Author's Chapter Notes:
Josh's new job.

I paused my knitting long enough to glance up at the pool, checking on the twins. Satisfied they were fine, I went back to the project I was working on. I had only gotten a few stitches in when I heard the sliding door open. I kept working as Josh took the seat across from me at the table.

"Rob called," he said. I looked up at him.

"Oh? Must be important if he called." Rob was part of Josh's management team, and only called when something big would come up.

"Yeah. Randy Jackson's putting together a show, like American Idol but for dance crews. He wants me to be a judge."

"Do it," I said without hesitating.

"You think so?"

I nodded. "You need some sort of regular work. You can't mope about the house forever."

"I don't mope about the house," he answered.

"You kind of have been lately." I pointed out gently.

"Have I?"

"Mmmhm. You're bored."

"I'm not bored."

I put my knitting down and looked at him.

"You've had writer's block lately, and it makes you fustrated and anxious, and you lock yourself into the studio. Eventually you get tired of that and you start to mope around the house because you're bored."

Josh stared at me. "Sometimes I think you know me better than I do," he muttered.

"I'm your wife, I'm supposed to," I answered back. "And I'm serious. Do the judge thing."

"I honestly know nothing about dancing though, I can't judge dancers."

I laughed at him. "You didn't just stand on stage and sing like you were a five man choir."

"True," he said. We lapsed into silence again and I watched as Aydin dove under the surface of the water to chase his sister. Josh got up and came around the table and offered me his hand. I looked up at him to see his eyes sparking behind the smile he was giving me.

"Care for this dance?" he asked simply. I took his hand and he helped me up and pulled me close to him. I let him lead me in a slow spin until we were away from the patio furniture. He started humming a tune and I rested my head against his chest and closed my eyes.

I opened them again when he started to spin me out, and I laughed as I spun back to him.

"Dancing with the Stars is more like it," I said, causing his eyes to crinkle up more as his smile broadened. He did a few dance steps before dipping me dramatically to show off.

"How long do we have before Scott gets back?" he asked.

"I don't know. I think it was an eleven am game." Scott had taken Celine and Scottie to a baseball game. Josh raised his eyebrows and I grinned back, knowing the expression all too well. "If you can convince the two over there," I whispered, nodding my head towards the pool. "To come in and watch a movie or something."

Josh gave me a quick kiss before letting me go and heading over to the pool to round up the twins. I gathered up my knitting and headed into the house. I checked on the girls and Harry, satisfied they were all still asleep and to wait for Josh.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl