Author's Chapter Notes:
Court date.

The court date had finally come. I was fighting to get back my rights as Celine and Scottie's mother. I felt confident this time around as I had been preparing for weeks, and I had people on my side who knew what they were doing.

Josh was at my side as Scott, his parents and lawyers filed in. I watched calmly as they moved to their position and sat down. Josh squeezed my hand. I smiled at him and squeezed back.

The judge came in and we took our seats as our lawyer began to state our case. He pointed out that I had been blind sighted by the first case, since I had let Scott's family know I was heading out of town, and only had a few days to prepare before the date. I had since settled down and am in a stable relationship with my husband and currently working on my bachelors.

Their lawyer pointed out that I had, in the time since the last court appearance, married, given birth and divorced before marrying again within two months. With a relationship record like that, just because I was married didn't mean it would last.

I tried not to seethe as their lawyer tried to bring me down. The Judge finally called me up to ask some questions.

I told them that yes, I had been married once before my current marriage and that we divorced for irreconcilable differences, and that our children were with their father because at the time of the divorce, he had the means of giving them a better life than I did. I told them that the current agreement was I got to see them a few times a year, and that my ex-husband and I would email pictures and stories several times a week.

 The Judge finished up my questioning and called Scott up.

"It sounds rehearsed," I murmured as Scott answered the questions set forth to him - that they lived with his parents while he finished his schooling and that if need be, they would stay with them when he was playing baseball for a farm team. They were well loved and happy and didn't need to be confused when their mother would call them and then drop out for months at a time.

Our lawyer provided the judge with the restraining order I had been given, forbidding me to come near or call the family.

 

The Judge deliberated for only a few short minutes before coming back in.

"I award Mrs. Samantha Chasez her parental rights back in the eyes of the court. I also award her every other month with the said children until such a time it is necessary to deliberate custody again. Dismissed."

With that, Scott's mother got up and stormed out of the room, letting her husband to chase after her. Scott and the lawyer were a bit slower and Scott gave me a small smile as he left.

Josh and I held it in until after we had left the room. As the doors closed behind us, I hugged him as tightly as I could and gave him a sloppy kiss.

"Oh Josh, I get Celine and Scottie back! I'm so happy! Thank you so much for everything."

"I'm so happy for you, Sam." He kissed my forehead and we started down the hall to pick up the documents we needed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl