Author's Chapter Notes:
Twenty-seven.

"I really love this house." I say as we sit on the backseat of my van which was doubling as the couch for now. I had found a house for sale a few streets away from our house, and after showing it to Josh, we bought it and were moving in.

"I know." He put his arm across the back of the seat and I leaned against him. We watched Zara playing with the box of toys we had brought over with us.

She pulled a ball out of the box and it bounced away from her. Without so much a thought of it, she let go of the box and chased after it.

"Ha! I knew it! I told you she was getting from room to room too fast." I said as Josh just looked surprised.

I got up from the couch to refill my glass with more tea. As I came back, Josh was watching me with a small grin.

"What?"

"Have I ever told you you're the sexiest pregnant woman ever?" I smiled and sat back down.

"Seems like last week was your twenty-sixth."

"Mmm, no. Last week was your twenty-third."

"Mmm." I looked at my watch and sighed. "I better go get the food and stuff. Ice cream or normal cake?"

"Surprise me."

I got up, retrieved my purse and gave Zara a quick kiss. When I straightened, Josh was giving me a playful pout.

"Oh for pete's sake!" I said as I went over and leaned in to kiss him on the forehead and met his lips instead. 

"I'm only going to the store."

"All the more reason."

"Mmm. Later?" I whispered as I kissed his nose. He nodded.

 

I passed the bakery section on the way to the deli, and a box of cupcakes caught my eye. They were the generic white and chocolate cupcake packages with a toy stuck in the frosting. On these ones, there were pink and blue butterfly rings. I picked up a few packages, figuring we'd get a good giggle out of it before letting the older kids have the rings.

 

Josh raised an eyebrow at the cupcakes.

"What?"

"Nothing. I mean it!" he added as I gave him a look.

The guys arrived and we just chilled. When it came time for the cake, I brought out a cupcake with a blue ring and a candle and handed it to Josh. We sang 'Happy Birthday' and he blew out the candle. Josh pulled the candle out, licked the frosting off of it, and did the same with the ring, watching me watch him intently. He smiled as I left the living room for the kitchen to retrieve the rest of the cupcakes.

Cupcakes distributed, I took a knife and removed the frosting from mine, offering it to Josh. He declined, and Chris took it. I wrinkled my nose watching him eat it.

"You alright, Sam?" Joey asked.

"Yeah, it's just sugar this time around."

"Means it's a boy." Josh said.

"It means there's going to be very few cookies in your near future."

The guys laughed and we changed the topic and continued to hang out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl