Author's Chapter Notes:
Josh's entry

Honey-

I know how you like to write out the big things in this journal.  This one was pretty big. It started earlier today when you started feeling some cramps. We didn't think too much of it at the time since you were going to be offically full-term on Monday. But the cramps just intensified so we came into the hospital, thinking that our daughter was just going to arrive a bit early. Everything had been so smooth until today.

They rushed you off for testing and I sat in the waiting room for what must have been hours because it felt like an eternity. My thoughts kept going back to the idea that I might have to choose between the two of you. And Sam- I honestly don't know what I would have done if it came down to that. I can't imagine my life without you or our daughter. I love you, Sam. I say it often, but I rarely write it out for you.

When at last a doctor came out and told me what was going on - that both of you would be fine, I nearly collapsed with the relief I felt at that moment. They let me come and see you finally as they explained what was going on. You went into pre-term labor. At first they were going to let it progress and today would have been our child's birth date, but after some tests they were concerned about the development of her lungs and they managed to stop your labor and put you on something to help her development along.

When I first saw you, you were hooked up to a few IVs, napping and looking too fragile. I felt like someone had ripped my heart out and was wringing it out. I want nothing more, as I sit here next to your bed scribbling this out, than to pick you up, kiss you and have you completely  better.

They're going to keep you for another 24 hours for observation. If the labor doesn't start again, you're free to come home where you'll be on strict bed rest until either labor starts or the due date when they'll induce labor.

 

I love you so much,

Josh



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl