Author's Chapter Notes:
Christmas.

I was the first one awake on Christmas. It was too early to be awake, but I was too excited. It had been three weeks since we started trying, and my period was late. I was trying to be carefully optimistic, but I just felt like I was pregnant.

I carefully got out of bed and padded to the bathroom. I took the pregnancy test out from where I hid it in the back of my cabinet behind the feminine products.

While waiting for the results, I headed to the kitchen and made a cup hot chocolate for me and tea for Josh. I brought the cups back into the bedroom and set them on the nightstand.

I went back into the bathroom and checked the test. I tried to hide my smile as I skipped into the bedroom and climbed in next to Josh, lying on my side, and watched him sleep.

I let my hand wander down to my abdomen, resting gently on it. I marveled at how blessed I was- to have someone love me the way Josh did, to love him with everything I had, and to be the witness of the creation of a brand new life, one that will be surrounded with the love I knew we would give him or her. I couldn't believe how lucky we were to have started trying and got it in the first month.

I was shaken out of my train of thought when Josh rolled over to face me and his arm moved across the bed to find my waist. He smiled a little in his sleep and I let him sleep a few more moments.

"Josh," I whispered.

"Josh." A little louder until he opened his eyes briefly.

"What time?" he asked, opening one eye.

"Early. But I couldn't sleep. I wanted to give you your present."

I moved his hand around from my back to where mine had been resting, gently splaying his hand against the bare skin.

"We're pregnant!"

He opened both eyes and looked at me.

"For real?"

I nodded and burst into a grin. He smiled back and pulled me close to him. I snuggled in, listening to the dual rhythms of his heartbeat and breathing. He rested his chin on the top of my head and rubbed my back gently. I closed my eyes, feeling at peace, safe, loved and happy.

We went back to sleep, finally getting up in the late morning hours when the phone rang. We let the machine get it, listening to Karen wish us a Merry Christmas. We got some breakfast and after exchanging gifts and opening the ones sent to us by the guys, we spent most of the day cuddling on the couch and watching movies.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl