Author's Chapter Notes:
Olivia.

"I'm home, hon!" Josh calls as the front door shuts. "Sam?" he calls a moment later when I don't answer. He finds me curled up on our bed, breathing slowly and evenly.

"Sam?"

"The baby's coming." I moan as the contraction ends.

"Hospital time?" he asks.

I nodded. "I think so. They're about five minutes apart." I start to get up and Josh helped me. I start in the direction of the door when the doorbell rings.

"Shit! Scott!" I exclaim.

Josh hurries out ahead of me to get the door.

He opens the door and the kids come in, followed by Scott.

"Hey man. Think you could hang out here for the night?" Josh asks.

"What's going on?"

"The baby's coming and I got to get Sam to the hospital and I don't even know where to start with Zara...."

"Sure, no problem." Scott responds.

"JOSH!" I yell as another contraction starts. He hurries over and holds me while I try to breathe through it.

"Get the kids in the car." I grit out. "They're coming with us."

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"Kids! We have to get back in Daddy's car!" Scott called.

"No, the van. Need both of you in case..." I let the sentence drop as I gasped in pain.

 

Scott got the kids situated in the van while Josh grabbed my hospital bag and took it out to the van. Both Scott and Josh helped me into the middle seat of the van. I put my headphones on and switched on my cd player and tried to focus more on the sound of Josh's voice (I had his single in the player) and not the pain.

Josh nearly caused in accident only a few blocks from the hospital when he nearly swerved off the road when the sound of a baby's cry filled the van. He pulled into the hospital and up to the ER doors before turning around to see Scott holding our newborn and I'm sure the shocked expressions Scott and Josh both wore were reflected in mine as I sat on the seat blinking at Scott and my child.

"Um. It's a girl?" Scott said as emergency personnel knocked on the window. Josh jumped into action, taking the keys out and jogging around to the door as Scott opened it and handed the baby off to one of the nurses.

They wrapped our baby in a blanket before getting the cord cut and whisked her into the building while they helped me out of the car and into a wheelchair. I heard Josh tell Scott to park the car for him before he followed me in.

They delivered the placenta and checked me over, declaring me fine and admitted me to a private room. Josh joined me shortly after and they brought our daughter in.

"She's perfectly healthy and she wants her mommy!" the nurse says as she brings her to me and places her in my arms. She leaves and Josh moved over to look at her.

"She looks like you," he says, gently stroking her cheek.

"She's got your nose," I say as she blinks up at us.

"What do you think, shall we stick with the name?"

"Yeah, she looks like an Olivia Michelle."

A knock on the door catches our attention. Scott's in the doorway, Zara sleeping on his shoulder and holding onto both Celine and Scottie the best he can. They both looked exausted from the excitement earlier and the late hour. 

"Hey, Scott, man. Thanks." Josh said, taking Zara from him. Celine tried to climb into the bed to see Olivia and I scooted over to let her.

"It's cool. I think that'll definately be a story to tell the grandkids one day, you know?"

"Oh, I'm sure it'll be told to the friends and boys she likes as she grows up." I chime in. The guys laugh and Celine pipes up.

"Daddy, where do babies come from?"

Scott blinks and I pick up for him.

"When two people love each other so much, they do a special dance and if they do the dance correctly, a baby gets put into the Mommy's tummy. The baby is so small you can almost not see it! But the baby grows and grows, until one day, it's big enough and ready to be a baby. So the baby comes out of the Mommy and they have a baby."

"Oh. Okay." She scoots off the bed. "Daddeeee, can we go home now?"

"In a few minutes, Celine. We have to go to Mommy's house first with Daddy JC first."

"Is Mommy coming too?"

"No, you have to go back home with Daddy tonight. Mommy has to stay at the hospital tonight."

"Okay."

 

Josh gave me a kiss and kissed Olivia before leaving with Scott and the kids. A nurse came shortly afterwards to take Olivia to the nursery and I got comfortable, knowing that tonight would be the last full night of sleep I'd get in a few months. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl