Author's Chapter Notes:
Aydin & Aurora

With a couple of weeks to go until my due date, I was taking it easy. We decided to make a quick weekend trip to Lance's parents, to celebrate his birthday early. I was napping as he drove. I awoke to shift again and told Lance to pull over next chance he had so I could use the restroom.

 

I barely made it to the bathroom in time, and when I stood up, I was taken aback when another trickle of liquid started to drip down my legs. Panic set in for a moment while I checked to make sure it wasn't blood and relieved that it wasn't. I finished up in the bathroom and waddled back out to the car, opening the trunk and getting out the spare blanket and spreading it over the passenger seat as Lance came back to the car with a couple of sodas in his hands.

"What's up?" he asked, opening the driver's side and putting the drinks in the cup holders.

"My water broke." I climbed into the car and got situated. Lance murmured something under his breath and jogged back into the store. He returned a few minutes later with a piece of paper and got in, handing me the paper. A quick glance told me they were directions.

"We're not going to make it back home in time, and I'd rather not have it happen in the car..." I nodded and started giving him the directions as he drove. We find the hospital alright, and while we wait for my labor to progress, I ask Lance where we are.

 "About an hour or so from Mom's house, why?"

I smiled. "So our kids will be true Mississippians then." He chuckled.

The day passed too slowly, but finally I was pushing. A cry announced the arrival of our son. There was barely time to rest as only eight minutes later, our daughter arrived. They were taken to be checked and tested while I was attended to, and Lance kissed my forehead.

"They're gorgeous like their mother. Love you."

"Love you too."

Once in my private room, two nurses brought in the twins. They placed one in each of my arms and for the first time, I got to look at Aydin James and Aurora Zemirah. 

Lance smiled as he watched us. He picked up the phone and dialed a number.

"Mom? Yeah, they're here.... We're all doing fine.... Tired, which is to be expected..... Yeah.... They were eight minutes apart....  They both weighed in at 6 pounds, 5 ounces... Yes, they actually weighed them both twice! I think we get out of here tomorrow, but we can stop by... Okay then, see you tomorrow Mom. Night."

A short while and two feedings later, the babies were in the nursery, Lance was asleep on a cot they brought in and I was sleeping in the bed.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl