Author's Chapter Notes:
A beginning?
Five months along and I'm doing great. An ultra sound a few days earlier showed that we were going to have a boy and a girl. I was feeling more tired this time around than I had with Celine or Scottie. And Lance was becoming very protective of me and sensitive to my needs, or rather, the needs he thought I needed! So when I lied down to take a nap, I wasn't surprised at all when he said he was going to do some last minute shopping and that JC was coming over in case I needed anything. I nodded and closed my eyes.

I was awoken by a gentle pressure on my lips. Thinking it was Lance being romantic and too tired to open my eyes, I ran my tongue along the edge of his lips. When the response was a gentle brush against my forehead and the bed shifting instead of the three quick kisses, I opened my eyes. To JC's back heading towards the bedroom door.

"JC?" I mumbled, wondering if I was still asleep. He stopped and came back to stand next to the bed.

"What do you need?"

I lifted my hand up to my lips and could swear I saw a flash of panic in his eyes.

"Nothing," I said as I sat up. I pushed out of bed and walked to the bathroom, where I locked the door and slumped down on the toilet to think. A soft knock on the door jolted me from my thoughts.

"Sam? Are you alright in there?" JC called out. I got up and came to the door.

"Yeah."

"Listen, I was going to go make some lunch. Want anything?"

I shook my head and he turned to leave.

"Wait."

He paused, waiting to hear what I was going to say.

"You kissed me," It wasn't so much a question as a statement. I watched as he turned and looked at the wall behind me.

"Yeah." I waited for the why. It seemed to take hours but he finally looked right at me.

"Sam, I love you. I've been trying to fight it for months now. I know I've always seemed to be...the loner, I guess you could say, of the group, but don't think I never cared for you. I did and I do - too much really," I started to tear up as he continued, "The amount of time we've been spending together lately just makes it harder." He choked back a tiny sob and I reached out and touched his arm.

"Damn it, I can't do this to you or Lance. He's like my brother, you know? He's a great guy, and the two of you are so happy. Who am I to come along and destroy that? Just forget any of this happened, okay? I'll just work my way through all this."

He stopped talking because we could hear a door slam shut and Lance called out. Before either one of us had a chance to move, Lance was in the doorway with some bags. When he caught sight of us, he stopped dead in his tracks and looked from one to the other. Throwing his bags on the bed, he ran over to me.

"Sam, honey, are you alright?" I nodded as he pulled me close and looked at JC.

"What the FUCK did you do?" Lance asked him. JC started backing up.

"Nothing, nothing. I've got...bye." With that, he headed to the door. Lance was facing me and not the door, so he didn't see the broken expression on JC's face as he glanced back at the door.


Later that evening after everything calmed down, I told Lance what happened (leaving out the final glance and what it did to me), and he got more furious over the fact that I kissed back than anything else. I kept telling him I thought it was him, but I was never sure he believed me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl