Author's Chapter Notes:
Valentine's Day

"I've made a decision." Josh announces out of the blue.

"What?" I look up from the textbook spread across my lap. I turn to face him on the couch.

"I'm going to make a record," he says, looking into my eyes.

"Oh honey, that's great!" I leaned back against him.

"Yeah. Dallas helped me realize that I need to get back to work."

"Oh really?"

He pushed me off his lap and I sat up and faced him. He took my hands in his. 

"I might be gone a while for this."

"How gone?"

"Well you know how I am when I write."

"Yeah," I dragged it out cautiously.

"I've just got this surge going on, a need, I guess. I need to find me. I have all this music in me, needing to get out."

I looked at him carefully. "I know how you work, I've seen you at it."

"Everyone I want to work with is in L.A." he let out in one quick rush. It takes me a few seconds to register what he said.

"Oh." I stare at him and see something there and I know what I need to say.

"Go. Don't worry about me, just go. You need to."

He searched my face. "Are you sure?"

I nod. "I'm sure. Just don't forget me while you're out there." I smile, lightening the mood. He smiled and kissed me.

 

The following day I watched as the hired car pulled out of our driveway on it's way to the airport.

"Go make us proud." I whispered as I shut the front door. I turned and headed to the kitchen to make dinner for myself and the kids.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl