Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok... Let me just start with the facts. I am a complete slacker.

With school and working 2 jobs right now, my time is limited and I have been working on one of my other stories in the only free moments I do have. But I will try to balance those free moments with both stories. I love Malia and Justin so it's something I will try to do!

Thanks to jersey_tenn of course!

Enough blabbering, here is the next section.

 

So, what do you do when everything you have ever wanted is lying next to you, his legs intertwined with yours, his arms laced perfectly around your waist, and his face buried in the curve of your neck?

You whine.

You whine, because now the real work has to begin. Relationships in general are work, which only makes this relationship twenty times as hard.

And then you stress.

You stress about everything. Life isn't just about my happiness anymore. This other person has wishes, dreams, and feelings that needed catering to.

With all the possible obstacles we were going to be faced with, none of them compared to the amount of time we would be spending apart. It was hard to imagine the endless mornings waking up to a cold, empty bed. The endless days of being thousands of miles away from each other, relying on phone conversations to fill the void of their absence. The endless nights of wishing he was there to crawl up next to, when the depths of the day were too much to bear.

 

I twisted around inside of his arms, watching every movement his face made. The peaceful look was endearing, and worth everything we were about to go through. It warmed my heart to see him so relaxed, so at ease. The bigger picture was worth more than the painting process.

I wanted to see his face like this every morning. I wanted to feel his presence next to me every night.

I ran my thumb over the curve of his cheekbone, gliding over the stubbles of his beard he hadn't shaved in days. I studied his every move, watching as his eyelashes flickered with my touch. The slight quiver his body would make as my fingers trailed down his neck. I leaned over into his enticing scent, gently placing my lips on his forehead, closing my eyes, taking in everything this moment had to give me.

His arms pulled me against his body, instantly resting my head on his chest. Listening to the beat of his heart racing before it came to a rest, beating slowly and evenly. He was content.

I loved him.

How was that possible?

Somehow, someway, I'd let pieces of my heart fall into his hands. He had taken those pieces and gripped them so tightly in his hands that I felt secure in my choices.

I wanted these arms wrapped around me, just like this, every day.

 

 

            "Ugh." Justin complained as I wiggled out of his grip and climbed out of bed. "Where you going?" he mumbled flipping over to lie on his back, stretching out all over the bed.

"Coffee." I said reaching down to pick up his t-shirt, pulling it over my head as I bounced out of the room.

            The back staircase from the master suite led directly into the kitchen. My feet tapped against the chilly wood floor through the enormous kitchen. Up on my tip toes, I sifted through the cupboards, attempting to find some kind of coffee that could awaken these senses. Each cupboard was empty. One single cupboard next to the sink held two black square dinner plates, two crystal drinking glasses, two coffee cups, and a bag of Starbucks coffee

He must never have guests over. I chuckled to myself.

            I placed the lonely two coffee mugs on the counter next to the coffee dripping in the glass globe as I ventured around the enormous kitchen, looking at the gorgeous structure of this home. It was nothing like his home in Los Angeles and nothing like the apartment in New York City. The simplicity of the furniture and artwork on the walls showed a different side of Justin. This Justin was simple and classic.

Lost in the moment, I turned back to see the coffee had finished perking and it was piping hot. I poured my cup to the rim, sipping it slowly as I turned to see a note on the island staring back at me.

 

Breakfast is in the oven. Have a great day. I love you - Mom

 

A smiled waved over my face. The relationship that he has with his mother was something rare and could be overpowering for any insecure women, but it was incredible to see the love that they had for each other. They spent so much of their time apart, yet they had the closest relationship anyone could have.

I poured a second cup of coffee, exhaling a deep sigh of relief, running my hands through my hair. I had actually done it. I actually let this incredible man take a hold of my heart. The bad thing, this was just the start. The real work had to now begin. With our schedules and work ethic we are going to be traveling from coast to coast to see each other. The real work is about to begin.

Choices. No one knows the choices they will make with the day in front of them, and how much one choice would change the course of the rest of their life. A simple word from a line you had heard a million times before could change everything today.

No one holds the key to the future.

 

"There's something about a woman with my t-shirt on, hair in her eyes, and no makeup on, standing there with my coffee cup..." I looked up from my daze out the window above the sink, overlooking the backyard to see Justin's reflection in the glass. He continued to speak as I turned to face him. "There's something about that woman that is just easy to love."

 

He manages to wipe away all the issues I could think about with just a simple statement. He had that kind of power over all of my emotions. I stood there looking at him, and he was everything I could have ever wanted. I smiled at him just before he whisked my body into his, wrapping his arms around my back, placing his hands just under the hem of his t-shirt, putting his hands amply around his favorite part of my body. "Good morning darling."

"Good morning." I replied, placing my hands around his neck, twirling my fingers into the curls that rested atop his head. "Coffee?" I finally whispered to him.

He nipped the edge of my ear, fluttering his eyelashes against my cheek as he pulled away. The smile on his face seemed permanent. "Yes..."

"Your mother left breakfast in the oven for you." I pointed at the note on the island.

"Of course she did." he chuckled. "I have to have my mama's home cooking when I'm home."

I watched him sip his coffee, his hand wrapped around the hot cup as he starred off into the back yard of the property. This place put him at ease. He didn't have the stress of cameras following him, he didn't have a hundred people standing over him with things he needed to do, and he didn't have to be anyone but himself here.

 "Is this your house?" I asked him, slightly nervous to ask that kind of question to him. I almost felt like I was invading his personal space with such questions. Never thinking the idea of just waking up in his bed, where we had spent most of the night making love, was such a personal space.

"Yes." He answered turning back to look at me, leaning against the counter. "I just bought it. This my first trip home that I have gotten to stay here..."

"It's gorgeous. So peaceful."

"Exactly why I bought it." He smiled at me, "I'd love to spend more time here, rather than Los Angeles..."

"I could see you living here rather than there." I admitted.

"Maybe someday..." he expressed.

 

He reached his hand out to me, pulling me back into his chest. "I could hold you like this forever."

"I'd like that." Somewhere between his heartbeats I fell even more in love with him. "I'm glad I came..." I finally expressed, dropping my head to his shoulder. It was the best decision I had made thus far.

"Me too..." he kissed my forehead, wrapping his arms in a tight grip around my entire body.

With my head buried into his chest, he asked the question we were both avoiding at all cost. "When do you leave?"

"In a couple hours." I said wishing it weren't true.

 

 

The hours went by too quickly and as the car came to a stop, it was my cue to get out but I just sat there. Leaving this time was the hardest of them all. I didn't know when I would see him again, I didn't know if I would get back out there on my own and would be okay without him next to me.

My door opened slowly and he placed his hand out for me to take a hold of it. As my feet hit the ground, it was real. I was leaving him. It was never this difficult to get on a plane and leave Aaron behind. It was a better day when I climbed on the plane and flew miles and miles away from him.

With Justin's head leaning against my forehead, on the pavement outside of that airplane that awaited me, he delivered his most precious words to me. "I hope you know that no matter where you are... I will never be too far away from you. " His warm breathe fluttered down off the bridge of my nose, "When you get the most amazing news, when the crowd of the most amazing fans drops you to your knees with emotion..." He exhaled a deep breath, "And If you're ever feeling down and you need someone around. If you feel like your walls are falling down... If the silence gets too loud..." His hand gripped the back of my head even tighter, caressing his fingers over the music note heart that rested on the back of my neck, "If you just turn around, I'll be right behind you."

We were not only going to make it through this time apart; we were going to go the distance. We were going to grow stronger with each moment we weren't together and explore this love that we had found.

Sometimes things are just meant to be.

Chapter End Notes:
 

Lady Antebellum "Something Bout A Woman"

Ashley Arrison "Right Behind You"



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: affair oral celebrityj soloj triangles tabloids