Author's Chapter Notes:
Twenty-two

I shivered slightly as they spread the gel across my exposed skin. Josh squeezed my hand gently as the technician moved the ultrasound wand over the gel, trying to find a good angle. We got a good profile picture of our future child's face and I heard Josh suck in a breath.

Even though this was my fourth pregnancy, seeing it through Josh's eyes made it almost feel like my first baby too sometimes. The little moments we shared together brought us closer together both as a couple and as a family.

The technician pointed out various parts of the body as she moved the image around.

"I can't believe all that fits inside another human," Josh whispered in awe.

"Hmm. We all have to break out sometime though."

Josh kissed my temple "Happy birthday, Sam. I love you"

"Love you too."

The technitian started freeze framing images to print for us. 

"Oh." I said, watching the screen.

"What?" Josh asked.

"I know what we're having."

Josh looked as I pointed out the shapes on the screen.

"Leg, leg, arm, umbilical cord."

"So, it's a girl." I nodded and the technician smiled.

"Congratulations, Daddy, you're having a daughter."

As we left the appointment, Josh was smiling from ear to ear. I think he secretly was hoping for a girl, and now his wish was coming true.

"You know this means my intuition was right all this time then." I commented as we got into the car.

"I will never again doubt the power of your intuition," he said mockingly serious and I lightly slapped him on the arm, trying not to laugh. He smiled again and started the car.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl