Author's Chapter Notes:
Letter to Karen

Mom-

Sam and I have some news to share. You're going to have another grandchild this fall. Surprise! You're probably wondering how or even why too.

See, we had been talking about adoption seriously for a few months. Sam's intuition, or whatever you want to call it, led her to think about trying for one herself. After a long discussion one night we decided to give it one try. She went in and had tests done to see if it would be a viable option. The tests all came back as they needed to be, and after a few days of shots, we had an appointment together. They harvested a couple of eggs from her while I was in another room. Mom, the needles they used had to be the longest ones ever.

He's just glad that he wasn't the one that had to be poked. He just won't admit it.

Whatever, Sam. When both of us were finished with our separate parts, they whisked them off to do whatever it was they were doin---

They checked the eggs over to see if they were indeed ready for fertilization and did a sperm count before they combined them with the tv thing. That was just weird.

It was surreal, seeing the start of a life like that. And a life you were creating just made it even more powerful, I think.

Agreed.

Once fertilized, they used a syringe and an ultrasound to insert the fertilized eggs into Sam.

And he didn't run from the room or faint!

Anyways, today she went in for a pregnancy test and it turned up positive. The due date is set for October 6 right now, and we'll know more soon. We wanted you guys as well as Sam's parents to be the firsts to know.

We love you and will talk soon!

Josh and Sam

 

I read over the letter we just finished.

"You know, maybe we should just call and tell them like my parents."

"Yeah, probably."

I put the letter down and scooted my chair closer to his and rested my head on his shoulder. He put his arm along the back of my chair and we sat there for a few minutes, enjoying the quiet company of each other in the quiet post-bedtime house.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl