Author's Chapter Notes:
Easter

"Time to go, Sam, or we'll be late!" Josh calls from the door.

I finish packing the diaper bag and move over to the crib and smile down at my youngest child.

"Who's ready to get baptized today?"

Zara smiles and gurgles a response and I put the diaper bag over my shoulder and pick her up. I follow Josh out into the bright Florida sun and strap her into the car seat before joining Josh in the front.

"You know where it is, right?" I ask as Josh pulls out.

"Yes. And so does everyone else." he says before I can ask the second question. I sit back and watch the scenery go by.

We arrive at the church with some time to spare. We gather everything up, drop Zara off at the nursery and find Josh's family in the sanctuary.

The service was lovely, and once it was over, I collected Zara and changed her into her dress while waiting for the church to clear out.

When mot everyone had left to continue their Easter celebrations, we all headed back into the sanctuary where they had set up the baptismal bowl. The guys and Josh's family gathered around as TJ and Heather stepped forward as the chosen godparents.

Zara did very well, not even fazed at the water sprinkled in her hair.

The service was a pretty quick one and we were soon heading back to our cars.

"Party at Lance's!" I called as we got into our cars. We were combining Zara's baptism with Aydin and Aurora's birthday party with Easter. The kids were going to have an egg hunt and cake and ice-cream and presents.

The party was fun for all, and it was awesome to see most of my family come together from all over the country for a day of celebration



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl