Author's Chapter Notes:
Schizophrenic

"Mommy?"

I opened my eyes to see Zara sitting on my side of the bed, where I had put her when we came in for her nap.

"What, honey?" I ask, propping myself up on one elbow.

"Daddy."

"Daddy's not home. He's in California, sweetie."

She looked up at me and handed me a cd case.

"Daddy?"

I took the case from her and looked down at it. It did have a picture of Josh on the cover. Josh in a straight jacket even. I flipped it over and saw him on the back staring into a camera.

"Yeah, that's Daddy. Where did you get this?"

"There." she said, pointing to my nightstand. There was a note lying on the stand and I picked it up to read.

Sam-

Had a bit of a layover on the way to NY and thought I would surprise you but you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you guys up. Looking like the date is going to stick this time around!

Josh
(track 15)

 I smiled to myself. "So, you're finally going to let me in on what you've done?" I remark under my breath as I start getting up. As I get off the bed, the baby monitor on the dresser alerts me that Olivia was awake. Sighing, I put the CD on the dresser and take Zara with me to the nursery.

 

Zara and I were in the middle of dinner when the phone rang. I let the machine pick it up, but jumped up and got it when Josh's voice came through the machine.

"Hey," I answered.

"Hey. What did you think?"

"About what?"

"The album."

"Oh! I haven't had a chance to listen yet. The girls were up and I want some time alone to listen."

"Oh."

"You made it there alright?"

"Yeah."

"So when I call you later tonight, you'll be awake?"

"I guess."

I sighed. "I'm sorry I haven't had a spare moment this afternoon. It's the first thing I plan on doing once the girls are in bed though," I dropped my voice a few notches, "Maybe make a bubble bath of my own, put on your album and then call you...."

"Sounds great."

I tried not to sigh again. "Want to say hello to your daughter?"

"Alright."

I handed the phone to Zara and watched her face light up and babble her toddler talk into the phone. The conversation was a short one, and she handed the phone back to me.

"Hello?"

"Still here."

"I've got to get Zara cleaned up and start getting her ready for bed. Call you later?"

"Sure."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and cleaned Zara up and let her play while I finished my dinner and cleaned up the kitchen. Then it was bath time followed by a bedtime story and lights out.

A quick check on Olivia showed she was awake again so she got changed and then a quick bottle before going back down to sleep.

Both girls in bed, I start the bath and retrieve my new CD, my player, the phone and the baby monitor. Once everything was set up, I got into the bath, selected track 15 on the disc and listened.

Tell me how long
(How long)
Were we together, before we got together, oh...
Tell me how strong
(How strong)
Have we gone together, since we've been together, oh...

See, I don't care what people say

No one else has ever made me feel the way you do

Think about it, it just make sense

We already know everything about us, oh...

Girl, I'll be right here by your side

(By your side)
Give you all the love I've got to give
I'm swimming in your eyes
Love will blow out all the lights
(All the lights)
And I will keep you satisfied through the night

See I've been watching you

(Watching you)
It's like I can read your mind
You don't have to say a word, oh...

Keep your thoughts right here

Let go all your fears
Just let em go, just let em go, oh...

Pull you close to me, you feel so nice

We'll stay up sipping on red red wine
(Red red wine)

The red stays on your lips my baby

I'll clean them off with my lips, my baby, oh...

I'll be right here by your side

(By your side)
Give you all the love I've got to give
I'm swimming in your eyes
Love will blow out all the lights
(All the lights)
And I will keep you satisfied through the night

(By your side)

Right by your side
(In your eyes)
All through the night
(All the lights)
(Through the night)
So close to me

Right by your side

All through the night, yeah
Oh...
 

 

 My heart just melted as I listened. I listened again before letting the album play through once. I listened to track 15 one more time, my mind catching on the first line and I thought about it. I picked up the phone and called Josh.

"Hello?"

"Three years and five months," I answered.

Josh laughed. "Did you like it?"

"I love it. I love the whole thing."

"It's entirely about you, you know."

I smiled.

"I wish you were here."

"Me too. I'll be home on the 28th, I think."

"Mmm. So that one about 'dripping through the hallways'? Is that about Orlando?"

Josh paused for a second. "Yes."

I smiled, remembering the fun we had that first weekend away together.

"What are you wearing?" Josh asked, his voice deeper than normal.

"Bubbles." I answered back, getting a chuckle from Josh.

 

We spent a good hour on the phone, the bath water having gone cold long before I finally got out and headed to bed myself.

Chapter End Notes:
Right Here (By Your Side) copyright JC Chasez, et al. Just barrowing the lyrics :D


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl