Author's Chapter Notes:
Restraint

"Samantha Kern?" A guy in a suit asked me.

"Yes."

He handed me an envelope. "You've been served." He turned and briskly walked back to his car. I shut the door behind him and opened the envelope.

Court papers. Scott was taking me to court for custody.

I made it to my bedroom before I dissolved into tears.

 

The court date was a week later. When the hearing started, Scott and his parents claimed I was an unfit mother because I was frequently off with the guys (one of whom I was known to be dating) and as such, often unavailable or unreachable in the event of a crisis. They produced papparazzi photos of me with the guys in newspapers and magazines. 

When it came to my turn, I explained that Lance and I had begun dating before Scottie was born, and I loved my children. If something happened, I had a cell phone and Scott's family had the number, and I would be on the first moving thing home. 

Scott's family continued on how I was irresponsible, getting pregnant twice at such a young age. I couldn't possibly have an argument about that, so I simply said, "It takes two to tango."

The hearing ended when the Judge took a few minutes in his chamber to look over the facts.

 

The judge came back in and gave his verdict. He sided with Scott and his parents. We were dismissed, and once outside the court doors, Scott's Mother came up to me and handed me more papers.

"You are not to come near the family again. Your bad influence has done enough to our son, we do not want it to interfere with our grandbabies. Good-bye." She walked briskly away, Scott and his father following, leaving me to stand and stare at their retreating backs.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: friendsturnedlovers love firsttime nsasync triangles daddyjc debutsync celebritysync postsync daddyl originalcharacters marriedjc marriedl