as he could despite the distance.

He gasped in realization.

Oh god..it’s her.

It’s her.

It’s her!

That’s her voice.

That’s her backside too.

What is she doing on the same beach, at the same time, on my goddamn birthday?

Oh god! I wonder if she’s going to notice Noah? Will Noah notice her? Will she notice me?

He let out a loud groan and covered his face with his hand. What would he even say to her if she even saw it was him and decided to say hello?

Hey, sweet thang. I still love you and want some birthday sex. You willing to help me out?

He shook his head at the thought. He was losing it

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
Still more to come!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: daddyjc