Author's Chapter Notes:
Revelations.

With the girls in bed and the older two on their way to bed, Josh and I decided to have a date night. I made popcorn while he put a movie on. A quick check on the four kids reassured me they were all in bed for the night.

I brought the popcorn and drinks in and settled in on the couch next to my husband. He started the movie and I playfully groaned to discover it was one of the Indiana Jones movies.

"Such a dork."

"Yep."

We settled in, enjoying the movie and each other's presence. After a while, Josh paused the movie for a bathroom break. I stretched and reached for my phone. I glanced at the time before dialing Lance's number.

"Hello?" Lance answered.

"I'm pregnant," I responded and immediately hung up. I started giggling, imagining Lance's face as he would look at the phone and shake his head. I was still giggling when Josh returned.

"What's so funny?"

I calmed down enough to talk. "I just called Lance and told him I was pregnant and hung up on him."

Josh rolled his eyes as he settled back into his seat and started the movie again.

Barely one scene in, my phone started to ring. I noted Lance's number on the screen as I answered it.

"Hello?"

"I'm gay." The response was followed immediately by a click. I hung up as well and put my phone back.

"Who was it?" Josh asked.

"Lance. He's gay."

Josh nodded. "That's cool."

"Yeah."

 

We let the subject go for a little while before Josh brought it up again.

"You're not surprised?"

"Nah, I figured it out years ago."

Josh nodded. "Before or after you married him?"

"Pretty much while I was pregnant with the twins. Little known fact about our marriage- we may have been the typical newlywed horn dogs right after we were married, but the moment that pregnancy test came back positive we never touched each other," I answered. Josh paused the movie and looked at me.

"You mean that..."

"When you and I got together I had been celibate for a year? Yes. Doesn't really matter, really. Everything with you felt like my first time, like someone had wiped my slate clean then handed me over to you."

Josh smiled.

"You don't seem too surprised, either."

"Oh, we had it figured out years ago. Actually, Joe and Chris..." he let it trail off as he looked away.

"What?"

"They had a bet running on how long you and Lance would last before you broke up."

"Oh really? Who won that one?"

Josh shrugged. "Don't know. I think the midnight trip to the wedding chapel threw them off."

I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder. "We should call him back and say something, If I know him, he's probably freaking out a little right now." I handed Josh my phone and dialed Lance and put it on speaker.

"Sam," Lance answered.

"Dude," Josh answered.

"I'm here too!" I answered.

"Whoa, both Chazzers at once. What'd I do to deserve this?"

"Just wanted to let you know it's all cool." Josh said.

"Yep." I responded.

"It doesn't bother you at all?"

"Nope," Josh and I responded at the same time.

"You don't have to explain a thing, either. We love you for who you are, not who you love," I added.

"Thanks guys. It means a lot to be able to do this."

"We've got your back, man." Josh said.

"Awesome. I'll talk to you guys later?"

"Later," I said. Josh agreed and hung up. He put my phone on the coffee table and we snuggled together as we watched the end of the movie.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl