Author's Chapter Notes:
Joe's Birthday

"Happy birthday Joe!" I said as he let Josh and I into his house. We had flown down for the weekend to celebrate Joey and Justin's birthdays.

Upon entering the living room, I noted that Chris wasn't there yet, but Lance and Justin were.

"Happy birthday, J." I said as I sat down on the couch, Josh right behind me.

"Thanks, Sam, JC," Justin said, going back to the video game he was playing.

"So what's the plan?" Josh asked.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I fully plan on getting hammered and waking up not knowing the other person's name," Justin said as he beat Lance in the game.

"Dude, you suck!" He yelled as he jumped up and did a dance.

"Whatever, I have things I need to do other than play games all day." Lance got up and plopped onto the couch next to Josh. They started a conversation about the shenanigans they had gotten into in Europe while Joey took Lance's place and the house was full of taunts and laughter. I laid back on the couch and listened to it all.

When Chris arrived, I let him in since Joey was busy trying to pummel Justin (to prove that you do just get better with age).

"Hey! Sam, you look great," Chris said as he gave me a quick hug before heading off into the living room, screaming like a banshee. I returned to the room, laughing at the sight of Joey squirming under Chris and Justin's grasp while Chris gave him a noogie. I rejoined Josh and Lance on the couch, pulling my feet up underneath me while the other three wrestled on the floor.

Josh excused himself for the bathroom and Lance gave me a long look.

"You seem happy."

I tilt my head a little. "I am happy. Very happy."

Lance nodded. "It shows. You're practically glowing."

I glance at the wrestling match still going on. "What makes you say that?"

I see him shrug out of the corner of my eye, "You're just...radiant."

"She better be by now. She's been 'detoxing' for about two weeks now." Josh said from behind me.

I blushed and looked down. "More like three," I mumbled as he sat down again. I leaned against his shoulder, closed my eyes and sighed. He put his arm around my back and kissed the top of my head.

"Who's ready for some good FOOD!" Joey yelled from the pile of arms and legs on the floor. I felt a wave of nausea come on at the thought of food (specifically seafood) and squeezed my eyes shut and took a deep breath.

"You alright Sam? You're as green as a turtle over there," Chris asked, getting off the floor and adjusting his shirt.

I opened my eyes to see them all looking at me. I sat up straight and gave them a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just not in the mood for seafood is all." I looked around at the guys and only Lance was giving me a quizzical look.

"And you're due when?" he asked as we were leaving. Everyone stopped and turned to look at us.

"Late August," I answered and gave Lance a glare as I continued to our rental car.

From my seat in the car, I could see Lance shrug and get into his car. Josh joined me and we followed the other guys to the restaurant. Not how I wanted to tell everyone, but now it was out.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl