Author's Chapter Notes:
Coming clean.

Amazingly, my parents were making an appearance for Thanksgiving this year. They had known I got married, and invited us to dinner at their place.

We had excused ourselves for a few minutes for Josh to call his parents. 

"Hey Mom," Josh said quietly into the phone, "I'm doing fine. Sorry I haven't called lately, things have been a bit crazy lately.....Yeah, I'm sorry too. Maybe next year we'll come out there. How's everyone? ... Did I say that?... I keep forgetting who knows, Mom, I'm sorry...Sam and I got married back in September...Yes, I'm serious....She and Lance got a divorce, remember? Back in August. ... No! It was nothing like that. Alright, hold on."

He handed the phone to me and mouthed "good luck".

"Hello?"

"You're my new daughter-in-law? Is this true?" Karen asked.

"Yes."

"So you were sneaking behind Lance's back with Josh?"

"No. I kind of left after the divorce and Josh and I kind of bumped into each other a month later and everything just kind of bloom pretty quickly. I love him, Karen. I really love him."

"Alright, if you feel that way. I just don't want to see him get hurt."

"I won't," I lowered my voice and turned from Josh, "I'd have to chop off a limb before I could even think of hurting him."

We finished up and hung up.

"Well, that went okay," I smiled at Josh.

"Let's go get some turkey and watch some football."

"You know, I think your parents think I'm Lance."

I shrugged. "Wouldn't surprise me. I'm surprised they knew I was married in the first place." I gave him a kiss. "Love you."

"Love you too."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl